+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

Avalap

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Congrats Mods777,
Happy for you...Good Luck in your future endeavors.. :) and do post your visa stamping and landing experiences.

Mods777 said:
All,
Good news for me, this morning I received the PPR. Glad to see that and hope everyone gets it.
I have a few questions about stamping:
- Did anyone goto Buffalo and had it stamped in person, how was the experience
- Any recent Landing done through Niagra for AINP or people are doing it only via Alberta. Any thoughts?
Please advise
Thanks

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
surenderJeet said:
Hi cchabert , AG,

Any idea which store are equivalent in Calgary like below here we have.

For every thing: Walmart, Target, Kmart, safeway
In Calgary:?

For cloth: Sears, Macy

For Food: Giant Food.

For whole sale: Costco

For pharmacy: CVS, Wallsgreen.
One suggestion I would give to all those moving to Alberta is to do their apparel shopping in USA. Canada is more expensive relatively compared to the US. USA has better deals in apparels and accessories and more sales compared to Canada. Now towards the end of winter you can get great deals on winter clothes. Remember winters in Canada are longer and more severe than the US. So you can plan accordingly. You need to have clothes and outerwear for harsh day and light days. One fits all concept does not work here. If you need more information feel free to ask on forum or PM me.

Grey Goose

Jul 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mods777 said:
Yeah true as Alberta nominated us we should experience the feeling.

I am panning to next week too probably Tuesday will see when do I need to do the landing. They gave me a deadline of April to submit passport.

I am based on NJ so I would probably drive how about you ?

Regards
Hello Mods777.

Congratulations on your PPR. Am just trying to guess when will I receive the PPR, so asking you this. Most of the applicants sent in March got their AOR in July. Going by that you should have got your AOR in June. Was your application returned or were there any additional documents of fees asked on your submission. I am just trying to understand how CIC works.

Mods777

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
I got my AOR in June but was delayed due to family addition and also did my medicals late July thats the reason I guess.

Grey Goose said:
Hello Mods777.

Congratulations on your PPR. Am just trying to guess when will I receive the PPR, so asking you this. Most of the applicants sent in March got their AOR in July. Going by that you should have got your AOR in June. Was your application returned or were there any additional documents of fees asked on your submission. I am just trying to understand how CIC works.

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
legalcitizen said:
below is my status :

legalcitizen : Transfer 'Dec 14, 2010'. RPRF 'not Paid' Status: IN PROCESS (with meds received)

still no sign of PPR from NY..
Hi All NY guys,

Next month on March 2nd, I will be completing my 11 months of processing time and also 90 days of time after file transfer. According to the processing time, it takes 11 months to process the file.

Till now there is no communication on my file and I am not sure how long its gonna take for me to get the ppr. I am tooooooooooooooooooooooooooo tired now of waiting. I hope this wait ends soooooooooooooooon.

Good luck to you all.

Mods777

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
Senior Members - Those who got their visa stamped. I am still confused and trying to find out if I should go for stamping in person or should send via mail.

Can anyone please throw some light the pros and cons between the two.

Thanks

legalcitizen

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear_pnp said:
Hi All NY guys,

Next month on March 2nd, I will be completing my 11 months of processing time and also 90 days of time after file transfer. According to the processing time, it takes 11 months to process the file.

Till now there is no communication on my file and I am not sure how long its gonna take for me to get the ppr. I am tooooooooooooooooooooooooooo tired now of waiting. I hope this wait ends soooooooooooooooon.

Good luck to you all.
this is complete bs..all other vo are sending pprs etc with a month , we are still waiting.. sad thing is , i have wonderful opportunity to work from home for 2 months, because my file is in NY, i am not going to my home country to spend time with my family.. i am thinking about leaving the process altoghter.. and we have no option to go in person for stamping ..so i am realy frustrated..

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mods777 said:
Senior Members - Those who got their visa stamped. I am still confused and trying to find out if I should go for stamping in person or should send via mail.

Can anyone please throw some light the pros and cons between the two.

Thanks
It all depends on your situation. Since my PRP came from Detroit I didn't had a choice of going in person. Had my PRP came from Buffalo I would have gone in person for stamping and drive another 45 to Niagara and completed my landing at the same time as well. If you live far from Buffalo or are planning to do landing via AB than it is wise to simply mail them the passport. FYI, I mailed my Passport on Jan 25 and got it back on Feb 12 but I have read some post where they are holding passport for almost a month.

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
legalcitizen said:
this is complete bs..all other vo are sending pprs etc with a month , we are still waiting.. sad thing is , i have wonderful opportunity to work from home for 2 months, because my file is in NY, i am not going to my home country to spend time with my family.. i am thinking about leaving the process altoghter.. and we have no option to go in person for stamping ..so i am realy frustrated..
Yeah other vo are sending pprs within 3 to 4 weeks. Do you think this wait at the NY is because of back ground check? I think when file is transferred, it is transferred only after background check is done. I dont know why its taking so long time to check any missing documents and send pprs.

