Pre-Assessed..
K_Water said:
Hi guys,

I got nominated yesterday, ;D

NOC 2281 - FSW

05/08/2015 Express Entry - Logins created
18/08/2015 Express Entry - Jobbank Acc. Created
26/08/2015 Express Entry - Updated Profile for OINP
27/08/2015 OINP - PT Received (Letter of Interest)
22/09/2015 OINP - Application Sent
24/09/2015 OINP - Application Deilvered
30/11/2015 OINP - AOR (Letter of Ack)
16/12/2015 OINP - Request for ECA Report and Additional Info/Docs :mad:
18/12/2015 OINP - Ordered Duplicate ECA Report(edelivery) with WES
23/12/2015 OINP - Ack from WES, ECA report is processed and Shipped
30/12/2015 OINP - Nominated (Email notification from CIC)

-Kalyan
We have the same occupation. My App was received last Nov 18. Hopefully I get the AOR this month with the same timeline as yours which is getting nomination 3months after receipt. Goodluck!

bhavcaluk

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
What are you talking about? CIC does NOT require a Birth Certificate for PA or spouse. Birth Certificates are required only for children.

He's asking about Ontario and not CIC. For Ontario, BC is mandatory. If you do not have a BC, a letter from a competent authority is required. If that is impossible to get, then a declaration that has been notarized along with some other document that can substantiate your DOB would do, IMO.
What is suggested is use a 10th pass certificate and support it with a affidavit preferably from parents .
CIC does need a proof of birth if you are applying without PNP
My daughter applied for FSW 2014 and was not having a birth certificate.Her 10TH pass certificate from ICSE also was not having name of parent(s).So she used this with a affidavit from parents .The same was accepted and she is in Canada now.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
bhavcaluk said:
What is suggested is use a 10th pass certificate and support it with a affidavit preferably from parents .
CIC does need a proof of birth if you are applying without PNP
My daughter applied for FSW 2014 and was not having a birth certificate.Her 10TH pass certificate from ICSE also was not having name of parent(s).So she used this with a affidavit from parents .The same was accepted and she is in Canada now.
NO. CIC does NOT require Birth Certificate for PA and spouse (at least for EE applicants, irrespective of whether the applicant is applying under PNP or not). This is required only for children. You would have known this if you had seen the checklist on the CIC website. It says the following -

Copy of birth certificate or other equivalent document
Purpose

To prove the dependent children’s relationship to the parents
Document requirements

This document is required only if the applicant identifies dependent children.
The document must be one of the following:
birth certificate;
equivalent document from birth country; or
letter of explanation (where no birth certificate is available in the country).

Individuals who must submit this documentation

All the dependent children, including non-accompanying

Please note what is highlighted above in RED. There is no mention of PA or the spouse having to submit birth certificate.

Here is the link - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

The question that the OP was asking was an alternate document to the province of Ontario and not to CIC. They are different entities.

Submitting a 10th certificate along with an affidavit might or might not work with Ontario (We cannot assume that whatever worked with CIC will work for Ontario as well).

bhavcaluk

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
NO. CIC does NOT require Birth Certificate for PA and spouse (at least for EE applicants, irrespective of whether the applicant is applying under PNP or not). This is required only for children. You would have known this if you had seen the checklist on the CIC website. It says the following -

Copy of birth certificate or other equivalent document
Purpose

To prove the dependent children’s relationship to the parents
Document requirements

This document is required only if the applicant identifies dependent children.
The document must be one of the following:
birth certificate;
equivalent document from birth country; or
letter of explanation (where no birth certificate is available in the country).

Individuals who must submit this documentation

All the dependent children, including non-accompanying

Please note what is highlighted above in RED. There is no mention of PA or the spouse having to submit birth certificate.

Here is the link - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

The question that the OP was asking was an alternate document to the province of Ontario and not to CIC. They are different entities.

Submitting a 10th certificate along with an affidavit might or might not work with Ontario (We cannot assume that whatever worked with CIC will work for Ontario as well).
Please open the link . Read under Mandatory Documents (if applicable) .Under this the copy of birth certificate or other equivalent document is mentioned. This is required for direct entry applicants for Express entry.
In the absence of date of birth document ,CIC cannot give points for age.
Further a personalised list of documents is sent to each applicant.
In the absence of birth certificate , we have to provide a equivalent document just like if if one does not have a duties on the reference letter, we use a the duties witnessed by a senior or colleague.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
bhavcaluk said:
Please open the link . Read under Mandatory Documents (if applicable) .Under this the copy of birth certificate or other equivalent document is mentioned. This is required for direct entry applicants for Express entry.
In the absence of date of birth document ,CIC cannot give points for age.
Further a personalised list of documents is sent to each applicant.
In the absence of birth certificate , we have to provide a equivalent document just like if if one does not have a duties on the reference letter, we use a the duties witnessed by a senior or colleague.
NO. It says "if applicable" because you should submit it if you have kids, otherwise you don't. As I have highlighted in RED in my earlier post, NOWHERE it is mentioned that the PA or the spouse have to submit the Birth Certificate.

