+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***Ontario Driving License***

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Sure, I will carry my saudi license and certificate.
Dear, can you tell me about the trend for waiting period after G1 test. I heard people wait for weeks or month for the latest road test date availability. If that is the case, I won't be able to take road test keeping in view my short stay.
Yeah you have to wait for a few weeks... once you get your G1 you can go online and check for dates at various centres.,. Within the city you will see wait time is big but for rural centre it maybe a little quick

Star Member
Nov 30, 2017
Do I need to present the certificate of driving or Saudi DL will be sufficient?

can_uck

Sep 7, 2018
Due to my situation, I am currently staying at my friend's place in another city and I do not know when exactly I will be moving out. I want to do the G2 test as soon as possible as a lot of jobs require the license. My name is not tied to any lease at the moment and my G1 still has my old address on it.

Do I need to change the address on my G1 to the temporary address, then apply for my G2 test? Will I have to wait for the updated G1 to be mailed first? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Due to my situation, I am currently staying at my friend's place in another city and I do not know when exactly I will be moving out. I want to do the G2 test as soon as possible as a lot of jobs require the license. My name is not tied to any lease at the moment and my G1 still has my old address on it.

Do I need to change the address on my G1 to the temporary address, then apply for my G2 test? Will I have to wait for the updated G1 to be mailed first? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
You can ask them to change the address at the counter and you do not need to show any proof of address. I had G1 on my office address and when I passed G I asked them at the counter to change the address to a new location

Mellaalpha

Jul 7, 2017
United States
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
30-07-2018
AOR Received.
30-09-2018
File Transfer...
27-10-2018
Med's Request
02-10-2018
Med's Done....
16-10-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2018
LANDED..........
07-01-2019
Does your time driving with a United States permit count towards this as well or is it just for driving with a full license?

arthurbr

Dec 6, 2017
Toronto
Are we allowed to continue driving with our foreign licence (within the first 60 days of landing) after we obtain the G1 licence?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Are we allowed to continue driving with our foreign licence (within the first 60 days of landing) after we obtain the G1 licence?
I don’t know the official rule tbh...
But on G1 you are not allowed to drive. So I presume if you are within the 60 days of yours landing irrespective of if you G1 or not should be fine as well.
I have driven while in the same situation as mentioned above.

karizma360

Oct 12, 2018
I was in Australia from 2011-2016. I got my Australian license in August 2016. I left Australia in December 2016 and came back to India, and since then i reside in India. I'll be shifting to Canada in about 5 months. So my question is will they consider my Australian license from the day it was issued to me till now or will they only consider the duration i had it with me till i left the country (Australia) which would be only 4 months.

I believe i should be able to go for G1 and then straightaway for G test based on my Australian license because I've had it for more than 2 years now. My Australian license will expire in 2022. Will it be a problem as I am not a PR or a citizen of Australia and that since Dec 2016 i have been living in India?
Any suggestions on this.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
I was in Australia from 2011-2016. I got my Australian license in August 2016. I left Australia in December 2016 and came back to India, and since then i reside in India. I'll be shifting to Canada in about 5 months. So my question is will they consider my Australian license from the day it was issued to me till now or will they only consider the duration i had it with me till i left the country (Australia) which would be only 4 months.

I believe i should be able to go for G1 and then straightaway for G test based on my Australian license because I've had it for more than 2 years now. My Australian license will expire in 2022. Will it be a problem as I am not a PR or a citizen of Australia and that since Dec 2016 i have been living in India?
Any suggestions on this.
I think you can exchange your Aussie DL(as long a it is still valid).. a lot of Indian expats who have US DL moving from US to Canada do exchange their DL

Australia
Documentation requirements (in English or French):

• Current, valid full class driver’s licence with documentation to satisfy all 3 identification requirements.
  • Original abstract from your jurisdiction dated within 6 months to complete the exchange. Some abstracts may be subject to approval before the exchange can take place, and this approval process may not be immediate.
  • Drivers from Australia (including Victoria and Tasmania) must provide an original abstract/letter, dated within the last 6 months, which contains all of the following features: letterhead, logo, emblem, or coat of arms of the issuing government body or licensing authority; date first licensed; name and date of birth; driver’s licence number; licence class(es); licence status; expiry date; and the date the abstract was issued. Photocopies are not acceptable. Electronic driver abstracts (e.g. obtained or transmitted by email, facsimile, or downloaded from licensing jurisdiction website) are acceptable provided they contain the driver’s full name or driver’s licence number, and the following must be contained on either the driver’s licence or the abstract: letterhead, logo, emblem, or coat of arms of the issuing government body or licensing authority; date first licensed; date of birth; licence class(es); licence status; expiry date; and date the abstract was issued. The electronic abstract must be accompanied by either a receipt confirming that the abstract was purchased by the driver, or an email from the licensing jurisdiction demonstrating that the driver requested the abstract. Electronic abstracts must have been issued within the last six months. Photocopies of electronic abstracts are not acceptable.
  • Your current licence must be surrendered.
https://drivetest.ca/licences/licence-exchanges/licence-exchanges-cars-small-trucks-and-vans.html

nav1402

Oct 13, 2017
Hey,
Have anyone on the forum have given the G1 test in Punjabi Language.
My dad wants to give G1 test but don't understand English properly.

TachyonTaj

Dec 14, 2018
Hello,
I am a Canadian Citizen/US Citizen, moving back to Ontario, renouncing US citizenship. I have been driving in state of PA for well over 10 years. However currently I have an ignition interlock limited license. How would I go about exchanging this for my Ontario License? I have proof of insurance and claims letter indicating zero claims. My regular license is currently suspended.

chayon.gb

Mar 6, 2010
I'd like to add some info. Those who are planning to Ontario Driving Licence must write the Ontario g1 test. There are lots of free materials on the g1 test practices. However, I can recommend one here: G1 Practice Tests