+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PaToAb said:
Do they still allow me to give them Alberta address for PR card and get SIN number even if I do not submit goods to follow list. I guess nobody knows in this matter. It is totally up to visa officer.
Yes you can sumbit address and new photos for PR card even if you do not submit the goods to follow list.

It is not upto the visa officer. Immigration and Customs are two differnt formatlities. The immigration officer will process your landing and provide you with the forms to fill for PR card and supplemental for for photo if you are submitting new. All they do is check validity of your PR documents and eligibilty to enter Canada.

Just like any port of entry after you are done with your immigration you proceed to the customs. The Customs department is where you submit the goods to follow list. If you tell them you are just completing your landing formalities and not planning to move permanatly, they will provide you with the option of giving the list later if you choose to.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PaToAb said:
Our photos are fine. I am not going to submit any other photos. Like AlbertaGovernor said, epassportphoto.com is up to date.
If you submitted the photos with old specs at time of PPR for visa stamping you need to submit new ones. The specs have changed. It depends on the specs you had used at time of PPR. The chin to crown should be between 25 and 30 millimeters.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
helloO said:
Hi All
To get Canadian driving license,do we need to have certified copy of driving record or regular copy?Please update on insurance history also.
Thanks
You can take a regular copy. If you have statefarm insurance in US, it makes it easy to get a better rate in Canada as they have Statefarm.ca.

I am not a statefarm agent so please do not send me PM asking me for discount.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
surenderJeet said:
I am in Edmonton. Any candidate who work in IT software computer and looking job?.

I can refer some opening if you want to apply.

Send me a PM inbox message.

Thanks,
SurenderJeet
Can you please be more specific about the type of jobs? IT jobs is a very broad term. Software, Hardware, Testing, Functional etc... and again be specific about the techologies.
Dont worry you will get your referal bonus from the employer.

the

Star Member
Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/LA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AINP_00-03-2009, CIC_08-04-2010
Doc's Request.
na
Nomination.....
29-11-2009
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
IELTS Request
na
File Transfer...
05-01-2011 to LA
Med's Request
24-07-2010
Med's Done....
06-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18 March, 2011
LANDED..........
18 July, 2011
AlbertaGovernor,

Do I need to buy any special insurance if I drive rental car to Canada?

Thanks.

the

AlbertaGovernor said:
You can take a regular copy. If you have statefarm insurance in US, it makes it easy to get a better rate in Canada as they have Statefarm.ca.

I am not a statefarm agent so please do not ask me for discount.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the said:
AlbertaGovernor,

Do I need to buy any special insurance if I drive rental car to Canada?

Thanks.

the
Talk to your Insurance company and ask them to provide you with the Insurance Card that will authorize you to drive in Canada. It comes free of cost from your existing insurance company. Most of the Insurance companies will let you drive a rental car for 15 days without having to take damage or loss waiver on the rental. It would cover the rental with the coverages on your vehicle that is insured with the applicable deductible.

If there are more than one drivers make sure they are all having insurance coverage.

vsthakkar

Dec 7, 2009
Vancouver
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone with similar situation? Any advice?

vsthakkar said:
We just received a letter from CIC buffalo requesting for updated PCCs and updated background information form.

I do not understand this, We sent FBI and PCC dated 29 June 2010 and application was submitted to CIC on 7th July 2010.

They have asked to submit no record document from FBI - India. Does this mean FBI and India or just India?

helloO

Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/01/2009
Nomination.....
20/04/2010
Med's Request
15/02/2011
Med's Done....
31/03/2011
Passport Req..
22/6/2011
VISA ISSUED...
08/07/2011
surenderJeet said:
I am in Edmonton. Any candidate who work in IT software computer and looking job?.

Thanks,
SurenderJeet
Thanks SurenderJeet
Sent you a PM.
Thanks

lee26

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2009
Nomination.....
10-01-2010
AOR Received.
04-11-2010
File Transfer...
30-03-2011
Med's Request
10-11-2010
Med's Done....
20-11-2010
Passport Req..
23-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2011
Hi SurenderJeet,

Sent you a PM.

Thanks
Lee

surenderJeet said:

Thanks,
SurenderJeet

Slash

Apr 7, 2011
surenderJeet said:

Thanks,
SurenderJeet
Hi, sent you a PM.

uniwander

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Hello AG. I have a question regarding the photos required for PPR. There is one requirement:

•be on photographic paper that has a backing which accepts and retains the date. Photos without this backing are not acceptable;

Can I write down the date myself? Thanks.

AlbertaGovernor said:
If you submitted the photos with old specs at time of PPR for visa stamping you need to submit new ones. The specs have changed. It depends on the specs you had used at time of PPR. The chin to crown should be between 25 and 30 millimeters.

enna

Feb 14, 2011
Good morning AlbertaGovernor,

I got my visa stamping april 2011, do you think my picture is ok

thanks,

enna

AlbertaGovernor said:

saravkamaraj

Mar 8, 2010
Hi Albertagovernor, I sent you a PM.Pls advice......

Thanks

AlbertaGovernor said:
Talk to your Insurance company and ask them to provide you with the Insurance Card that will authorize you to drive in Canada. It comes free of cost from your existing insurance company. Most of the Insurance companies will let you drive a rental car for 15 days without having to take damage or loss waiver on the rental. It would cover the rental with the coverages on your vehicle that is insured with the applicable deductible.

If there are more than one drivers make sure they are all having insurance coverage.

tonyind

Star Member
Sep 26, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/03/2009
Nomination.....
12/10/2009
AOR Received.
07/23/2010
File Transfer...
01/05/2011 (Detroit )
Med's Request
07/23/2010
Med's Done....
07/29/2010 reached 08/5/2010
Passport Req..
06/10/11
VISA ISSUED...
06/24/11
naxas said:
hi tonyind,
On my Caips notes, it says medical expiration date is 30th, July 2011
[/quote

Any news....buddy!!

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
enna said:
Good morning AlbertaGovernor,

I got my visa stamping april 2011, do you think my picture is ok

thanks,

enna
I would think you possibly used the old specs for photographs. No harm in taking a set of new picutres and providing it to the immigration officer at time of landing. They will confrim the the specs with the help of the template they use to check the pictures.