Does it say "if applicable" near the medical test, Police Certificates, Proof of funds and Work Experience sections? NO. Because they are MANDATORY. It says "if applicable" near Birth Certificate because it is NOT required for spouse and PA and not all applicants are married and have kids. That's why is says "if applicable".

With all due respect, if you are not sure, please do NOT argue. Birth Certificate is NOT required for the PA and the spouse. It is required for all children, whether accompanying or not. Stop confusing people here. I can get the top member "Asivad Anac" to confirm this right here in this topic.

@Asivad, Could you kindly confirm this, please?

noramime

Jan 4, 2016
Toronto
Hi this is my first time to join the forum.. I'd like to inquire if you have an idea as to the estimated date I will receive an AOR? I sent my application package for OINP-FSW last Nov 10, 2015. If anyone of you have submitted your application with the same timeline. Thanks in advance for your help.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
noramime said:
Hi this is my first time to join the forum.. I'd like to inquire if you have an idea as to the estimated date I will receive an AOR? I sent my application package for OINP-FSW last Nov 10, 2015. If anyone of you have submitted your application with the same timeline. Thanks in advance for your help.
Mine reached them on Nov 5. It takes 8 - 10 weeks or sometimes more to get an AOR.

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
noramime said:
Mine was submitted on 11th November. Hoping for some information on this in the coming 2-3 weeks.

noramime

Jan 4, 2016
Toronto
PiyushAgrawal06121985 said:
Mine was submitted on 11th November. Hoping for some information on this in the coming 2-3 weeks.
Yeah. Lets pray for positive results this coming weeks. Do you guys think AOR guarantees nomination? Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
noramime said:
Yeah. Lets pray for positive results this coming weeks. Do you guys think AOR guarantees nomination? Thanks
No. AOR is just a completeness check of your application. It DOES NOT guarantee nomination. You can still be found ineligible after getting an AOR. But lets not worry too much about it - Ontario does NOT reject unless it really has to. As long as you have proper documentation and your settlement plan is solid, then you are good to go.

nurat

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
CIC does not, Ontario does for PA...

rajkamalmohanram said:
What are you talking about? CIC does NOT require a Birth Certificate for PA or spouse. Birth Certificates are required only for children.

He's asking about Ontario and not CIC. For Ontario, BC is mandatory. If you do not have a BC, a letter from a competent authority is required. If that is impossible to get, then a declaration that has been notarized along with some other document that can substantiate your DOB would do, IMO.

Sidney.Bae

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
guys I have a few questions.

1. I'm currently working in Alberta, and just received PT Notification of Interest from Ontario, but my PGWP expires in the beginning of July. Do I still have enough time?

2. My financial situation is basically living paycheck to paycheck, no savings, I will have to ask for some cash from my parents, also can provide their proof of savings, would this still work?

noramime

Jan 4, 2016
Toronto
rajkamalmohanram said:
No. AOR is just a completeness check of your application. It DOES NOT guarantee nomination. You can still be found ineligible after getting an AOR. But lets not worry too much about it - Ontario does NOT reject unless it really has to. As long as you have proper documentation and your settlement plan is solid, then you are good to go.
Thanks for the input! Cant do anything right now but to just wait and pray.

ppahuja

Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sidney.Bae said:

1. I'm currently working in Alberta, and just received PT Notification of Interest from Ontario, but my PGWP expires in the beginning of July. Do I still have enough time?
Yes, you do have enoght time. CEC applicants are processed way faster in comparison to FSW applicants.

2. My financial situation is basically living paycheck to paycheck, no savings, I will have to ask for some cash from my parents, also can provide their proof of savings, would this still work?
You need to get your POF sorted out to make sure you have minimum LICO in your name. If you intend to take these funds from your parents, make sure to get a gift deed done citing that this money is a gift and need not be returned. You have a complete thread from anujgupta on this forum to apprise you on required steps. Good luck!!

bhavcaluk

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sidney.Bae said:

i think for CEC you do not need to show funds.