+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PaToAb said:
Recently, I got visitor visa for my mother-in-law from NY consulate. She is on visitor visa in US. I didn't submitted anything like this.
Good for you. I am helping folks here make their case strong. If possible it is good to include the letter of invitation if you are visting family.

kevinctech

Star Member
Aug 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2009
Nomination.....
26-11-2009
AOR Received.
28-07-2010
Med's Request
28-07-2010
Med's Done....
31-07-2010
Thx AG, but unfortunately I don't have anyone in Canada to help me with that letter..

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kevinctech said:
Thank you AG. Is this letter a must, coz I dont have anyone in Canada to help me on this?? - - "Personal Invitation. If visiting friends or family, you must provide letter of invitation with the contact information of the host and visitor, purpose and duration of the visit, confirmation of accommodation including the address, signature and date. You will also need to provide proof of the host's status in Canada ie. copy of their Canada passport's information page, or, if they are not a citizen of Canada, copies of their Canada residence permit and their national passport's information pages."
This applies if you are visting friends of family. Most of the points I have noted are for visitors to Canada, generally it is makes your odds better if you are showing them some kind of proof of support or hotel stay and where you are showing the intent of visit is temporary.

Provide as much documentation that you can to prove that you will not be recourse to public funds and have someone there who can host and support you or that you are self sufficient and well planned with your vist.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kevinctech said:
Thx AG, but unfortunately I don't have anyone in Canada to help me with that letter..
The list that I have provided is not a must to have. It is good to have where applicable. It is not a check list to have with application. I am trying to give some ideas on how to increase the success chance by providing documents "where applicable".

If you dont have friends or family during your vist. Try to get some hotel bookings in advance. You know most of the bookings can be cancelled if called 24 hrs before or in some cases by 4pm on the start day of iteranary. Say you will travel by road that way you dont have to show air tickets.

Some airlines provide you with options to block seats for 48 hours and that gives you the iteranary. Try to get something like that done. It does not need you to pay and issue the ticket. Bottom line is that you provide them with a plan that shows the intent of a temporary visit.

kevinctech

Star Member
Aug 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2009
Nomination.....
26-11-2009
AOR Received.
28-07-2010
Med's Request
28-07-2010
Med's Done....
31-07-2010
I will take your suggestions.. Thanks a lot AG!

freeradical17

Star Member
Mar 1, 2009
AG / PAtoAb,

I live in Virginia. I am planning to complete my landing formalites at Niagra port of entry in the month of August. My parents who are on visitor visa to US will be accompanying me. I thought it will be a good idea to take them to Niagra falls on the Canadian side.

I would appreciate if you can clarify the following :

1. Can I apply for Canadian visa for my parents at DC consulate?

2. Will they get the visa the same day if they go in person?

3. If applied by mail, how long will it take to get back the passports?

kanadatrustee

May 27, 2011
freeradical17 said:
AG / PAtoAb,

I live in Virginia. I am planning to complete my landing formalites at Niagra port of entry in the month of August. My parents who are on visitor visa to US will be accompanying me. I thought it will be a good idea to take them to Niagra falls on the Canadian side.

I would appreciate if you can clarify the following :

Yes you can.
Yes generally they give it within few hours, at least that was the case for my in-laws
Not sure. Never did that

freeradical17

Star Member
Mar 1, 2009
kanadatrustee said:
Yes you can.
Yes generally they give it within few hours, at least that was the case for my in-laws
Not sure. Never did that
Thanks for your reply. Could you please let me know the documents that are required?

kevinctech

Star Member
Aug 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2009
Nomination.....
26-11-2009
AOR Received.
28-07-2010
Med's Request
28-07-2010
Med's Done....
31-07-2010
Somebody pls help:
What should I write for this question on the application for the Visitor Visa?
"Name, address and relationship of any person(s) or institution(s) I will visit"

Coz we will not visit anybody or any institution, we will just visit Niagara Falls and some other places.. Please advise. Thx a lot!

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kevinctech said:
Somebody pls help:
What should I write for this question on the application for the Visitor Visa?
"Name, address and relationship of any person(s) or institution(s) I will visit"

Coz we will not visit anybody or any institution, we will just visit Niagara Falls and some other places.. Please advise. Thx a lot!
N.A - Not Applicable.

helloO

Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/01/2009
Nomination.....
20/04/2010
Med's Request
15/02/2011
Med's Done....
31/03/2011
Passport Req..
22/6/2011
VISA ISSUED...
08/07/2011
Hi Friends
Anybody used AVR at Edmonton airport.Please post your experience.
Thank You

kevinctech

Star Member
Aug 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2009
Nomination.....
26-11-2009
AOR Received.
28-07-2010
Med's Request
28-07-2010
Med's Done....
31-07-2010

Ambitious07

Star Member
Mar 6, 2009
Hi folks,

I applied in March 2009, sent medical in Oct. 2010 and after Jan. 2011 they are asking me again different information (Tax returns, pay stubs, H1, employer letter etc.). These all documents I have sent them many times. They have also transferred my file to NY.

Please let me know if anybody faced the simpler problem.

Thanks

C

cchabert

Hey guys! Can someone of you can share how long it takes to the FBI to send your clearence certificate?? Someone from Southern California??

Thank youi!!

Slash

Apr 7, 2011
Any seniors who are in Canada willing to share the address for PR card? Any references where a address can be obtained by paying for the service? Please help if possible.