09-07-2010
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
12/17/2010
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Can someone please help to know that which way is good to go canada by air or land .i am planning to go in march second week. i have h1 week stamp on passport but my wife and kids having previous company h4 visa stamp and current company I-797 .can we all use AVR.

What all the document required .

Thanks

philly

Jun 7, 2010
Philadelphia
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-3-2009
Doc's Request.
01-11-2009
Nomination.....
24-11-2009
AOR Received.
01-07-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
July-7-2010
Med's Done....
15-7-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Dec 22 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 21 2011
LANDED..........
?
Successfully completed Landing At Calgary

Friends,

I fly from Philadelphia to Calgary took the connecting flight in Chicago on Feb 9th.

Arrived in Calgary around 8:45 PM. Immigration process went very smoothly not many questions.

Officer asked me Where you are coming from and what address you are going to live in Calgary.

I told officer it is my friend address and I gave my friend address in Calgary. He is fine with that.
Then officer asked us to Sign on CPR documents. I signed for myself and Kid. Wife she signed her.

Officer told me I will get my cards in 4 to 6 weeks. I can apply SIN, Health cad and Drivers License right away.
Also officer explained me about Permanent Residency obligations, I have to live 2 yrs to renew my card and he told go for Customs.

At Customs Lady officer asked me List of goods Bringing with me and list of goods to follow and gave each 2 sets.
She looked at list she put the stamp on it , she kept one set and gave me back one set.
We carried My wife Jewelry , she didn’t even asked to look at it. Finally she told me Welcome to Calgary.

While coming back to USA , I used AVR(Automatic Visa Revalidation) Visa expired in my passport and with valid H1 end of this year. My wife has valid visa in her passport.

The officer asked me you didn’t get the visa stamp while in you are in Calgary, I Said No. Then he asked me about how come your wife has visa in her passport and you don’t have?
I told she travelled to home country at that time she got her visa stamped. He asked me fill the New I-94 for myself and come back front of the line.
After completing the I-94, came back to the officer, He asked me how long you stayed in Calgary, Purpose of the trip, country of citizenship and Date of birth.
Finally he asked me to show the Stamp in my passport for arrival proof of date. I showed in the Canada Landing stamp in my passport he is fine with that.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

philly

Jun 7, 2010
Philadelphia
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-3-2009
Doc's Request.
01-11-2009
Nomination.....
24-11-2009
AOR Received.
01-07-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
July-7-2010
Med's Done....
15-7-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Dec 22 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 21 2011
LANDED..........
?
Hi Jag,
Wife and kid can come back to USA valid previous company visa.

For Air it depending on where you live. major USA air lines has flights to Calagry.
If you live in Eadt coast better to take Chicago is connecting flight. Some air lines take you Texas or loss angels. It will be long route.

There is only Direct Flight From Newark, NJ by Air Canada it is expensive.

Go to price line or some other website and search you will find many options.

Thanks

jag123 said:
Can someone please help to know that which way is good to go canada by air or land .i am planning to go in march second week. i have h1 week stamp on passport but my wife and kids having previous company h4 visa stamp and current company I-797 .can we all use AVR.

What all the document required .

Thanks

surenderJeet

Nov 24, 2010
congratulations philly.

philly said:
Hi Jag,
Wife and kid can come back to USA valid previous company visa.

For Air it depending on where you live. major USA air lines has flights to Calagry.
If you live in Eadt coast better to take Chicago is connecting flight. Some air lines take you Texas or loss angels. It will be long route.

There is only Direct Flight From Newark, NJ by Air Canada it is expensive.

Go to price line or some other website and search you will find many options.

Thanks

khan9899

Feb 17, 2009
Hello Seniors,
I received the medical forms and file number from CIC last week. Recently I changed my address and I also notified CIC about that but still they sent it to my old address, I got it as I did the mail forwarding.
I am planning to fax CIC regarding the change of address, but in the medical form my date of birth and also my spouse DOB is wrong, so should I go ahead and schedule the doctor’s appointment or should I fax CIC regarding DOB and wait for the corrected medical forms from them (not sure when will I get the corrected medical forms from CIC, I don’t want to delay)
Please guide me.

