+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

freeradical17

Star Member
Mar 1, 2009
AlbertaGovernor said:
Printouts should be sufficient. Take checks along to show that you plan to transfer funds thru check deposit.
Thanks AG.

By "Checks", do you mean Bankers check? Does the Canadian banks accept the ordinary check from account in US?

kv_ajay

Star Member
Feb 7, 2009
Just to let everyone know,

We completed landing around 5th May in Calgary. Last week we received Permanent resident cards and received SIN cards back in June. (Mailing address in Edmonton).

helloO

Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/01/2009
Nomination.....
20/04/2010
Med's Request
15/02/2011
Med's Done....
31/03/2011
Passport Req..
22/6/2011
VISA ISSUED...
08/07/2011
Hi all
Got Passports with visa today.They made one mistake in landing paper.My date of birth is incorrect.sent an email to them now waiting for reply.
Anybody had same situation,please help.
Thanks

JSaint

Jul 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi SurenderJeet,

Sent pm. Thanks.

surenderJeet said:
Hi Friends,

Is there any one in IT. Please send me inbox message so that i can refer some jobs.

Thanks,
SurenderJeet

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Friends, Any one tried shipping their car from USA to Canada? I need some help here, if possible can you please share some company names/websites to get some quotes? Also it would be helpful to get a rough idea of how much it cost to those who have shipped their cars already.

Lettuce

PaToAb

Star Member
Dec 20, 2008
I have returned yesterday evening after spending a week at Toronto and completed landing formalities. It was as simple as it can gets. I gave them our passports and COPRs. Officer asked an address for PR cards and thats pretty much it. I requested them to allow me to submit Goods to follow list at later date and he had no problem with it. Nothing else was asked or told. He congratulated us and thats it. No other instruction or anything.
We went to SIN office next day and finished that also...
Good luck to everyon else...

tonyind

Star Member
Sep 26, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/03/2009
Nomination.....
12/10/2009
AOR Received.
07/23/2010
File Transfer...
01/05/2011 (Detroit )
Med's Request
07/23/2010
Med's Done....
07/29/2010 reached 08/5/2010
Passport Req..
06/10/11
VISA ISSUED...
06/24/11
Dear Members,

I did my landing on the 15th July 2011 from Buffalo. It was smooth. Paperwork took almost an hour to complete as I was moving as PR and importing my car too. Just a note for members, if you are importing your car, you have to do it at LEWISTON BRIDGE. I took the peace bridge and the moment I was to enter I thought of parking at duty free shop to check. The officer over there told me that I have taken the wrong bridge, no turning backs. He asked me to continue on the bridge go to Canada, come back from there and export the car. Then I went to the other officer and told my situation. He was good enough to help me and got my car out from there holding the traffic on the other side and told me to rush as export office was open until 400pm and with Saturday Sunday closed, it could have delayed....we rushed took 190 nb and after half hour we were on Lewiston Bridge exporting and importing and becoming PR’s of Canada.

AINPGang

Oct 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Detriot
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2009
Nomination.....
23-04-2010
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
27-04-2011
Med's Request
17-01-2011
Med's Done....
18-02-2011
Passport Req..
02-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2011
Friends,

Do I have to fill in the supplementary identification form IMM 5455? Does this apply for us? Or AM I just good with the regular PR card application IMM 5445. Please help. Lettuce may be you have an idea. We are planning to land on August 20, 2011.

Thanks,
AINPGang

showrisudhir

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-31-2008, 03-25-10(reached CIC)
Doc's Request.
11-20-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-15-2010
Med's Request
07-15-2010
Med's Done....
07-27-2010, Initial Assessment and RPRF on 11/24/10
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
03-24-2011
VISA ISSUED...
04-28-2011
LANDED..........
July 15th 2011
Hi All,

Here is my Landing Experience

Landed in Calgary on 15th(Friday)July at 10:20 pm(My family will do there landing on 20rth July) BY Air.
I was the first one to goto CBSA.
CBSA Agent: why we landed in Calgary.
Me : To do my Landing.
CBSA Agent: Asked for Customs Form.
Me : Gave the Customs Form.
CBSA Agent: Asked for any Goods to Follow
Me : No
CBSA Agent: Scanned the passport and Cancelled the immigrant VISA. Told to go the immigration and welcomed "WELCOME to CANADA".

Went and stood in the line and i was the first one
IO : Please come to counter 3.
Me : Went to counter.
IO : She asked for Passport and COPR documents
ME : Gave Passport and COPR documents
IO : R u the only one doing landing
ME : Yes, My family is going to do there landing on 20rth.
IO : That is good, by the time they come you look for the stay.
ME : Yes, that's was the intension they are doing there landing on 20rth.
IO : For which category you applied for
ME : Consultant
IO : Which Province you applied for
ME : Alberta
IO : Asked to verify COPR and confirm that all details in COPR are correct
ME : Yes every thing is fine
IO : How much amount your bringing
ME : 7,000 US dollars and 800 Cadian dollars
IO : She wrote in the COPR and Asked for Address in Calgary
ME : I don't have address, but i have the office address(i got internal transfer from US)
IO : Communicated with other IO officer whether PR cards can be send to office address. Other IO told NO
IO : Gave a form and told to update address once i get the place to live.
Me : I told i will update it.
IO : Need to stay min of 2 years in canada inorder to maintain status
ME : Yes.
IO : Asked to sign on COPR documents and gave one copy.
ME : Thank you.
IO : Apply for SIN by showing the PASSPORT and Copy of the COPR
ME : Sure i will do that.
IO : Welcome to Canada.
ME : Thank you.
IO : Again to Welcome to canada.

