+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario Express Entry: Human Capital Priorities Stream

mvd

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IS IT NECESSARY TO ATTACH INCOME TAX ASSESSMENT WITH ONP APPLICATION?

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
Hello All,

A friend of mine has just graduated from College with an Advanced Diploma. Is he eligible for OINP Human Capital priorities stream?

Thank you.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
mazamilam said:
Hello All,

A friend of mine has just graduated from College with an Advanced Diploma. Is he eligible for OINP Human Capital priorities stream?

Thank you.
Unless he has a "Bachelor's degree", he is not eligible.

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
rajkamalmohanram said:
Unless he has a "Bachelor's degree", he is not eligible.
Thank you. I wanted to clarify that.

T365

Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
mazamilam said:
Thank you. I wanted to clarify that.
Don't forget that he has to have at least 1 year of work experience in the NOC he's claiming against. Unless he's a CEC candidate with a job/job offer in hand.

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
T365 said:
Don't forget that he has to have at least 1 year of work experience in the NOC he's claiming against. Unless he's a CEC candidate with a job/job offer in hand.
He has given a few interviews and should land a job soon, Inshallah.

The problem is that he only has the advanced diploma and all the experience he has in the field was gained during his co-op terms, which I know cannot be used for points. He does not have any foreign work experience either.

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
mazamilam said:
He has given a few interviews and should land a job soon, Inshallah.

The problem is that he only has the advanced diploma and all the experience he has in the field was gained during his co-op terms, which I know cannot be used for points. He does not have any foreign work experience either.
Doesn't look likely he will qualify. However, he can still have a go at creating his CIC profile and checking if he does fall under the requirements.

He will, however, need to take his IELTS and get his WES evaluation done for the same to get an accurate picture.

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
PiyushAgrawal06121985 said:
Doesn't look likely he will qualify. However, he can still have a go at creating his CIC profile and checking if he does fall under the requirements.

He will, however, need to take his IELTS and get his WES evaluation done for the same to get an accurate picture.
He doesn't need a WES Evaluation report because he completed his studies and graduated from a college in Toronto.

Once he lands a job, he will enroll for IELTS.

Seanig2014

Jul 4, 2014
Hello All,
I got the letter of interests at the very end of December, and I am preparing the documents currently. I have a question about my education docs. I have a Canadian PhD degree. But do I need to submit my other non-Canadian degrees (Like Master's and Bachelor's), which I don't have ECA report for them. And applying ECA report can cost more than 3 months.
Thank you very much for your help.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Seanig2014 said:
Hello All,
I got the letter of interests at the very end of December, and I am preparing the documents currently. I have a question about my education docs. I have a Canadian PhD degree. But do I need to submit my other non-Canadian degrees (Like Master's and Bachelor's), which I don't have ECA report for them. And applying ECA report can cost more than 3 months.
Thank you very much for your help.
Submitting just your PhD will do!

kumar4

Jan 12, 2016
Dear All,

I have received notification of interest on Dec 17 and I have the following questions:

Currently I have one year of full time experience in Canada and I am qualified under CEC. I have two years of international experience, however has no supporting documentation to support this. Therefore I haven't used this experience in EE profile. Therefore I was only qualified under CEC. As the application guide mentions that should be no gap in the work history, how should I explain this gap in work experience? Do you advise providing a letter explaining this?

Does the resume that I should provide should also have international experience?
[II]How do I satisfy my ties in Ontario? Do I need to provide a letter explaining what ties I have with Ontario?
[III] My current passport is valid under 2 years. I can only apply for re-issue when my passport expiry is under 1 year. can I explain this in a letter?

Thanks in anticipation,
Kumar

Anastasia_Y

Jan 10, 2016
Hi,

I got the letter of interest from the province of Ontario. I am going under Federal skilled worker program, I wrote in my application that I had 2 years of work back to my home country as Architect NOC 2151. I am currently working in Ontario as a Landscape Architect NOC 2152, A) will there be any conflict during the process of consideration of my nomination due to the different NOC codes?
B) my duties on that 2 year job were duties of a Landscape Architect, so in the reference letter the title of the position will not match Architect NOC description. I can ask my employer to change the name of the position, but I will need to change it also in the Express Entry profile. Will this change affect the nomination?

Thank you in advance

Mechanical Engg

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 15,2017
Nomination.....
Dec 16,2016
AOR Received.
Mar 15,2017
My wife just received the below message last night.Can anybody confirm is this a nomination from OINP.And, if it is the OINP then they have written below to contact OINP, so I want to know by which link I should contact them, is it by sending documents within 45 days or by any other mode.

Ontario would like to consider you under their Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)

Dear HARMEET KAUR,

The Government of Ontario is interested in considering you for nomination under its Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) through Express Entry.

If you want Ontario to consider you for nomination under its PNP you must contact Ontario directly after receiving this letter. Note that this letter of interest is not a guarantee that you will be nominated by Ontario. You will first have to satisfy Ontario that you meet the requirements of their program.

You can find general information about each province or territory's PNP program on the CIC website. You will also find a link to Ontario's PNP requirements and contact information.

General information:

If a province or territory nominates you through Express Entry and you accept the PNP nomination you will be allocated an additional 600 points in the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System. This means you will likely receive an invitation to apply for permanent residence under the Provincial Nominee Program.

If you accept a nomination, you are indicating to both Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and that provincial or territorial jurisdiction that you intend to live in that province or territory and that you will comply with any other provincial or territorial program requirements.

Once you accept a nomination, your profile will no longer be visible to other provinces and territories, so you will not be considered for nomination by other jurisdictions. You will also not be considered for federal economic programs in Express Entry.

If a province or territory nominates you and you decline the PNP nomination, you will not be invited to apply under Ontario's nominee program.

It is possible to be nominated by more than one province or territory, but you may only accept one nomination.

If you decline the nomination, you will stay in the Express Entry pool of candidates. You will still be eligible to receive invitations to apply under the federal immigration programs (Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program and/or Canadian Experience Class). As well, other provinces and territories (if applicable) will be able to see your profile for future consideration.

You are not obligated to:

contact a province or territory that is interested in you, or
accept a nomination from a province or territory.

However, if you do not accept a nomination, there is no guarantee that you will be nominated by another province or territory, or that you will be invited to apply under a federal economic program in Express Entry.

A PNP nomination does not guarantee that you are eligible for permanent residence. The final decision to issue a visa or other document for permanent residence rests with CIC.