Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
helloO said:
Hi
Can somebody help to explain to get vehicle insurance in Canada what kind of letter we need to get from US insurance companies?Do we need to get all the insurance companies used or just for the recent?

Thanks In advance.
Most of the insurance companies in Edmonton ask you for last 5 years of driving record and insurance history...

maverick2305

Mar 16, 2010
IMMIGRATION09 - I tried sending you a PM but got an error as your inbox is full. Let me know when you have cleared some messages so I can respond to your question.

immigration09 said:
Hi all,
I am not active member on this forum but I need help. We had done are medical on 5th august 2010 and my wife had to do x-ray again so that was done on 5th nov 2010. My file was transfereed to NY on 5th jan 2011. Now yesterday I received a letter from new york office saying that my wife needs to do whole medical again as its almost a year. I do not know the reason (they had taken my file in hand on august 2nd 2011 the date on letter).Now my wife cannot do medical as she is pregnant. They have specified if she does not do medical in 60 days our file will automatically get cancelled. Now what should I do talk to the DMP who did our medical or write email to NY office regarding the pregnancy? Please reply....

maverick2305

Mar 16, 2010
Have you received your passport back? I sent mine on 8/2 - express mail and no news yet. My online status still shows, In-process (medicals received).

improper_bostonian said:
Does anyone know how long usually NYC consulate takes to return passport?

swats

Jan 13, 2011
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 22, 2009
Nomination.....
April 15,2010
AOR Received.
August 15, 2010
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Feb 02, 2011
Med's Done....
March 08, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 29, 2011
I have sent my passports to Buffalo office for PR stamp on 31st July. I wanted to know, in how much time can I expect my passports back? I sent my cashiers check along with it.

Is there anay way to expedite it. I really need my passport because I have other travel plans!!

THANKS,

immigration09

Mar 22, 2011
maverick2305 said:
IMMIGRATION09 - I tried sending you a PM but got an error as your inbox is full. Let me know when you have cleared some messages so I can respond to your question.
Hi
I emptied my inbox you can send me message.

improper_bostonian

Apr 7, 2011
maverick2305 said:
Have you received your passport back? I sent mine on 8/2 - express mail and no news yet. My online status still shows, In-process (medicals received).
I haven't got my passport back yet. but today I checked with my bank and it confirmed that my certified check (RPRF fee) got encashed on 8th August. I sent prepaid express mail envelope along but I don't see any activity on tracking number yet.

Did you check with your bank yet?

swats

Jan 13, 2011
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 22, 2009
Nomination.....
April 15,2010
AOR Received.
August 15, 2010
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Feb 02, 2011
Med's Done....
March 08, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 29, 2011
I'll call my bank!Thanks!

maverick2305

Mar 16, 2010
NYC requested my RPRF in a previous correspondence so I had sent it prior to sending my passport. It has already been encashed. Just waiting for them to stamp and return the passport with the PR visa. Hopefully they send the passports back soon.

improper_bostonian said:
I haven't got my passport back yet. but today I checked with my bank and it confirmed that my certified check (RPRF fee) got encashed on 8th August. I sent prepaid express mail envelope along but I don't see any activity on tracking number yet.

Did you check with your bank yet?

JENNYSEC

Star Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10
File Transfer...
detroit
Med's Request
june 2011
Med's Done....
june 2011
Passport Req..
march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
march 2012
LANDED..........
13 JUNE 2012
swats said:
I'll call my bank!Thanks!
HI SWATS pls. let me know how much time it will take to change status medical received after completion of medical...
thanks

improper_bostonian

Apr 7, 2011
maverick2305 said:
NYC requested my RPRF in a previous correspondence so I had sent it prior to sending my passport. It has already been encashed. Just waiting for them to stamp and return the passport with the PR visa. Hopefully they send the passports back soon.
Hi maverick,
today I checked my tracking number again and I do see some activity on it, seems like I'll get my passport back by tomorrow noon.
Given that you sent your passport two days after mine, you should see similar activity within couple of days.

Flames

Feb 16, 2009
Did anyone got photos with new specs from CVS or walgreens like stores.. do we need to get photos with some kind of machine printed date (I m wondering if that's possible) ? or a stamp from photo studio (with any message stating the date photo was taken) will solve the purpose ?

Please advice.

the said:
Virgo,

Take photos conforming to new specs, also print photos with date stamped by photographer on the back, not hand written. Try multiple times since some offiers may not consider your request.

My experience, PR card processed when landed but new photo was not accepted; tried to submit new photos next day but was refused; tried again in the following day and photo got accepted but was informed by the officer that date should be stamped by photographer instead of hand written. Hope it still works.

I saw there is a photo shop right across Harry Hays building, maybe they know everything.

Hope this helps.

the

maverick2305

Mar 16, 2010
Thanks for the update!

improper_bostonian said:
Hi maverick,
today I checked my tracking number again and I do see some activity on it, seems like I'll get my passport back by tomorrow noon.
Given that you sent your passport two days after mine, you should see similar activity within couple of days.

swats

Jan 13, 2011
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 22, 2009
Nomination.....
April 15,2010
AOR Received.
August 15, 2010
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Feb 02, 2011
Med's Done....
March 08, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 29, 2011
Hello Jennysec, My status never changed. Before or after submitting my medicals..Now they ahve asked my passports for PR stamping..
so dont know what to tell