Collected my lugguage and went to Customs officer, he greeted us and asked what goods we were carrying,
and what were goods to follow. I told that what are all the goods iam carrying and no goods to follow. Customs officer told "welcome to Canada"

I was out of the customs around 10:40pm. It took around 30mins.

Took the cab and headed to Hotel(Marriot). On saturday morning i went opend bank account in TD Canda Trust and deposited the
cashier check(7,000 US dollars) and $800 canadian dollars.

In the afternoon i was calling to take appointments to view apartments, but there was no luck( did not pick the call).

Can anyone help me which community is good for familys to stay, as i need to take before my familiy arrives.

Thanks,
SS

Qureshi

Star Member
Nov 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
Doc's Request.
16-05-2010
Nomination.....
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
Feb 02, 2011
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Done....
Feb 15, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 4th , 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 10th, 2011
LANDED..........
Sep 20th 2011
PA TO AB,

Please provide details of your trip. Which bridge you used to cross over. I am planning to complete my landing on 24 August through 1000 island Bridge.

Seniors please advice on the following.

I am planning to drive my personal car for landing and I will come back after one week. I do not have my title as this car is financed.
Will it make any problem on crossing the border. Registration and Insurance is under my name.

Waiting for seniors expertise

Thanks,

PaToAb said:
I have returned yesterday evening after spending a week at Toronto and completed landing formalities. It was as simple as it can gets. I gave them our passports and COPRs. Officer asked an address for PR cards and thats pretty much it. I requested them to allow me to submit Goods to follow list at later date and he had no problem with it. Nothing else was asked or told. He congratulated us and thats it. No other instruction or anything.
We went to SIN office next day and finished that also...
Good luck to everyon else...

Jacaranda

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It has been way over 13 months since I sent my application to CIC, and every time I send them an email , I get that stupid set answer "Your application is in process, we cannot give you a time when it will be complete"

This is so frustrating :'(

I think Im the only one left in the June2010 batch that has not received a PPR. Has anyone tried calling the 1800 number to inquire about their application? Is it any use?

freeradical17

Star Member
Mar 1, 2009
tonyind said:
Dear Members,

I did my landing on the 15th July 2011 from Buffalo. It was smooth. Paperwork took almost an hour to complete as I was moving as PR and importing my car too. Just a note for members, if you are importing your car, you have to do it at LEWISTON BRIDGE. I took the peace bridge and the moment I was to enter I thought of parking at duty free shop to check. The officer over there told me that I have taken the wrong bridge, no turning backs. He asked me to continue on the bridge go to Canada, come back from there and export the car. Then I went to the other officer and told my situation. He was good enough to help me and got my car out from there holding the traffic on the other side and told me to rush as export office was open until 400pm and with Saturday Sunday closed, it could have delayed....we rushed took 190 nb and after half hour we were on Lewiston Bridge exporting and importing and becoming PR's of Canada.

tonyind,
I am planning to complete the landing formalities at Niagra POE next month. I am not sure if I can apply for SIN or Healthcard there. I have seen people applying from Calgary or Toronto but not from Niagra POE. Where did you apply for SIN and healthcard?

guillej10

Feb 5, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2010
Nomination.....
14-05-2010
AOR Received.
16-09-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
March 15 2011 (NY Office)
Med's Request
16-09-2010
Med's Done....
24-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Aug 22 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 24 2011
LANDED..........
Next Week! =)
Jacaranda said:
It has been way over 13 months since I sent my application to CIC, and every time I send them an email , I get that stupid set answer "Your application is in process, we cannot give you a time when it will be complete"

This is so frustrating :'(

I think Im the only one left in the June2010 batch that has not received a PPR. Has anyone tried calling the 1800 number to inquire about their application? Is it any use?
I applied on May 2010 and I am still waiting as well, I got transfered to NY office on March and everytime I send an enquiry same responseyour file is in queue to be review and processed!... BS

Blomberg

Apr 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 - 03- 2009
Doc's Request.
01-11-2009
Nomination.....
08-01-2010
AOR Received.
10-08-2010
File Transfer...
19-01-2011
Med's Request
10-08-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Passport Req..
18-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2011
LANDED..........
23-04-2011
Received all my PR cards today in the USA. My friend in Edmonton had received them last week who forwarded them to us. There was overall delay due to postal strike in Canada. I am relieved but the real work starts now.

Thanks everyone for sharing all the valuable information in the forum that helped me a lot throughout the process.

jovan

Star Member
Aug 4, 2009
Hi everyone,

I got my PR cards today. A friend of mine, whose address I submitted at the airport, received it for me and sent it to me.

Thank God I was able to circumvent the issue of the photo specs.

In regards to circumventing the photo specs issue, here is what I did:

Before I left the US, I took new photos based on the updated specs.

The day after I landed in Calgary (some time in April), I went downtown to get my SIN at the Service Canada office located in the Harry Hays building. While there, I told the officer attending to me that I wanted to submit new PR photos based on the updated specs. The officer told me that the process is handled by CIC, which also has an office at the Harry Hays building (Thank God).

So, I went to the CIC office and submitted the updated photos. The lady that took the pictures gave me a form to fill and sign and said the updated pics will be forwarded to division that handled the processing of PR cards.

Now that I have received my PR Card, I see that the updated picture I submitted while in Calgary, is the picture that was used for the card.

The address that had both the Service Canada Office and the CIC Office is:

Harry Hays Building
220 4 Avenue SE,
Calgary, AB T2G 4X3

Note: It pays to be persistent. When I landed at the airport, I told the immigration officer processing me that I wanted to submit new photos that were based on the updated specs. She looked at the photo on my COPR (which was based on the old specs) and said it was fine. But I was not satisfied because I knew CIC had updated the specs and was asking people to come and retake their pics. So, the following day I submitted the pics at CIC as explained above.

I hope the above helps others.

Jovan