+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

PaToAb

Star Member
Dec 20, 2008
I went through Lewiston-Queenston Bridge. Like I said, there is really not much to say. I only had like 3 to 4 small conversations with officer.
After taking passport and copr, he told me to have a seat. He called me and asked me to write down address to send PR cards. He asked me if I have Goods to follow list. I told him that I want to submit it later. He said fine. I went back to my seat. He called us again and we signed copr documents. He attached a copy to passports and we were all done.

Qureshi said:
PA TO AB,

Please provide details of your trip. Which bridge you used to cross over. I am planning to complete my landing on 24 August through 1000 island Bridge.

Seniors please advice on the following.

I am planning to drive my personal car for landing and I will come back after one week. I do not have my title as this car is financed.
Will it make any problem on crossing the border. Registration and Insurance is under my name.

Waiting for seniors expertise

Thanks,

freeradical17

Star Member
Mar 1, 2009
PaToAb said:
I went through Lewiston-Queenston Bridge. Like I said, there is really not much to say. I only had like 3 to 4 small conversations with officer.
After taking passport and copr, he told me to have a seat. He called me and asked me to write down address to send PR cards. He asked me if I have Goods to follow list. I told him that I want to submit it later. He said fine. I went back to my seat. He called us again and we signed copr documents. He attached a copy to passports and we were all done.
PaToAb,
Where did you apply for SIN & Health card?

AINPGang

Oct 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Detriot
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2009
Nomination.....
23-04-2010
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
27-04-2011
Med's Request
17-01-2011
Med's Done....
18-02-2011
Passport Req..
02-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2011
Jovan,

Could please tell us where the updated specs are on the internet and when did they come into effect. I took my pictures on June 3, 2011 based on the visa ready letter from Detroit. My question is did I already use updated photo specs or should I take new pics before I land.

Thanks for your help.
AINPGang

Jacaranda

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my address link disappeared this morning ....thank God they are looking at my file...or whatever that means....

kapilkumar

Jul 14, 2009
United States of America
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2009
Doc's Request.
27-11-2009
Nomination.....
14-12-2009
AOR Received.
22-07-2010
File Transfer...
14-12-2010
Med's Request
22-07-2010
Med's Done....
18-09-2010
Passport Req..
04-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2011
LANDED..........
24-06-2012
Jacaranda said:
my address link disappeared this morning ....thank God they are looking at my file...or whatever that means....
I know they are looking at you application that is sitting in queue.

Address link disappeared for me too and I believe it happened to most of the people.

pssarag9

May 1, 2010
freeradical17 said:
tonyind,
I am planning to complete the landing formalities at Niagra POE next month. I am not sure if I can apply for SIN or Healthcard there. I have seen people applying from Calgary or Toronto but not from Niagra POE. Where did you apply for SIN and healthcard?
you can apply SIN in toronto at niagara falls there is a canada service center , you can apply in that. but for health card you need proof of residence.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pssarag9 said:
you can apply SIN in toronto at niagara falls there is a canada service center , you can apply in that. but for health card you need proof of residence.
When you apply for SIN, you will get a confirmation notice and that can be used as proof of address for Health Card. If you are providing them an Alberta address then you cannot apply for Ontario Health Cards. Nor can you apply for Alberta Health Cards in Toronto. You have to apply in person in Alberta.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
freeradical17 said:
Thanks AG.

By "Checks", do you mean Bankers check? Does the Canadian banks accept the ordinary check from account in US?

Ordinary checks are fine. They talk long to clear the funds but they work. Even if you carry certified checks from US bankds it takes a while for them to clear and do not gurantee immed deposit.

The only way to deposit funds immediately is by using Travellers Checks or Cash deposit.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AINPGang said:
Jovan,

Could please tell us where the updated specs are on the internet and when did they come into effect. I took my pictures on June 3, 2011 based on the visa ready letter from Detroit. My question is did I already use updated photo specs or should I take new pics before I land.

Thanks for your help.
AINPGang
The new specs are....

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445EB.asp

And yes you can provide them with new pictures at time of landing. The new pictures will be used for the PR Cards.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PaToAb said:
Folks this confirms that one can submit the goods to follow list later at time of permanantly moving. You need to tell the officer that you are landing this time and will be moving later and they will make the comment on your file.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AINPGang said:
Friends,

Do I have to fill in the supplementary identification form IMM 5455? Does this apply for us? Or AM I just good with the regular PR card application IMM 5445. Please help. Lettuce may be you have an idea. We are planning to land on August 20, 2011.

Thanks,
AINPGang
You dont have to fill any of these forms. At time of landing they will be provided to you. If you provide them with new pictures they will ask you to sign in front of the officer.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jovan said:
Hi everyone,

I got my PR cards today. A friend of mine, whose address I submitted at the airport, received it for me and sent it to me.

Thank God I was able to circumvent the issue of the photo specs.

In regards to circumventing the photo specs issue, here is what I did:

Before I left the US, I took new photos based on the updated specs.

The day after I landed in Calgary (some time in April), I went downtown to get my SIN at the Service Canada office located in the Harry Hays building. While there, I told the officer attending to me that I wanted to submit new PR photos based on the updated specs. The officer told me that the process is handled by CIC, which also has an office at the Harry Hays building (Thank God).

So, I went to the CIC office and submitted the updated photos. The lady that took the pictures gave me a form to fill and sign and said the updated pics will be forwarded to division that handled the processing of PR cards.

Now that I have received my PR Card, I see that the updated picture I submitted while in Calgary, is the picture that was used for the card.

The address that had both the Service Canada Office and the CIC Office is:

Harry Hays Building
220 4 Avenue SE,
Calgary, AB T2G 4X3

Note: It pays to be persistent. When I landed at the airport, I told the immigration officer processing me that I wanted to submit new photos that were based on the updated specs. She looked at the photo on my COPR (which was based on the old specs) and said it was fine. But I was not satisfied because I knew CIC had updated the specs and was asking people to come and retake their pics. So, the following day I submitted the pics at CIC as explained above.

I hope the above helps others.

Jovan

Folks you can also provide new Photos for PR cards at time of landing. Just tell the immigration officer at time of landing your COPR has photos as per the old specs and the specs have changed. They will ask you to fill the supplemental form and submit new pictures.

PaToAb

Star Member
Dec 20, 2008
There are several offices across Toronto for applying SIN cards. I used one in North York (Lawrence Square Plaza).
For Alberta health cards, you have to go to Alberta. For Ontario health cards, you need to stay in Ontario for at least 3 months. I didn't apply for health cards.
Everyone in my family have US visa stamped in our passport. So return was easy. I even forgot to take my I797 with me. Thank God visa officer didn't ask for it.

freeradical17 said:
PaToAb,
Where did you apply for SIN & Health card?

freeradical17

Star Member
Mar 1, 2009
PaToAb said:
There are several offices across Toronto for applying SIN cards. I used one in North York (Lawrence Square Plaza).
For Alberta health cards, you have to go to Alberta. For Ontario health cards, you need to stay in Ontario for at least 3 months. I didn't apply for health cards.
Everyone in my family have US visa stamped in our passport. So return was easy. I even forgot to take my I797 with me. Thank God visa officer didn't ask for it.
Thanks for the info.