+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

pvra_prasad

Apr 8, 2011
Hey,

I am also from Virginia close to DC, I also have the same exact same doubts and questions. I am planing to land in Aug or during labour day week end. as far as I know it only takes one working day to complete all the landing formalities.
Please updated me one what you deside.

Prasad.

freeradical17 said:
I would appreciate if anyone can clarify the following :

1. Is it mandatory to land in Alberta ? (I see some are landing in Alberta while others in Toronto etc.)

2. If not, since I am planning to settle permanently only next year, I want to cut travel cost and would like to enter the nearest possible entry point from Virginia. Which is the nearest entry point(by land/air)?

3. I understand from some posts that I can apply for PR when I land first and later on apply for SIN etc when I settle down. Is that allowed?

4. I am planning to land during a weekend. Will I be able to complete the formalities if I land during a weekend?

5. How many days I may need to stay after I land in Canada to complete the formalities?

canmp

Apr 12, 2011
Iam pretty much sure, you won't go back to canada unless your GC is not approved.

Why waste of money man, if you want to go, go for ever.

pvra_prasad said:
Hey,

I am also from Virginia close to DC, I also have the same exact same doubts and questions. I am planing to land in Aug or during labour day week end. as far as I know it only takes one working day to complete all the landing formalities.

Prasad.

qriousjunta

Mar 30, 2010
Fine, since you all have same question as what i had and still have some ,i think i should share what i have now.

*Yes it is advisable to land only in Alberta, i mailed CIC and AINP got reply. They both contradict, CIC says i can land anywhere other than Quebec, but AINP says to land only in Alberta.

*Doing only landing means, take your passport and landing papers and go to Canada, clear immigration and they cancels the visa in your passport and give proof of landing papers. Some POE takes address of your friend some don't , luck favor the lucky.

*The next step is to complete applying for SIN, health card and bank account with your landing paper and return back outside Canada.

*You cannot do apply for SIN etc.. in a weekend, but POE landing yes of course.

*There is no requirement that you must stay for this many days there, it is upto you.

*When you want to move to Canada for good, you need to apply for a travel document in you local Canadian consulate, without this one cannot go back.

pvra_prasad said:
Hey,

Prasad.

venks80

Star Member
Mar 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
12/11/2009
Nomination.....
01/10/2010
Hi

Really wonder , Received passports back with mapple leaf visa in just one week from Detroit.
Thanks to every one in this forum.

Thanks

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
freeradical17 said:
I would appreciate if anyone can clarify the following :

1. Is it mandatory to land in Alberta ? (I see some are landing in Alberta while others in Toronto etc.)
No it is not mandatory. Many VO(including in my case) don't bother about provincial nominee. However it is wise to have Alberta address and if asked you should mention your intention to live in Alberta.

2. If not, since I am planning to settle permanently only next year, I want to cut travel cost and would like to enter the nearest possible entry point from Virginia. Which is the nearest entry point(by land/air)?
Buffalo, Niagra or Detroit

3. I understand from some posts that I can apply for PR when I land first and later on apply for SIN etc when I settle down. Is that allowed?
If you have some friends/relative in AB you can use their adress and apply PR during landing. About SIN, you don't need to have Canada adress. They mailed mine in my US adress.

4. I am planning to land during a weekend. Will I be able to complete the formalities if I land during a weekend?
It depends on the Port of Entry. Many are open 24 hrs/7days while other are not

5. How many days I may need to stay after I land in Canada to complete the formalities?
You can leave right after you finish. So if your landing is smooth and done in 30 mins, you can leave after 30 mins.

kapilkumar

Jul 14, 2009
United States of America
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2009
Doc's Request.
27-11-2009
Nomination.....
14-12-2009
AOR Received.
22-07-2010
File Transfer...
14-12-2010
Med's Request
22-07-2010
Med's Done....
18-09-2010
Passport Req..
04-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2011
LANDED..........
24-06-2012
Anyone got PPR from NYC visa office for file transfers in December 2010?

maverick2305

Mar 16, 2010
I have question regarding medical (DMP selection).

My wife and I and completed our medical in September 2010 through a DMP in New York. Now, we have a baby and have complete his medical exam as well. Can I go to another DMP (in the DC area) and not have to back to NYC for the medical exam? The letter accompanying the medical request states that all family members should complete their medical exam through the same DMP. Would there be any issues if I went to another DMP for my child's medical exam?

Anyone with similar experiences please advise.

Jacaranda

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess you can. we did our medical from a DMP, and after 5 months when it was time to do for the baby, the DMP was no longer on the list, so went and got the baby's done from another place...its fine

maverick2305 said:
I have question regarding medical (DMP selection).

My wife and I and completed our medical in September 2010 through a DMP in New York. Now, we have a baby and have complete his medical exam as well. Can I go to another DMP (in the DC area) and not have to back to NYC for the medical exam? The letter accompanying the medical request states that all family members should complete their medical exam through the same DMP. Would there be any issues if I went to another DMP for my child's medical exam?

Anyone with similar experiences please advise.

Mods777

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
Hi

Recently my wife an I got our PR cards at my friends address in AB. However my daughter had some issues regarding her photo and CIC call center agents are saying she has to come to the local office. I want to know if anybody else has faced a similar situation. As I am in the US and dont want to take an additional trip to Calgary just for PR Cards.

Please advise.

Thanks

canmp

Apr 12, 2011
Told ya,

you guys will never go to canda and waste money time and waste others time. stay where ever you are and enjoy.

canmp.

Mods777 said:
Hi

Recently my wife an I got our PR cards at my friends address in AB. However my daughter had some issues regarding her photo and CIC call center agents are saying she has to come to the local office. I want to know if anybody else has faced a similar situation. As I am in the US and dont want to take an additional trip to Calgary just for PR Cards.

Please advise.

Thanks

tonyind

Star Member
Sep 26, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/03/2009
Nomination.....
12/10/2009
AOR Received.
07/23/2010
File Transfer...
01/05/2011 (Detroit )
Med's Request
07/23/2010
Med's Done....
07/29/2010 reached 08/5/2010
Passport Req..
06/10/11
VISA ISSUED...
06/24/11
kapilkumar said:
Anyone got PPR from NYC visa office for file transfers in December 2010?
OMG!! You file was transferred in Dec 2010, and till today you haven't heard anything !!!!!

enna

Feb 14, 2011
good morning,

can i asked what should be the size of the photo?

thanks,

enna

Mods777 said:
Hi

Please advise.

Thanks

Mods777

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
Please donot come to conclusions at your own. If I didn't have a plan to move why should I worry about PR Card as COPR is enough for me to travel to and fro. Nobody has promised CIC to move the next day when they get their immigration visa.

Please read my pevious posts and you will come to know I have already got a job in Canada but wanted to travel to my home country before moving to Canada for that I need a PR card to come back and i dont want to spend another 1000 USD going to Calgary from NY.

Hope this makes sense

canmp said:
Told ya,

you guys will never go to canda and waste money time and waste others time. stay where ever you are and enjoy.

canmp.

pvra_prasad

Apr 8, 2011
What's your problem CANMP, first of all why are you answering to the posts, if you dont know the answer just keep quite, How you came to conclusion that I am not going to canada, I guess you have notting much better to do. Please dont spoil this forum, this forum is really helping people a lot.

canmp said:
Iam pretty much sure, you won't go back to canada unless your GC is not approved.

Why waste of money man, if you want to go, go for ever.