Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
Sri19 said:
Thank you TRUONGAN. where do you live there? Hope you are having great time over there. Good Luck!
I am in Calgary

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lovepool4u2001 said:
Thanks for reply.
Would you mind if you can answer below questions.
1>How long did it took to get the job.
2>How much experience you have and in what field.
cchabert got a job fairly quick and I know he is from accouting field.

Sri19

Star Member
Mar 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Last week of Sep 2010
Nomination.....
May 2010
AOR Received.
April 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Request
April 2011
Med's Done....
May 2011
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi All,

Can someone let me know if members of a family can go for visa at different times when we get PPR? we are planning to send our son to india for next 6 months from now. So in case we get PPR with in 6 months can we go for visa first and take him later or do we need to go together?

Kindly reply at your convenience.

Thanks
Sri

Sri19

Star Member
Mar 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Last week of Sep 2010
Nomination.....
May 2010
AOR Received.
April 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Request
April 2011
Med's Done....
May 2011
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
My address is missing again on e-cas today, there is no change in the status.

helloO

Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/01/2009
Nomination.....
20/04/2010
Med's Request
15/02/2011
Med's Done....
31/03/2011
Passport Req..
22/6/2011
VISA ISSUED...
08/07/2011
Hi
I am in Edmonton.I know this is little different post but just wan to know which cell phone plan is good to call US while in Canada.
thanks

DILSE

Apr 21, 2009
Re: PR CARD

Hi All,
I landed in May also, I called 613--NUMBER to inquire about PR card status, they told me I will get letter for instruction and today I got letter from CIC says submit recent pictures to calgary office by mail or in person so we can continue working on your file, I am going to mail pictures today.
I am planning to travel calgary from USA this month and ask for Travel document , rep told me I can ONLY get one time . CIC will not issue it again. is this true ? also
how long will it take to get PR card from here ?
Any one have idea please advice.

what_a_joke said:
Hi All,

We just received our PR cards. I had completed landing on May 22nd and provided my friend's address in Calgary. She received the cards a few days back and mailed it to me and I just received it here in Florida.
Its exactly 3 months to date after we returned from Calgary after completing the landing process. Finally it's all done. The cards are valid till July 2016.

Sandeep

improper_bostonian

Apr 7, 2011

Hi Dilse,
I may be also require to travel to Calgary again though for different reasons.

When I did my landing last month, Immigration officer told me if I leave Canada before I get my PR card, I will require to apply for
reentry visa (something like that) if I want to reenter by air.
Is this same as getting travel documents.

I'm little wary about obtaining travel documents.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5529E.asp

As above link mentions something about 'residency obligation'.
Not sure if that applies to us, Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I also found following FAQ link, which says we can safely reenter by car.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/pr-card/pr-card-faq12.asp[/b]]http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/pr-card/pr-card-faq12.asp

DILSE said:
Hi All,
I landed in May also, I called 613--NUMBER to inquire about PR card status, they told me I will get letter for instruction and today I got letter from CIC says submit recent pictures to calgary office by mail or in person so we can continue working on your file, I am going to mail pictures today.
I am planning to travel calgary from USA this month and ask for Travel document , rep told me I can ONLY get one time . CIC will not issue it again. is this true ? also
how long will it take to get PR card from here ?
Any one have idea please advice.

Sinbad

Star Member
Jun 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 9,2010
LANDED..........
Apr 24,2011

DILSE said:
Hi All,
I landed in May also, I called 613--NUMBER to inquire about PR card status, they told me I will get letter for instruction and today I got letter from CIC says submit recent pictures to calgary office by mail or in person so we can continue working on your file, I am going to m
We landed in April. At the time of landing, we submitted photos according to the old specs. The officer accepted all our photos expect my youngest one's. I had photos according to new specs with me, so gave that. By June end, we received PR cards for Self and eldest child. Photos of my wife's and second child's were rejected. We received the letter to submit the photos to Calgary office either through mail or in person. Took pictures from walmart and went in person to submit. This time, the officer accepted my wife's and not my son's. So went to Walmart again, took another set. This time, it was accepted.

The Calgary office sends the files to Nova Scotia every Friday. It seems that it will take another 6-8 weeks for us to receive the cards. Will let you know when we receive the cards.

In case any of you are interested in going around Calgary by public transport, there is a site which details, which route to take etc. It also gives GPS coordinates, so it is easy to find the location, if you are travelling by car. see this -www.todocanada.ca
Here is a list of attractions - http://www.todocanada.ca/things-to-do-incalgary/

Sinbad

Star Member
Jun 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 9,2010
LANDED..........
Apr 24,2011
helloO said:
Hi
I am in Edmonton.I know this is little different post but just wan to know which cell phone plan is good to call US while in Canada.
thanks
Wind - unlimited US & Canada calling 35 dollars.

guillej10

Feb 5, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2010
Nomination.....
14-05-2010
AOR Received.
16-09-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
March 15 2011 (NY Office)
Med's Request
16-09-2010
Med's Done....
24-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Aug 22 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 24 2011
LANDED..........
Next Week! =)
Guys,

Finally I got my PPR request few weeks back, now I will be doing my landing formalities next weekend I got a question regarding photos do I have to bring photos to the officer to do the landing?? only wondering because when they Consulate requested my pasport they also requested 4 photos. Thanks

sman

Jul 20, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did any one used calgarymailbox service to provide the address for the PR card and for other communication.

naxas

Dec 6, 2009
Hi all,
I think I got my PPR on my email but it seems like just request for "RIGHT OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE FEES". It also asked me to submit my spouse's FBI report again. They asked me to submit both my spouse's FBI report and RPRF within 60 days. A month ago, New York Consulate sent an email stating they got my and my spouse's FBI report. Do I need to send them again? If you guys have any advice on these issues, I would really appreciate it !!!!!

JENNYSEC

Star Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10
File Transfer...
detroit
Med's Request
june 2011
Med's Done....
june 2011
Passport Req..
march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
march 2012
LANDED..........
13 JUNE 2012
any one in this forum finished medical and waiting for PPR pls. share the time line...