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
Re: Successfully completed Landing At Calgary

Hi philly,
Thanks for your post. Did your wife surrender her I94 when departing US and get a new one when landing in US?
And where did your US immigration happen - in Calgary airport or in US port of entry?
Cheers!

philly said:
Friends,

I fly from Philadelphia to Calgary took the connecting flight in Chicago on Feb 9th.

Arrived in Calgary around 8:45 PM. Immigration process went very smoothly not many questions.

Officer asked me Where you are coming from and what address you are going to live in Calgary.

I told officer it is my friend address and I gave my friend address in Calgary. He is fine with that.
Then officer asked us to Sign on CPR documents. I signed for myself and Kid. Wife she signed her.

Officer told me I will get my cards in 4 to 6 weeks. I can apply SIN, Health cad and Drivers License right away.
Also officer explained me about Permanent Residency obligations, I have to live 2 yrs to renew my card and he told go for Customs.

At Customs Lady officer asked me List of goods Bringing with me and list of goods to follow and gave each 2 sets.
She looked at list she put the stamp on it , she kept one set and gave me back one set.
We carried My wife Jewelry , she didn't even asked to look at it. Finally she told me Welcome to Calgary.

While coming back to USA , I used AVR(Automatic Visa Revalidation) Visa expired in my passport and with valid H1 end of this year. My wife has valid visa in her passport.

The officer asked me you didn't get the visa stamp while in you are in Calgary, I Said No. Then he asked me about how come your wife has visa in her passport and you don't have?
I told she travelled to home country at that time she got her visa stamped. He asked me fill the New I-94 for myself and come back front of the line.
After completing the I-94, came back to the officer, He asked me how long you stayed in Calgary, Purpose of the trip, country of citizenship and Date of birth.
Finally he asked me to show the Stamp in my passport for arrival proof of date. I showed in the Canada Landing stamp in my passport he is fine with that.

Thanks

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
Dec - 2009 CIC App. Filed..: May 2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011

Manny said:
Hi philly,
Thanks for your post. Did your wife surrender her I94 when departing US and get a new one when landing in US?
And where did your US immigration happen - in Calgary airport or in US port of entry?
Cheers!

Hi Manny,

May be I might be able to answer you questions.

When travelling from Canada to the US, the US Immigrations are done at the Canadian Airport itself. I had travelled twice to Canada on visitor visa , on my first visit to Toronto, I had surrendered by I-94 to the airline counter and on my return to the US within a week, I was given a new I-94. No questions asked. My next trip was to Edmonton and that time I did not surrender my I-94 and at time of re-entry I was not given a new I-94. At Both times the H1B Visa Stamp on my passport was valid.

Thanks,
L.B

philly

Jun 7, 2010
Philadelphia
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-3-2009
Doc's Request.
01-11-2009
Nomination.....
24-11-2009
AOR Received.
01-07-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
July-7-2010
Med's Done....
15-7-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Dec 22 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 21 2011
LANDED..........
?

My Wife didn't surrender her I-94 while departing USA. She came with Same i-94.

US immigration Completed at Calgary Airport.

Thanks

Manny said:
Hi philly,
Cheers!

jag123

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2009
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
03-07-2010
IELTS Request
NO
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Request
03-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
12/17/2010
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
i am planning to go by land .will it creat any problem . we are not carrying any goods . what is a goods list? We are near to dallas.Do we need to show the fund proof also . If somone interested we can make a plan together.

Thanks

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Thanks for sharing your landing experience. I have few questions.
Is there a seperate form for good carrying and goods to follow?
Do you need to have cashier's check or is Bank Statement is enough?

philly said:
Friends,

We carried My wife Jewelry , she didn't even asked to look at it. Finally she told me Welcome to Calgary.

The officer asked me you didn't get the visa stamp while in you are in Calgary, I Said No. Then he asked me about how come your wife has visa in her passport and you don't have?

Thanks

jackweb_80

Feb 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 22 2009
Nomination.....
Jan 04 2010
AOR Received.
July 30 2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Nov 19 2010
Med's Request
July 30 2010
Med's Done....
Aug 15 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 22 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Feb-11-2011
Thanks a Lot AlbertaGovernor

AlbertaGovernor said:
If you are planning to re-enter on AVR, you got to keep in mind that you dont surrender your I-94 at the border when you are leaving the US. Incase your passport was renewed and your visa stamp is on the old passport, you need to carry your old passport along. Other than that nothing much. Having an employment verification letter could help.

