+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

Surprised

Star Member
Aug 1, 2009
boston said:
Hi All,

I would like to share my Calgary Landing Experience.

I had booked deal with Priceline from Boston to Calgary from 13th Feb to 16th Feb with Hotel. I paid 733 dollars including everything (Flight + Hotel in Downtown). My flight was via Chicago. BOS-ORD-YYD.

I stayed in Downtown hotel called 5 Calgary Downtown hotel. Nice hotel for PR landing, because everything is around (SIN and Health Card) Bank is little far but it's really easy to get used to with downtown. I really enjoyed there. I mean really... In just a day I'm like familiar with enough to find out any address.

I started my journey on 13th Feb 2011. I had flight from Boston at 6.55 AM with Chicago connection. I reached Calgary at around 1.00 PM local time. As soon as I got off the flight it was a quite a long walk to reach to the Port of entry. In flight, flight attended had given me a custom forms I already had that filled out. at Port of entry lady welcomed me and asked how long you are going to stay I told her that I'm immigrating and I would be staying for 3-4 days as I have interview scheduled with perspective employer. Then she asked me to follow red line towards immigration office. As soon as I entered officer called me and asked me from where you coming and how long it took to get immigration visa stamped. Then he asked for Canadian address. He warned me that there are cases where people apply for the green card and PR both at the same time. So He just wanted to make sure that I'm not misusing it. I told him that I won't because I waited for 2 years. This was finished in all about 25 minute, and then I went to baggage claim collected my bag from united counter because it was already +1 hour. After collecting bag I went to custom where I told lady that I'm immigrating she told me to follow again a red line to go to Immigration customs their they gave me a form to declare all my belongings. I filled out and signed it and headed toward exit. On Arrival side there is office for the Airport shuttle they charge $15 each way to drop you almost anywhere in town. They run every 30 mins. I boarded in shuttle and finally arrived at hotel around 3.30 PM. it was Sunday so I couldn't do anything. I have to wait until next day. On Monday first I went to SIN and then for the Health Card. these two locations are around hotel just 10 to 15 min walking distance. Hotel staff helped me finding office and they gave me map and directions to both these locations. On second day I went for the Bank (http://www.pcfinancial.ca/) this is zero dollar charge account. Bank location was far from hotel so I had to take a train to get there. But it was convenient and easy to find.

On 16th Feb I had flight in morning 7.45 AM. Hotel Scheduled pickup for me for 4.20 AM. I reach to airport at around 4.45 AM from the Airline counter I got the Boarding pass and they tagged my Luggage bag and gave me two forms. 1) Custom 2) (Port of entry)I-94. I passed custom and headed to immigration. There I gave my Form, Passport (With Expired visa) and new I-797.Officer told me that I have expired visa I told him I have valid approval from I-797. he was not sure how this works so he called another officer and another officer told him that if he didn't left the continent and he was in Canada for 2 days then automatic re validation should works(according to AVR rule on got website you can enter within 30 days not 2 days).Officer started validating my visa and somehow he was seeing some issue with it so he took me to the secondary validation office there another officer verified everything and asked me who is your employer and when you are going to get your visa stamped, I said next month. He created new I-94 for me one thing I notice is that he did not make stamp on any page of my passport but he stamped on I-94(usually they do it on both).and finally went towards boarding gate.

Calgary SIN office Address
Harry Hays Building, Suite 270
220 4th Avenue Southeast
Calgary, Alberta
http://www.serviceCanada.gc.ca/cgi-bin/hr-display.cgi?rc=4802&ln=eng

Health Card office
246 250 - 6 Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2P 3H7, Canada
(403) 299-2373
http://www.health.alberta.ca

Find nearest location from http://www.pcfinancial.ca/

ALL THE BEST TO ALL !!!
Thanks for sharing your experience.

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
JENNYSEC said:
Hi Chigirl thanks for answer but how to check my e case while I dont have file number pls. let me knoe..
Sorry....should have mentioned before. Check with your bank to see if your check has been cashed; and if they have a copy of the check. It will have your File Number (Bxx-xxx-xxx) written on it.
Follow cases similar to your timeline on spreadsheet maintained by Jasper - it will give you some indication of when your check can be expected to be cashed.

In btwn, please make sure to include your timeline alongside your name, or on Jasper's spreadsheet - it will help other members in answering your queries.

AbuMalik

Star Member
Dec 11, 2008
Really appreciate it AG, you really rock man!! its a huge relief for me now .. Uff...

