+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario Express Entry: Human Capital Priorities Stream

inihtar

Nov 2, 2015
No, this is a notification of interest. You need to go to the OINP website and download the application to apply for a nomination under the Human Capital Priorities Stream. As it says in the letter, you have 45 days since receiving the notification to submit your application.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Mechanical Engg said:
My wife just received the below message last night.Can anybody confirm is this a nomination from OINP.And, if it is the OINP then they have written below to contact OINP, so I want to know by which link I should contact them, is it by sending documents within 45 days or by any other mode.

Ontario would like to consider you under their Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)

Dear HARMEET KAUR,

The Government of Ontario is interested in considering you for nomination under its Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) through Express Entry.

If you want Ontario to consider you for nomination under its PNP you must contact Ontario directly after receiving this letter. Note that this letter of interest is not a guarantee that you will be nominated by Ontario. You will first have to satisfy Ontario that you meet the requirements of their program.

You can find general information about each province or territory's PNP program on the CIC website. You will also find a link to Ontario's PNP requirements and contact information.

General information:

If a province or territory nominates you through Express Entry and you accept the PNP nomination you will be allocated an additional 600 points in the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System. This means you will likely receive an invitation to apply for permanent residence under the Provincial Nominee Program.

If you accept a nomination, you are indicating to both Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and that provincial or territorial jurisdiction that you intend to live in that province or territory and that you will comply with any other provincial or territorial program requirements.

Once you accept a nomination, your profile will no longer be visible to other provinces and territories, so you will not be considered for nomination by other jurisdictions. You will also not be considered for federal economic programs in Express Entry.

If a province or territory nominates you and you decline the PNP nomination, you will not be invited to apply under Ontario's nominee program.

It is possible to be nominated by more than one province or territory, but you may only accept one nomination.

If you decline the nomination, you will stay in the Express Entry pool of candidates. You will still be eligible to receive invitations to apply under the federal immigration programs (Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program and/or Canadian Experience Class). As well, other provinces and territories (if applicable) will be able to see your profile for future consideration.

You are not obligated to:

contact a province or territory that is interested in you, or
accept a nomination from a province or territory.

However, if you do not accept a nomination, there is no guarantee that you will be nominated by another province or territory, or that you will be invited to apply under a federal economic program in Express Entry.

A PNP nomination does not guarantee that you are eligible for permanent residence. The final decision to issue a visa or other document for permanent residence rests with CIC.
1) This is not nomination. This is an interest letter.
2) You have to submit a complete application package to Ontario for them to consider you for nomination.
3) You should submit this within 45 days from the receipt of PT.
4) You need not contact Ontario. You "Accept" this PT by sending them a complete application package within 45 days.

Here is the link to the application guide - http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_hcps.pdf

This is the updates page - OINP posts updates about the program here - http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html

Please take note of the Jan 11 update. It is important.

Good luck and all the very best!

hemche

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Hyderabad
Category........
NOC Code......
2173 / 2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
1) This is not nomination. This is an interest letter.
2) You have to submit a complete application package to Ontario for them to consider you for nomination.
3) You should submit this within 45 days from the receipt of PT.
4) You need not contact Ontario. You "Accept" this PT by sending them a complete application package within 45 days.

Here is the link to the application guide - http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_hcps.pdf

This is the updates page - OINP posts updates about the program here - http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html

Please take note of the Jan 11 update. It is important.

Good luck and all the very best!
Hi Raj, Many Thanks for sharing the Jan 11 update link. i have query here. It's been 30 days, i have sent the package. Should i order duplicate ECA report right away? or once i get the AOR?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
hemche said:
Hi Raj, Many Thanks for sharing the Jan 11 update link. i have query here. It's been 30 days, i have sent the package. Should i order duplicate ECA report right away? or once i get the AOR?
Well, this topic is debatable. I have advised people to wait until you get an email from Ontario asking for the ECA from the ECA issuing agency.

Since you have already submitted the application, I suggest you to wait until they send you an e-mail requesting to order an ECA report to be sent to them directly from the issuing agency.

hemche

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Hyderabad
Category........
NOC Code......
2173 / 2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Well, this topic is debatable. I have advised people to wait until you get an email from Ontario asking for the ECA from the ECA issuing agency.