So true man even I have so many opportunities that I have to let go because of this wait. Seriously it seems that the life has frozen. And ya we have no option of in person stamping, so that leaves us with one more month of processing time.

Good luck

bubbly2009

Star Member
Jan 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/03/2010
AOR Received.
26/06/2010
File Transfer...
26/10/2010
Med's Request
26/06/2010
Med's Done....
12/07/2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
1/7/2011
VISA ISSUED...
1/10/2011
LANDED..........
1/14/2011
My Landing Experience

Thanks for the support and suggestion which helped us thru the journey.
I received job offer from employer an in edmonton and contacted AINP issue Support letter and send the same to Detroit since my file was transferred. On 7th January, received PPR thru email and went to Detroit on 9th January to get PR stamp. The Process was simple Went to Consulate at 8.30 and submitted the copy of PP, Letter and asked to wait and was asked to collect the COPR and PP by 11 AM. It was so quick I collected my papers by 11 AM and then started the journey and landed on 14th January as PR.
Car Importing
I faxed a copy of my Car title and additional title to Whitlash office 3 days before the landing to process the same and receive clearance. Next day checked with the Whitlash office whether they have recd the papers as a confirmation and again on the day of crossing the border I checked with the sweetgrass office to get confirmation. On the US side of Office, went there and got clearance stamp and proceeded further for Landing. On the canada side, they needed the Car manufacturing date to enter into the form and asked to pay the fees to RIV online within 45 days from the date of import.
The officer greeted us and asked for the COPR and PP and asked us few questions like address, phone number to contact. and asked to sign the papers and welcomed to canada. then went to another counter to get the goods accompanying and goods to follow list clearance and we were out in 30 minutes. No Proof of funds was asked.
If you have any questions let me know so that i can help others.

immigration.help

Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-01-2009, CIC: 05-03-2010
Doc's Request.
17-11-2009
Nomination.....
2-12-2009
AOR Received.
6-7-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
6-7-2010
Med's Done....
8-7-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-12-2010, mailed 1-3-2011
Finally received my passport back from the LA consulate. Nothing about his process has been fast as originally promised. In total it took about 2 years and 3 months. In the end it took 7 weeks to just get my passport back.

In spite of all these frustrations, it is still a much shorter wait than it would be for US. Good luck to all fellow applicants and thanks to everyone who helped out during the process.

Will keep you guys updated with landing, which I plan to do in June.

Peace..

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: My Landing Experience

bubbly2009 said:
I received job offer from employer an in edmonton and contacted AINP issue Support letter and send the same to Detroit since my file was transferred. On 7th January, received PPR thru email and went to Detroit on 9th January to get PR stamp. The Process was simple Went to Consulate at 8.30 and submitted the copy of PP, Letter and asked to wait and was asked to collect the COPR and PP by 11 AM. It was so quick I collected my papers by 11 AM and then started the journey and landed on 14th January as PR.
Car Importing
I faxed a copy of my Car title and additional title to Whitlash office 3 days before the landing to process the same and receive clearance. Next day checked with the Whitlash office whether they have recd the papers as a confirmation and again on the day of crossing the border I checked with the sweetgrass office to get confirmation. On the US side of Office, went there and got clearance stamp and proceeded further for Landing. On the canada side, they needed the Car manufacturing date to enter into the form and asked to pay the fees to RIV online within 45 days from the date of import.
The officer greeted us and asked for the COPR and PP and asked us few questions like address, phone number to contact. and asked to sign the papers and welcomed to canada. then went to another counter to get the goods accompanying and goods to follow list clearance and we were out in 30 minutes. No Proof of funds was asked.
Congrats on landing a job and moving to Canada. May I ask what is your field or background?

King80

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
20/07/2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NY Jan 05, 2011
Med's Request
20/07/2010
Med's Done....
12/08/2010 (reached Ottawa Sep 8th ,2010)
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
March 07 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2011
LANDED..........
waiting

bubbly2009 said:
Car Importing
Congratulations!!!!

About getting the job, did you look for job while being in U.S. Any tips/advice on that. Many people adviced that its little hard or not possible to get job while in US

Any help will be highly appreciated

Congrats again

King80

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
20/07/2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NY Jan 05, 2011
Med's Request
20/07/2010
Med's Done....
12/08/2010 (reached Ottawa Sep 8th ,2010)
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
March 07 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2011
LANDED..........
waiting

bubbly2009 said:
Car Importing
I faxed a copy of my Car title and additional title to Whitlash office 3 days before the landing to process the same and receive clearance. Next day checked with the Whitlash office whether they have recd the papers as a confirmation and again on the day of crossing the border I checked with the sweetgrass office to get confirmation.

Did you do this part in the US Side ?