17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
To home country. Yes restamping h1b in home country
Manny said:
bibo,
your questions are confusing - from Canada are you intending to fly to home country or to US? Is your question about stamping H1B in your home country?

canadatryingguy

Star Member
Dec 19, 2009
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
09-11-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1 - 24-11-2016 & AOR 2 - 19-12-2016
File Transfer...
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
29-09-2016
Interview........
Not applicable
Passport Req..
14-05-2017
Landing details -

I finished the landing on April 16th, 2011. I arrived at the Calgary airport around 11:30 PM. I was the only one on the immigration counter. IO asked me for the address. I provided him an address from a different province. He declined to accept it. He said that i have 180 days to provide the address. And i need to contact CIC at 1-888-242-2012 with the address. He also mentioned that i can not apply for the job in any other province other than Alberta. I also can not live in any other province. He saw on my custom form that i will be returning back to US in 2 days. He said that i need to apply for the visa to return to Canada. I asked if i can come by road. He said that i can not and i have to apply for the visa. He asked for funds. I mentioned the $ number. He wrote that $ number on the COPR. He also asked for dependents. Then asked me to sign the COPR at 4 places. Later, he stapled the carbon copy of the COPR (one page only) on the passport.

Afterwards, i was asked to go to custom and declare the goods to carry. I had forms ready i.e. B4E and B4a. The lady did not bother to look at it. She placed a bar code on top of B4E form and gave me back. I had my car listed in the B4E form. She asked me to go to a different location to get some kind of number. The address of the location is 2588 27 Street NE, Calgary, AB T1Y 7G1

The whole process took me around 30 minutes.

legalcitizen

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wow..seems like they are keeping track of the ainp pr's.. what kind of visa you have to apply and do you get your PR cards or not..

I am thinking to land in may so its a better idea to make sure I reach calgary in regular hours.. did you come back to US ? ..may be thats the reason they want us to fill the complete information about our address etc..damn this is even worse than H1b..you cannot live/work in other province..lol

Regards..

canadatryingguy said:
Landing details -

I finished the landing on April 16th, 2011. I arrived at the Calgary airport around 11:30 PM. I was the only one on the immigration counter. IO asked me for the address. I provided him an address from a different province. He declined to accept it. He said that i have 180 days to provide the address. And i need to contact CIC at 1-888-242-2012 with the address. He also mentioned that i can not apply for the job in any other province other than Alberta. I also can not live in any other province. He saw on my custom form that i will be returning back to US in 2 days. He said that i need to apply for the visa to return to Canada. I asked if i can come by road. He said that i can not and i have to apply for the visa. He asked for funds. I mentioned the $ number. He wrote that $ number on the COPR. He also asked for dependents. Then asked me to sign the COPR at 4 places. Later, he stapled the carbon copy of the COPR (one page only) on the passport.

Afterwards, i was asked to go to custom and declare the goods to carry. I had forms ready i.e. B4E and B4a. The lady did not bother to look at it. She placed a bar code on top of B4E form and gave me back. I had my car listed in the B4E form. She asked me to go to a different location to get some kind of number. The address of the location is 2588 27 Street NE, Calgary, AB T1Y 7G1

kv_ajay

Star Member
Feb 7, 2009
Thanks for posting your experience. I am planning to land at the same time in Calgary (11.30 PM). I will have Edmonton address for mailing. I think the part where you have to apply for Visa to come back to Canada is wrong. According to the document we have received with COPR, we have to either wait for PR card to arrive in Canada before leaving Canada or apply for travel document (PR abroad). I was going to ask if someone on the forum has applied for the travel document.

Another question, did you have a current US visa stamped on your passport ? I am planning to use expired stamp along with valid 797. I was wondering how was your experience about that on Denver or SFO airport.

Sincerely,

canadatryingguy said:
Landing details -

kv_ajay

Star Member
Feb 7, 2009
Guys,

I got my visa stamped from Buffalo in less than 10 days. I mailed them passport on 5th April, and got return envelope on 15th April. It was overnight shipping both ways.

My visa expires on 18th July which date of my medicals.

Sincerely,

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
Your US immigration will be done in Calgary and not in US port of entry. Have all papers ready as for H1B stamping. Print out the AVR telegram and memo.

More important, ensure you have the I94 from the new 797 with you when you return from Calgary - so do not surrender any I94 while flying out of US.

kv_ajay said:
Thanks for posting your experience. I am planning to land at the same time in Calgary (11.30 PM). I will have Edmonton address for mailing. I think the part where you have to apply for Visa to come back to Canada is wrong. According to the document we have received with COPR, we have to either wait for PR card to arrive in Canada before leaving Canada or apply for travel document (PR abroad). I was going to ask if someone on the forum has applied for the travel document.

Another question, did you have a current US visa stamped on your passport ? I am planning to use expired stamp along with valid 797. I was wondering how was your experience about that on Denver or SFO airport.

