Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18 March, 2011
LANDED..........
18 July, 2011
AlbertaGovernor,

Thanks for the info. Where can we find the supplemental form to fill prior to landing, or we have to convince officers to let us fill the supplemental form at time of landing.

the

AlbertaGovernor said:
The PR Card Photo Specs have changed and it will be good if you submit the new photo at time of landing and fill the supplemental form for the new photos. If not you are sure to get a rejection based on photos not meeting specifications and will have to mail them to CIC.

the

Star Member
Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/LA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AINP_00-03-2009, CIC_08-04-2010
Doc's Request.
na
Nomination.....
29-11-2009
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
IELTS Request
na
File Transfer...
05-01-2011 to LA
Med's Request
24-07-2010
Med's Done....
06-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18 March, 2011
LANDED..........
18 July, 2011
enna,

Here is the new photo spec.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445EB.asp

The major change is the head size was reduced to between 25mm and 30mm.

the

enna said:
Good morning Alberta Governor,

What is the specification of the new photo. I used the epassportphoto.com, do you think i have the correct photo?

thanks

PaToAb

Star Member
Dec 20, 2008
Thanks AlbertaGovernor and 'the',
I also used epassportphoto to get my photos. I will look my photos to check head size this evening. Hope those are ok.
I do want to provide them Alberta address and get my PR cards. So, I do not want to mention that I am not moving right now. Otherwise, they will tell me to apply for PR cards in the future. I will prepare goods to follow list.
My question is that do I need to fill out B4 and B4a or just B4a. (I think I need to fill out both. However, I will not mention any item on B4. All items will be on B4a).

Thanks again,

the

Star Member
Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/LA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
na
Nomination.....
29-11-2009
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
IELTS Request
na
File Transfer...
05-01-2011 to LA
Med's Request
24-07-2010
Med's Done....
06-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18 March, 2011
LANDED..........
18 July, 2011
PaToAb,

I was planning to fill B4a only, but maybe you are right, filling both might give them a feeling that we are moving for good now. Put some items on B4, like camera, laptop, cell phone, some clothes, etc that you need them for every traveling. Don't tell them we are staying only for a few days. But I will drive a rental car, so I guess luck is the thing we are begging for.

the

helloO

Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/01/2009
Nomination.....
20/04/2010
Med's Request
15/02/2011
Med's Done....
31/03/2011
Passport Req..
22/6/2011
VISA ISSUED...
08/07/2011
Hi All
To get Canadian driving license,do we need to have certified copy of driving record or regular copy?Please update on insurance history also.
Thanks

PaToAb

Star Member
Dec 20, 2008
I am also taking rental car for now. Even if we take rental car, we still have to put our own car on goods to follow, right?

I have read that we need to take car title with us. I hope they don't cancel US registration over there.

the said:
PaToAb,

I was planning to fill B4a only, but maybe you are right, filling both might give them a feeling that we are moving for good now. Put some items on B4, like camera, laptop, cell phone, some clothes, etc that you need them for every traveling. Don't tell them we are staying only for a few days. But I will drive a rental car, so I guess luck is the thing we are begging for.

the

enna

Feb 14, 2011
Hi the,

where do you get those forms?

to PaToAb,

tell me if you have the right photo...i did the photo last april and that is the photo attached to my COPR

thanks,

enna

the said:
PaToAb,

the

the

Star Member
Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/LA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
na
Nomination.....
29-11-2009
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
IELTS Request
na
File Transfer...
05-01-2011 to LA
Med's Request
24-07-2010
Med's Done....
06-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18 March, 2011
LANDED..........
18 July, 2011
To all who need B4 form,

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landing-in-canada-all-you-need-to-know-t36735.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sample-of-form-b4am-nt-getting-t74528.0.html

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-border.asp

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Goods_To_Follow#What_to_include_in_list

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PaToAb said:
Thanks AlbertaGovernor and 'the',
I also used epassportphoto to get my photos. I will look my photos to check head size this evening. Hope those are ok.
I do want to provide them Alberta address and get my PR cards. So, I do not want to mention that I am not moving right now. Otherwise, they will tell me to apply for PR cards in the future. I will prepare goods to follow list.
My question is that do I need to fill out B4 and B4a or just B4a. (I think I need to fill out both. However, I will not mention any item on B4. All items will be on B4a).

Thanks again,
epassportphoto.com has been updated with the latest specs for PR card. So you should be good.

Just make sure they are as per the specs for your own satisfaction.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the said:
AlbertaGovernor,

Thanks for the info. Where can we find the supplemental form to fill prior to landing, or we have to convince officers to let us fill the supplemental form at time of landing.

the
Supplemental forms are available at with the immigration officer. Just tell them that you want to submit new photos and they will do the needful. They can also confirm the photos you are providing are meeting the PR card specs.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the said:
PaToAb,

the
It is a common practice to complete landing formalties and return to the US. It is not prohibitted. There are people who come to Canada and see the place, rent apt etc etc and go back to their home country and then come back later.

If you tell the officer that you are landing, they can waive the good to follow list and ask you to submit it when you move permanantly.

I would recommend you not file the list unless you are sure of moving. Once you file the list you cannot ammend it. If yuo declare extra and not bring it then it okay. But if you dont add and try to add it later it is not allowed. So be sure of what you are declaring in the goods to follow list.

If you are planning to carry jewellery then make sure you have photo of the jewels at time of submitting the list. If you have a car to import you need the original title on had to add it to goods to follow list.

PaToAb

Star Member
Dec 20, 2008
Our photos are fine. I am not going to submit any other photos. Like AlbertaGovernor said, epassportphoto.com is up to date.

enna said:
Hi the,

where do you get those forms?

to PaToAb,

tell me if you have the right photo...i did the photo last april and that is the photo attached to my COPR

thanks,

enna

PaToAb

Star Member
Dec 20, 2008
Do they still allow me to give them Alberta address for PR card and get SIN number even if I do not submit goods to follow list. I guess nobody knows in this matter. It is totally up to visa officer.

AlbertaGovernor said:
It is a common practice to complete landing formalties and return to the US. It is not prohibitted. There are people who come to Canada and see the place, rent apt etc etc and go back to their home country and then come back later.

If you tell the officer that you are landing, they can waive the good to follow list and ask you to submit it when you move permanantly.

I would recommend you not file the list unless you are sure of moving. Once you file the list you cannot ammend it. If yuo declare extra and not bring it then it okay. But if you dont add and try to add it later it is not allowed. So be sure of what you are declaring in the goods to follow list.

If you are planning to carry jewellery then make sure you have photo of the jewels at time of submitting the list. If you have a car to import you need the original title on had to add it to goods to follow list.

the

Star Member
Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/LA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
na
Nomination.....
29-11-2009
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
IELTS Request
na
File Transfer...
05-01-2011 to LA
Med's Request
24-07-2010
Med's Done....
06-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18 March, 2011
LANDED..........
18 July, 2011
Thanks, AlbertaGovernor.

AlbertaGovernor said:

surenderJeet

Nov 24, 2010
I am in Edmonton. Any candidate who work in IT software computer and looking job?.

I can refer some opening if you want to apply.

Send me a PM inbox message.

Thanks,
SurenderJeet