AlbertaGovernor said:
Hey stranger, glad to see you back on the forum.

The COPR dates have got nothing to do with your Permanant Residency Validity. When you land, the officer will sign the COPR papers and you will have to provide a address in Canada. Once you are in Canada you can apply for PR card, the PR card will be valid from 5 years from the date of issue. Say you land in Canada on 10 March 2011, then you apply for your PR card in April 2011. Say it gets issued on May 20th 2011, and you receive it sometime in June 2011, the expiry date on the PR Card will be 19th May 2016.

You are already a landed immigrant and all you have to do is meet your residency obligation and you are good. Don't worry about the COPR dates. Just be sure to complete your landing before the Immigrant Visa expires and that will be a year from the day you did your medicals.

DKSCHOWDARY

Star Member
Jan 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2009
Doc's Request.
05-05-2009
Nomination.....
16-01-2010
AOR Received.
01-08-2010
File Transfer...
24-01-2011
Med's Request
01-08-2010
Med's Done....
17-08-2010
Thanks Boston.... it definitely will help us... What did u do for the PR Mailing Address part... Do u know someone or ???

boston said:
Hi All,

I had booked deal with Priceline from Boston to Calgary from 13th Feb to 16th Feb with Hotel. I paid 733 dollars including everything (Flight + Hotel in Downtown). My flight was via Chicago. BOS-ORD-YYD.

I stayed in Downtown hotel called 5 Calgary Downtown hotel. Nice hotel for PR landing, because everything is around (SIN and Health Card) Bank is little far but it's really easy to get used to with downtown. I really enjoyed there. I mean really... In just a day I'm like familiar with enough to find out any address.

I started my journey on 13th Feb 2011. I had flight from Boston at 6.55 AM with Chicago connection. I reached Calgary at around 1.00 PM local time. As soon as I got off the flight it was a quite a long walk to reach to the Port of entry. In flight, flight attended had given me a custom forms I already had that filled out. at Port of entry lady welcomed me and asked how long you are going to stay I told her that I'm immigrating and I would be staying for 3-4 days as I have interview scheduled with perspective employer. Then she asked me to follow red line towards immigration office. As soon as I entered officer called me and asked me from where you coming and how long it took to get immigration visa stamped. Then he asked for Canadian address. He warned me that there are cases where people apply for the green card and PR both at the same time. So He just wanted to make sure that I'm not misusing it. I told him that I won't because I waited for 2 years. This was finished in all about 25 minute, and then I went to baggage claim collected my bag from united counter because it was already +1 hour. After collecting bag I went to custom where I told lady that I'm immigrating she told me to follow again a red line to go to Immigration customs their they gave me a form to declare all my belongings. I filled out and signed it and headed toward exit. On Arrival side there is office for the Airport shuttle they charge $15 each way to drop you almost anywhere in town. They run every 30 mins. I boarded in shuttle and finally arrived at hotel around 3.30 PM. it was Sunday so I couldn't do anything. I have to wait until next day. On Monday first I went to SIN and then for the Health Card. these two locations are around hotel just 10 to 15 min walking distance. Hotel staff helped me finding office and they gave me map and directions to both these locations. On second day I went for the Bank (http://www.pcfinancial.ca/) this is zero dollar charge account. Bank location was far from hotel so I had to take a train to get there. But it was convenient and easy to find.

On 16th Feb I had flight in morning 7.45 AM. Hotel Scheduled pickup for me for 4.20 AM. I reach to airport at around 4.45 AM from the Airline counter I got the Boarding pass and they tagged my Luggage bag and gave me two forms. 1) Custom 2) (Port of entry)I-94. I passed custom and headed to immigration. There I gave my Form, Passport (With Expired visa) and new I-797.Officer told me that I have expired visa I told him I have valid approval from I-797. he was not sure how this works so he called another officer and another officer told him that if he didn't left the continent and he was in Canada for 2 days then automatic re validation should works(according to AVR rule on got website you can enter within 30 days not 2 days).Officer started validating my visa and somehow he was seeing some issue with it so he took me to the secondary validation office there another officer verified everything and asked me who is your employer and when you are going to get your visa stamped, I said next month. He created new I-94 for me one thing I notice is that he did not make stamp on any page of my passport but he stamped on I-94(usually they do it on both).and finally went towards boarding gate.

