Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
App. Filed.......
14-11-2017
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
File Transfer...
14-02-2017
Hi everyone,

Have my G1 here in Ontario but have a bit of a difficult situation... My driving license in my home country is under a different surname than my G1, PR card and home country passport. If I get a letter from my embassy or from the license authority to prove my history it will have my other surname (my second middle name). Does anyone have experience with this and what was done in order for it to be accepted in Canada?

Thanks!

Alex54321

Jul 28, 2017
USA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
20-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Each situation is different. My wife's (PR) all paperwork ( DL, letters, PR card, passport) from US was with her maiden name. In Canada the new DL, OHIP card, Credit Cards, banking accounts were with my (her spouse) last name based on Marriage Certificate. The Service Ontario accepted the US letters with her maiden name. Her Canadian DL and car insurance on "my" last name, the Canadian Deed/Title on house on her maiden name. The Canadian Will and Power of Attorney have both last names listed (LastName1/LastName2).

So, there is no issue as long as there is document linking different names - in our case the Marriage Certificate.

rahmab

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
Tanzania
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
App. Filed.......
14-11-2017
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
File Transfer...
14-02-2017
Each situation is different. My wife's (PR) all paperwork ( DL, letters, PR card, passport) from US was with her maiden name. In Canada the new DL, OHIP card, Credit Cards, banking accounts were with my (her spouse) last name based on Marriage Certificate. The Service Ontario accepted the US letters with her maiden name. Her Canadian DL and car insurance on "my" last name, the Canadian Deed/Title on house on her maiden name. The Canadian Will and Power of Attorney have both last names listed (LastName1/LastName2).

So, there is no issue as long as there is document linking different names - in our case the Marriage Certificate.
Thanks for your response! Unfortunately mine is an issue with having 2 middle names and sometimes one is used as my surname so nothing really to link it except for other details (DOB, picture, etc) being the same.

gary51956

Dec 11, 2019
Hi my question is In the USA and moving to Ontario as permanent resident. I have been driving since 1972. Will I need anymore proof of my driving experience.. License says record created in 1972 also says issue date 2014 and expires 2022.Is this enough proof for full G license? Thank you in advance.