Since you have already submitted the application, I suggest you to wait until they send you an e-mail requesting to order an ECA report to be sent to them directly from the issuing agency.
Thank you :) will wait.

sinab

Jan 16, 2016
Hi everyone,

I hand-delivered my documents to the Ministry, on Dec 28th and put it in their drop box.
I haven't heard anything back from them yet. Am I supposed to get a confirmation email or something?

Appreciate your thoughts,
Thanks!

princessofdiamonds

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sinab said:
Hi everyone,

I hand-delivered my documents to the Ministry, on Dec 28th and put it in their drop box.
I haven't heard anything back from them yet. Am I supposed to get a confirmation email or something?

Appreciate your thoughts,
Thanks!
Expect 8-10 weeks wait for confirmation if you are FSW
3-4 weeks CEC

I hand delivered mine 6th January FSW outlander, and I have yet to hear anything either

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
8 weeks for confirmation FSW?! And 3 months processing time after that?

princessofdiamonds said:
Expect 8-10 weeks wait for confirmation if you are FSW
3-4 weeks CEC

I hand delivered mine 6th January FSW outlander, and I have yet to hear anything either

princessofdiamonds

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omarnabsws said:
8 weeks for confirmation FSW?! And 3 months processing time after that?
Unfortunately yes. There is a huge backlog - We're hoping that they have taken on more case officers... but just hope it goes quick!

noramime

Jan 4, 2016
Toronto
Hi I have a question, after the nomination by OINP it says in the CIC that we have 60 days to comply and submit our requirements right? What if during the medicals, we have a condition that needs additional treatment or tests before we pass the medicals, such us sputum test for someone who has pulmonary fibrosis, that usually takes 2 months to process, does this mean I cannot comply with the 60 days requirement? or do they accept other documentation or explanation from my doctors? kindly advise as I am very worried, although I haven't receive any AOR yet, I just found yesterday that I have a scar in my lungs, but my doctor said my lungs are okay and I have no history of TB or asthma, he said during the medicals for CIC sputum test is still required, which may take 60 days to process. Please enlighten me. Thanks so much!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
noramime said:
Hi I have a question, after the nomination by OINP it says in the CIC that we have 60 days to comply and submit our requirements right? What if during the medicals, we have a condition that needs additional treatment or tests before we pass the medicals, such us sputum test for someone who has pulmonary fibrosis, that usually takes 2 months to process, does this mean I cannot comply with the 60 days requirement? or do they accept other documentation or explanation from my doctors? kindly advise as I am very worried, although I haven't receive any AOR yet, I just found yesterday that I have a scar in my lungs, but my doctor said my lungs are okay and I have no history of TB or asthma, he said during the medicals for CIC sputum test is still required, which may take 60 days to process. Please enlighten me. Thanks so much!
Your doctor will provide you with a report upfront. You have to upload it. Once you upload, CIC medical team checks it. If they want further tests to be done, they'll send a furtherance request. Only then those further tests need to be done!

noramime

Jan 4, 2016
Toronto
rajkamalmohanram said:
Your doctor will provide you with a report upfront. You have to upload it. Once you upload, CIC medical team checks it. If they want further tests to be done, they'll send a furtherance request. Only then those further tests need to be done!

Thanks for the reply. Im so happy that there is a forum like this, it makes the worrying less. I have submitted my application package to OINP last Nov 10, 2015 and no update til now. Hope they send out AORs soon. We almost have the same time line. Good luck and God bless!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
noramime said:
Thanks for the reply. Im so happy that there is a forum like this, it makes the worrying less. I have submitted my application package to OINP last Nov 10, 2015 and no update til now. Hope they send out AORs soon. We almost have the same time line. Good luck and God bless!
To you too! :)

NicoleD

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
Hi guys,
Is it still possible to get the application package returned to me via the mail after already receiving AOR from Ontario? Or the AOR means the application was verified and everything is ok,no need to reject it?