+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

Avalap

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tsrikanth,

1. You can travel to Canada and come back to US on your valid I-94 without any hassles using AVR.
Do a search on AVR in the same thread and you will find all the details.

Regarding your wife, since her H1B transfer is pending, I am afraid it might be a concern to travel overseas with an expired visa and H1 B pending.

The following is the guideline from USCIS: Travel while change of employer H pending

Generally pursuant to USCIS guidance, you may return to the U.S. after travel abroad while a petition to change employers is pending with the CIS if you still have an unexpired H-1b visa in your passport and the receipt for the petition filed by the new employer if you are employed by the enw employer at that time

Hope this helps.

tsrikanth said:
Hi All,

I planning to go to Canada for landing formalities. But here is my situation.
1) My H1-B visa expired, but I have valid I-94 till 2012.
2) My wife H1-B visa expired, have valid I-94 till 2013 and H1-B transfer pending.

So my question is, can we go Canada and finish landing formalities and wants to come back to USa on AVR (Automatic Visa Revalidation) program, is it OK ?

Can anybody give explanation about AVR, as most of members don't know about it.

Mods777

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
Folks,

Who went for landing and came back on AVR. Did you guys get any stamp on your passport especially if you have expired visa and I-94 with I-797

Please advise.

Thanks

enna

Feb 14, 2011
Thank you very much Avalap,

What is the procedure during departure if i'm planning to travel by air?
What will i show them? i'm planning to use AVR

Avalap said:
Tsrikanth,

1. You can travel to Canada and come back to US on your valid I-94 without any hassles using AVR.
Do a search on AVR in the same thread and you will find all the details.

Regarding your wife, since her H1B transfer is pending, I am afraid it might be a concern to travel overseas with an expired visa and H1 B pending.

The following is the guideline from USCIS: Travel while change of employer H pending

Generally pursuant to USCIS guidance, you may return to the U.S. after travel abroad while a petition to change employers is pending with the CIS if you still have an unexpired H-1b visa in your passport and the receipt for the petition filed by the new employer if you are employed by the enw employer at that time

Hope this helps.

Stupid_Cupid

Jan 14, 2010
Hi Folks,
I came last week on AVR thru detroit, no problem at all. just need valid i 797 they will attach the portion of I94 to your passport ... but don't go for stamping that way you can't come on AVR

Mods777 said:
Folks,

Who went for landing and came back on AVR. Did you guys get any stamp on your passport especially if you have expired visa and I-94 with I-797

Please advise.

Thanks

Mods777

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
Hi Stupid_Cupid,
Did they stamp your passport with entry stamp or just attached I-94 portion ?

Stupid_Cupid said:
Hi Folks,
I came last week on AVR thru detroit, no problem at all. just need valid i 797 they will attach the portion of I94 to your passport ... but don't go for stamping that way you can't come on AVR

Stupid_Cupid

Jan 14, 2010
Mods777, they put "Admitted" stamp on the passport. But I don't know why he didn't stamped my wife's passport but attached the I94 from I797 for both of us.

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not an immigration related question but does anyone know if there is any good Canadian cell phone plan to call USA?
Thanks.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
josephdadreamer said:
Hello All & specially Alberta Governor,

What's your take on this could this quota be the cause of visa issuance delays?

http://www.scribd.com/doc/52087881/2011-global-immigration-targets
Though I have not read the entire document, ideally the quotas should impact PN applicants. Not sure if the job offered applicants are treated differently than ones without the job offers.

I will be reading that document in detail this evening and will try to share my interpretation.

bubbly2009

Star Member
Jan 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/03/2010
AOR Received.
26/06/2010
File Transfer...
26/10/2010
Med's Request
26/06/2010
Med's Done....
12/07/2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
1/7/2011
VISA ISSUED...
1/10/2011
LANDED..........
1/14/2011
Currently wind mobile is offering for unlimited calls to USA with and without dataplan. Virgin mobile has calling plan to USA but they charge additional $20. If u need any further info. let me know.

VAtoCA said:
Not an immigration related question but does anyone know if there is any good Canadian cell phone plan to call USA?
Thanks.

showrisudhir

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-31-2008, 03-25-10(reached CIC)
Doc's Request.
11-20-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-15-2010
Med's Request
07-15-2010
Med's Done....
07-27-2010, Initial Assessment and RPRF on 11/24/10
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
03-24-2011
VISA ISSUED...
04-28-2011
LANDED..........
July 15th 2011
Hi All,

Today i went to Buffalo for VISA stamping. It was very simple, i reached HSBC center at 7:10am. At 7:30am went to 30rth floor where submitted passports, photographs, CIC letter. Issued a token and at around 9:10am Lady called me and issued VISA and CPR documents. All praises to GOD.

SS

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bubbly2009 said:
Currently wind mobile is offering for unlimited calls to USA with and without dataplan. Virgin mobile has calling plan to USA but they charge additional $20. If u need any further info. let me know.
Thanks. Also, can I use my US iphone (currently with Att) in Canada/

kanchha

Apr 21, 2010
Hi Alll,
I a ma sorry to ask this simple question. I am sure people have already answered but i didnt see it. I got my PPR yesterday from New your office. I know I have to submit my passport. I have to go to my other country for very important reason in may last week. if I don't get my passport back by may 25th, i cant travel to other country.. If I don't send my passport now to New york
office it will pass the dadeline for 30 days. Please help me what can I do? can anyone tell me how long does it take to get passport back from New York office? Can I go to New York office in person and stamp?
Thank you all for your suggesstion in advance.

albertaorbust

Feb 8, 2009
kanchha said:
Hi Alll,
I a ma sorry to ask this simple question. I am sure people have already answered but i didnt see it. I got my PPR yesterday from New your office. I know I have to submit my passport. I have to go to my other country for very important reason in may last week. if I don't get my passport back by may 25th, i cant travel to other country.. If I don't send my passport now to New york
office it will pass the dadeline for 30 days. Please help me what can I do? can anyone tell me how long does it take to get passport back from New York office? Can I go to New York office in person and stamp?
Thank you all for your suggesstion in advance.

Kancha,
Overnight the PP Today ( you still have 2 hrs for fedex). Attach a note explaining your situation and any document showing your urgent travel date. Also ask if they can make an exception and let you pick it up in person.
Also see below post. it took 2 weeks.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-long-will-it-take-to-recieve-passport-back-from-new-york-office-t68507.0.html