Sincerely,

KW71

Oct 16, 2010
canadatryingguy said:
Landing details -

Sorry guys, I have to blunt here. This is the dumbest landing experience. It is well known that you land with Alberta Address. You do not have Alberta Address and you are returning after 2 days, and the immigration officer saw that. It doesn't take rocket science to figure it out that you do not intend to stay in Alberta. They are not going to mail you PR since they do not have address. Most likely he put a note in database. Off course you cannot travel by Air. You have to figure it out if you can travel by land. If not, you are in hot water. Good luck

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
enna said:
Thank you very much Alberta Governor...

i have another question..

I came here in the US as a tourist which is B2 visa and this is the one that is stamped on my passport.
I found a job so i change status to H1b visa which is not stamped on my passport. I have the I-797.
can i used AVR? because i saw on the forum that F and J visa can only used it.

Is there a possibility that the staff will asked for the I-94 at the time of departure? What will i do just in case?

you are a great help to me... i got my ppr last april 12, 2011....

If you have a I-797 with a valid I-94 date then you are good to enter the US. Keep your I-797 safe and dont show them that at time of departure. If the airline insist on it, argue for it and talk to senior officer. If needed show them the telegram and tell them you need to retain it for reentry.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bibo said:
To home country. Yes restamping h1b in home country
When you land in Toronto they will ask you to sign your COPR and complete your landing formalities. When you leave Canada there are no questions asked at immigration as you have your home country passport.

You have mentioned that you will be going to Ottawa and I thought you will be getting your H1B stamp in Ottawa and then proceed to your home country. Either ways stamping in Ottawa or home country should not matter.

Your plan looks good and nothing to worry. Just couple of suggestion, provide them with an Alberta for the PR cards at time of Landing. Also apply for SIN number while in Canada and provide them with Alberta address for the SIN Cards.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kv_ajay said:

Sincerely,
Application for a Travel Document is a common process for returning residents without a PR card. It is a simple process and the Travel Document can be obtained in 5-7 working days form the Canadian Consulates.

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
Hi All...

Just want to post this piece of information for those who are trying to reenter after landing.

Please note that you will require your Permanent Resident Card to re-enter Canada by commercial
carrier (such as by bus or plane). You may enter Canada by land in your own personal vehicle without your Permanent
Resident Card. If you require entry into Canada by commercial carrier without your Permanent Resident Card, you
may apply for a Travel Document.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp

Thanks.

King80

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
20/07/2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NY Jan 05, 2011
Med's Request
20/07/2010
Med's Done....
12/08/2010 (reached Ottawa Sep 8th ,2010)
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
March 07 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2011
LANDED..........
waiting
ag_tou said:
Good News Guys

I got the PPR from Buffalo.....getting stamped next week sometime....In person.

Thanks for this wonderful forum. I will update everyone after stamping....as there will be no landing experience from my side....I am already in Calgary :)

:D ;D :) ;)
Congrats.........

ag_tou

Star Member
Jun 3, 2009
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2009
Doc's Request.
20-02-2010 (AINP Doc Request)
Nomination.....
08-05-2010
AOR Received.
9 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Never Transferred
Med's Request
9 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
Sometime in the last week of December
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
April 2011 - Last week
LANDED..........
6th May 2011
Here is something related to this topic

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/pr-card/pr-card-faq12.asp

chigirl said:
Hi All...

Just want to post this piece of information for those who are trying to reenter after landing.

Please note that you will require your Permanent Resident Card to re-enter Canada by commercial
carrier (such as by bus or plane). You may enter Canada by land in your own personal vehicle without your Permanent
Resident Card. If you require entry into Canada by commercial carrier without your Permanent Resident Card, you
may apply for a Travel Document.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp

Thanks.

lightsinthemist

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-15-2009
Doc's Request.
11-28-2009
Nomination.....
12-07-2009 CIC app 05-15-2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-16-2011
Bibo

if you are planning to get it done in the home country that is fine as well(given the risk if they do give you a security check slip or the namecheck/PIMS is taking a long time and you are forced to stay back ) .You can keep the Ottawa consulate in mind as well.

Anywaz the H1 is an dual intent visa and you should not have any problems. However in the paperwork there will be an question with regards to us green card application. That might pose problems because you are not allowed to puruse both at the same time. Technically people can surrender any one of the PR's after making their decision.

If have not even intiated the US green card process no issues at all.If you do have an US green card process stuck in the loop be prepared to keep your story straight. Let them know you plan to move to Canada permanently and at that time will be abandoning both the H1B and US green card. Untill then you need your extension for your work visa.

Please note however if you are going for an post 6th yr extension H1b stamping based on a Labour application for gc that is pending ,it will cause a huge question mark on everything.Because your 7th yr H1 extension is based on the US Green card and having the Canadian PR throws that into question...

bibo said:
I am mostly concerned about h1 restamping, will the canadian PR on my passport affect that in anyway?
can i restamp the h1b visa eventhough i have canadian PR?
will that raise any concerns or risk? will they question why i have that at the american consulate?
thanks a lot for your response