+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

Avalap

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Enna,

It is purely the discretion of the Visa Officer to let you apply for the PR card at the time of landing OR apply after you move permanently to Canada if you tell him/her that you will be going back to US and moving at a later date.

enna said:
Hi Avalap,
Thank you, thank you again.....i have a question with this one
Applying for PR Cards - As a new immigrant, you automatically get your PR card to the address you provide at the time of landing in approx. 8-10 weeks UNLESS you tell the VO that you are only completing the landing formalities and/or do not have an address and the VO gives you a fax number to send the address when you move permanently.

Why is it that some who landed and told that they are going back to the US where told that they will apply when they come back to Canada?

cooldeepforyou

Star Member
Feb 25, 2009
Hi Avalap,
Thanks man...This helped to clarify things littil bit..although i think it can differ from case to case...
thanks for your help...

Avalap said:
Enna,

It is purely the discretion of the Visa Officer to let you apply for the PR card at the time of landing OR apply after you move permanently to Canada if you tell him/her that you will be going back to US and moving at a later date.

enna

Feb 14, 2011
thank you very much Avalap

can you answer my queries and help me prepare all the things/documents i need to do 'coz i'm planning to land last week of july and i'm using avr to come back here in USA

1.What are the things i need to prepare to show when i arrived in canada?
2. Using AVR what do i need to prepare?

enna

Avalap said:
Enna,

sman

Jul 20, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/pr-card/pr-card-faq05.asp

How will my permanent resident card be delivered to me?

If you are a new permanent resident, you will receive your Permanent Resident Card by mail.

If you are already a permanent resident and are applying for a first card, or if you are replacing a card, you must pick up your card in person to confirm your identity. The Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) office closest to where you live will send you a notice by postal delivery when the card is ready. The notice will tell you how to make an appointment to pick up your card. Your Permanent Resident Card will be cancelled if you do not pick it up within 180 days of receiving the notice from CIC. If your card is cancelled, you will need to apply again and pay another application fee.

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not in April but I landed on mid Feb and got my PR card on mid April. Usually it takes 2-3 months. Just quick update from my side. I have been giving few interviews for last couple of months and I finally got an offer last week. I am moving Canada for good soon. Good luck to every body.

Mods777 said:
Did anybody who landed in April first or second week recieved PR cards by now.

Please advise.

Thanks

freeradical17

Star Member
Mar 1, 2009
Hi All,

Finally got the passports with visa from NY consulate on Saturday the 29th. Many thanks to everyone in this forum. But for this forum and the advice, I would not have reached this stage. Wish you all good luck.

-FR
Virginia

Mods777

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
Thats a gr8 news. Moving to Calgary ?

VAtoCA said:
Not in April but I landed on mid Feb and got my PR card on mid April. Usually it takes 2-3 months. Just quick update from my side. I have been giving few interviews for last couple of months and I finally got an offer last week. I am moving Canada for good soon. Good luck to every body.

canvan

Jul 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattle
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 08
Nomination.....
July
AOR Received.
20-07-2010
File Transfer...
nov 17 2010
Med's Request
20-07-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Finnaly got the PPR from Seattle consulate, it was transfreered in Nov 2010 and they requested new FBI certs which took around 3 months. I had a question thght, is it true that they are not mailing the PR Cards anymore and we have to pick them in person? I am planning to land end of this month and use AVR to come back, worried how i would go back to pick the PR cards if they take away my expired I94.

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
They will not take I94 away and you can never have an expired I94 unless you stay back in US illegally. The latest I94 will be in your latest I797 document in case the one in your passport is "expired". You should always have an I94 in the passport after u enter US - they will replace the old one with the one from your I797 when u return from Canada.

canvan said:
Finnaly got the PPR from Seattle consulate, it was transfreered in Nov 2010 and they requested new FBI certs which took around 3 months. I had a question thght, is it true that they are not mailing the PR Cards anymore and we have to pick them in person? I am planning to land end of this month and use AVR to come back, worried how i would go back to pick the PR cards if they take away my expired I94.

kapilkumar

Jul 14, 2009
United States of America
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2009
Doc's Request.
27-11-2009
Nomination.....
14-12-2009
AOR Received.
22-07-2010
File Transfer...
14-12-2010
Med's Request
22-07-2010
Med's Done....
18-09-2010
Passport Req..
04-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2011
LANDED..........
24-06-2012
Can you Please share your timeline like Application Filed, AOR, Med Req, Med Done, File Transfer, Passport request?

My application is stuck in NY from last 6months and no update yet.

freeradical17 said:
Hi All,

Finally got the passports with visa from NY consulate on Saturday the 29th. Many thanks to everyone in this forum. But for this forum and the advice, I would not have reached this stage. Wish you all good luck.

-FR
Virginia

canvan

Jul 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattle
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 08
Nomination.....
July
AOR Received.
20-07-2010
File Transfer...
nov 17 2010
Med's Request
20-07-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Manny said:
They will not take I94 away and you can never have an expired I94 unless you stay back in US illegally. The latest I94 will be in your latest I797 document in case the one in your passport is "expired". You should always have an I94 in the passport after u enter US - they will replace the old one with the one from your I797 when u return from Canada.
Thanks Manny

So I can always go back using the Travel document and use AVR and show the new I94 when coming back.

Albertahero

Jun 7, 2009
Hi VAtoCA i sent a personal message to you

VAtoCA said:

enna

Feb 14, 2011
Hi Albertahero,

can you answer my queries and help me prepare all the things/documents i need to do 'coz i'm planning to land last week of july and i'm using avr to come back here in USA

thanks,

enna

Albertahero said:
Hi VAtoCA i sent a personal message to you

qriousjunta

Mar 30, 2010
enna said:
Hi Albertahero,

thanks,

enna
I have the same question too. Please answer.