One thing to note is that a lot of immigration officers are new and some dont know about AVR. If you come across one that doesnt then just ask him/her to go inside and check with the supervisors. To be safe you can carry the print of the telegram.

Automatic Visa Revalidation

US Department of State regulations permit certain non-immigrants to re-enter the United States after a 30-day or less visit to Canada, Mexico, or other adjacent islands (other than Cuba) without having to obtain a new visa prior to re-entry. This is called automatic visa revalidation (AVR).

Automatic revalidation applies in two ways.

1. If you have a visa sticker in your passport that matches your current status, but has expired, that visa sticker is considered to be automatically revalidated to a current date for your return to the U.S.

2. If you have changed status while in the U.S., and you have a visa sticker that matches your old status (either expired or unexpired), that visa sticker is considered to be automatically changed to a stamp matching the new status and revalidated to a current date for your return to the U.S. even though it is not the same as your current status and has, perhaps, expired.

Individuals seeking to benefit from this provision must retain their I-94 when leaving the U.S. as it is essential for re-entry. In addition, all other travel documents relevant to the particular status (passport, DS-2019 for J-1s, I-797 for H-1Bs etc.) must be carried and properly endorsed. When requesting a travel letter from the International Services Office, please state that you will be using the AVR program so your letter may reflect this.

Individuals traveling on passports issued by Iraq, Iran, Syria, Libya, Sudan, North Korea and Cuba may not benefit from this provision. Anyone who is visiting Canada or Mexico in order to apply for a new visa may no longer benefit from automatic revalidation. Please note that persons in H status are only eligible for automatic visa revalidation in Canada and Mexico and not in the adjacent islands. Check the U.S. State Department Website for the most recent information.

Telegram
You can print telegram from following link,Its good to have with you in case IO is new and now aware of AVR rule.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/telegrams/telegrams_1441.html

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
legalcitizen said:
My file was transferred to NY office: I have the following queries:

Did anybody send RRPF fees to NY office (requested or not).

If you do , can you please provide me the details like address .etc..

Can you please let me know , what is the process to change the address on the file?..

Thanks and Regards,
Hey Legal Citizen,

My file is in NY as well, transferred on Dec 2nd. Up until now, there is no communication from the visa office. I paid RPRF with my initial application. I advice you NOT to send the fees until requested. When requested you will receive the instructions with the address where the fees are to be sent.

Change of address do it online by your e-cas. There are some folks here who upon seeing the address change link removed from their e-cas are thinking that its on a purpose and their pprs are on the way, that the visa office does not want them to update their address because they have issued their pprs. Thats all crap man, you see this is the height of obsession people have developed over the waiting time.

I do not when I can receive the ppr, it has been a long wait for me.

surenderJeet

Nov 24, 2010
dear_pnp,

Did you send case specific enquiry to new york and asked about this. I think it is good if you can request CAPS notes. Did you seen other forum if any one get PPR request in feb month from NYC consulate.

Thanks,
SurenderJeet,

dear_pnp said:
Hey Legal Citizen,

My file is in NY as well, transferred on Dec 2nd. Up until now, there is no communication from the visa office. I paid RPRF with my initial application. I advice you NOT to send the fees until requested. When requested you will receive the instructions with the address where the fees are to be sent.

Change of address do it online by your e-cas. There are some folks here who upon seeing the address change link removed from their e-cas are thinking that its on a purpose and their pprs are on the way, that the visa office does not want them to update their address because they have issued their pprs. Thats all crap man, you see this is the height of obsession people have developed over the waiting time.

I do not when I can receive the ppr, it has been a long wait for me.

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
surenderJeet said:
dear_pnp,

Did you send case specific enquiry to new york and asked about this. I think it is good if you can request CAPS notes. Did you seen other forum if any one get PPR request in feb month from NYC consulate.

Thanks,
SurenderJeet,
Yes I did, thrice. First email response, application under queue for decision. No reply for second and third. How about you> when was your file transferred. Is it at NY office? Any communication from them?

No i havent heard anyone getting ppr in feb.

surenderJeet

Nov 24, 2010
Same thing here.

dear_pnp said:
Yes I did, thrice. First email response, application under queue for decision. No reply for second and third. How about you> when was your file transferred. Is it at NY office? Any communication from them?

No i havent heard anyone getting ppr in feb.