220 4th Avenue Southeast
Calgary, Alberta

Health Card office
246 250 - 6 Avenue SW
(403) 299-2373

ALL THE BEST TO ALL !!!

surenderJeet

Nov 24, 2010
Thanks for info.

How much was the charge in hotel $$$?

What is the address?. I found below address on internet. Is this correct?

5 Calgary Downtown Suites
618 5th Avenue SW
Calgary, Alberta
T2P 0M7
Local Phone: 1-403-451-5551
Toll Free Reservations: 1-877-890-7666

boston said:
Hi All,

220 4th Avenue Southeast
Calgary, Alberta

Health Card office
246 250 - 6 Avenue SW
(403) 299-2373

ALL THE BEST TO ALL !!!

NewHome_Alberta

Star Member
Jun 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
boston said:
Hi All,

220 4th Avenue Southeast
Calgary, Alberta

Health Card office
246 250 - 6 Avenue SW
(403) 299-2373

ALL THE BEST TO ALL !!!
I am also planning to land soon. Did you rent or used any friends address for PR Card?

jag123

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2009
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
03-07-2010
IELTS Request
NO
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Request
03-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
12/17/2010
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
I am thinking to do landing formalities with my own car or rented car .will it be any problem ? Do we need to show proof of fund?

surenderJeet

Nov 24, 2010
Do you know the address of bank?. I try to find on website but not.

boston said:
Hi All,

220 4th Avenue Southeast
Calgary, Alberta

Health Card office
246 250 - 6 Avenue SW
(403) 299-2373

ALL THE BEST TO ALL !!!

kevinctech

Star Member
Aug 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2009
Nomination.....
26-11-2009
AOR Received.
28-07-2010
Med's Request
28-07-2010
Med's Done....
31-07-2010
boston said:
Hi All,

I had booked deal with ..................................................................

ALL THE BEST TO ALL !!!
Great info Boston!! Thank you very much, this really helps!

kevin

Surprised

Star Member
Aug 1, 2009
boston said:
Hi All,

220 4th Avenue Southeast
Calgary, Alberta

Health Card office
246 250 - 6 Avenue SW
(403) 299-2373

ALL THE BEST TO ALL !!!
Can you please tell me which airline you used. I am interested to know which airlines have direct flights from Chicago to Calgary.

monteiromarcosb

Star Member
Feb 12, 2009
VAtoCA said:
Hi, question about landing again.
Can I drive my own car to Canada and come back to US? I am planning to take it with me in couple of monts and want to put in goods to follow list.

Thanks.
yes,

But the import to Canada has to be done at the time you land! According the officer who explained it to me, you cannot add your vehicle to the good's to follow list.

you have to export your car from the US before you can import it to Canada. After that, you'll receive a form from the Canadian officer where you'll have to enter the value, vin#... Then you'll have 45 days to take your car to an inspection place. Make sure, to save time and possibly money, you have a recall history of your vehicle (you can find that at your vehicle website's maker - ford, toyota...) if there's any outstanding recall this needs to be addressed before you can inspect your car.

check this website www.riv.ca

surenderJeet

Nov 24, 2010
Hi cchabert and Ag,

Can you give name of Mobile cell operator in calgary.

Thanks,

cchabert said:
I don;t think is a big issue, but when your CORP arrives with your visa double check, my wife name was wrong so we sent back the CORP with her passport to re do the whole thing, on those days it only took 2 weeks turn around.

Peace!

JENNYSEC

Star Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10
File Transfer...
detroit
Med's Request
june 2011
Med's Done....
june 2011
Passport Req..
march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
march 2012
LANDED..........
13 JUNE 2012
chigirl said:
Sorry....should have mentioned before. Check with your bank to see if your check has been cashed; and if they have a copy of the check. It will have your File Number (Bxx-xxx-xxx) written on it.
Follow cases similar to your timeline on spreadsheet maintained by Jasper - it will give you some indication of when your check can be expected to be cashed.

In btwn, please make sure to include your timeline alongside your name, or on Jasper's spreadsheet - it will help other members in answering your queries.
Hi chigirl Thanks,
I hade been in to City bank today mornning.The bank officer was very nice she gave me a copy of my check it was already encashed.as you said there is file number (B ********) on it.can I mention this file # when apply to change adress,Don't they ask how come I have file # before they realese to me.or one more question as per your experience the file number remain same during all prosidure what they mention on back side of encased check or there is any chance to change it....Pls. guide me..