Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
FreshStart said:
L.B,

I think if you have the Auto functionality for your headlights on your car, that should meet the DRL requirement, right?
Hi,

Let me give you an example. The stalk of Camry sold in the US is different from the Canadian version. In the US, you have to turn it to a position for DRL to come on. The Canadian version does not have that postion and the DRL comes on with ignition. I will have to get the DRL kit installed. Now it depends from vehicle to vehicle. On our RX300 which is a US version has auto DRL from factory and there is nothing to be done.

http://www.usroads.com/journals/rmej/9912/rm991203.htm

Thanks,

L.B

gigi-2010

Star Member
Jan 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, All

Finally I received my AOR/Medical Request today!

I need to take the exam in seattle, Washington state. Did anyone do it there?

There are only two DMP, one is Helen Quan, the other is Eric J. Strandberg. Which one is better?
I just called to make an appoitment, The receptionalist in Helen Quan is so nice, experieced and costs are cheaper than the Eric office. The receptionalist in Eric office is so rude and lack of skills. The advantage in Eric office is that they can conduct the exams 5 days earlier than Helen office.

Any advice?

Thanks for any input.

Gigi

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jonnyU said:
Two of my friends completed their landing via Niagra bridge last week and they didn't have any problem. The bulletin you are referring does not say landing has to be done through the same province that nominate you. What is says is that you have to show enough evidence to the officer that you will live at the province that nominates you.
landing from PA through rainbow bridge is different from landing from CA through rainbow bridge. if the province you are landing is on the route to Alberta then you can justify the reason for landing in a different province. what they will doubt is if you are comming from Seattle or LA and going to Toronto with Alberta nomination or if you are going from NYC or Virgina to Vancouver to do the landing. another factor is applying for a PR card with a Toronto address already given by 7 people already.

can you please give more details about your friend where they are from the US? were they AINP category?

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
King80 said:
Hello AlbertaGovernor ,

Can you advise on what would be the best option for moving my stuff along with the car to Calgary.
I am asking since you might have experience in doing the same.

I am in PA currently.

Thanks
when i moved my employer paid for the moving expense. the charges they paid very very high and not recommended for self funding. some of my friends who moved from US to Canada decided to dump their furniture and TV etc.. in $2000 CAN they were able to furnish their aparment with basic necessities. better than paying moving charges for their stuff was not worth moving.

i remember one guy who moved from michigan to denver. he contacted some moving company who gave him quotes where the movers bid for lower price. you have to give them a list of item you wish to move and they give you the price. each new quote is lower than the previous one. he started getting quotes for $1200 and ended up finally moving for less than $600. shopping around for quotes is what i would do.

if you are moving during summer there was as person who i know who bought a trailer flat bed from garage sale and packed his stuff in large boxes and towed it behind his SUV. i dont think you can move furniture that way.

PA to Alberta will be a long drive unless you take couple of breaks on the way.

josephdadreamer

Nov 24, 2008
Do we need to put chains on vehicle that is not AWD or 4wd during snow/winter season? Is it required by law?

Ell.Bee said:
Hi,

Let me give you an example. The stalk of Camry sold in the US is different from the Canadian version. In the US, you have to turn it to a position for DRL to come on. The Canadian version does not have that postion and the DRL comes on with ignition. I will have to get the DRL kit installed. Now it depends from vehicle to vehicle. On our RX300 which is a US version has auto DRL from factory and there is nothing to be done.

http://www.usroads.com/journals/rmej/9912/rm991203.htm

Thanks,

L.B

sirsmak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2010 (CIC)
Med's Request
06-02-2010
Med's Done....
11-02-2010
Passport Req..
November 3rd
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2010
LANDED..........
Landed; Feb 06, 2011
USPS Tracking says, ....."Your item was delivered at 11:56 am on December 02, 2010 in BUFFALO, NY 14203 to CANADIAN CONSULATE ." CIC websites says it takes 15 days, lets see how long it really takes to get the issuance of Vis :D

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
josephdadreamer said:
Do we need to put chains on vehicle that is not AWD or 4wd during snow/winter season? Is it required by law?
In Alberta there are no provincial regulations requiring the use of either snow tires or chains. These tires are "needed when conditions warrant it." Generally, this implies the routes to ski resorts. While it is legal in Alberta to use snow road technology such as chains and studded tires, these are usually only needed for extreme driving conditions on highways. The Rubber Manufacturers Association follows a standard in making snow tires. Any tire marked, "Snow tires," "Mud and snow," or "M/S" meets the standard.

http://www.travelalberta.com/en/HolidayPlanning/Transportation/Pages/HighwayInformation.aspx?mrkt=Canada

josephdadreamer

Nov 24, 2008
Thanks for the info!

AlbertaGovernor said:
In Alberta there are no provincial regulations requiring the use of either snow tires or chains. These tires are "needed when conditions warrant it." Generally, this implies the routes to ski resorts. While it is legal in Alberta to use snow road technology such as chains and studded tires, these are usually only needed for extreme driving conditions on highways. The Rubber Manufacturers Association follows a standard in making snow tires. Any tire marked, "Snow tires," "Mud and snow," or "M/S" meets the standard.

http://www.travelalberta.com/en/HolidayPlanning/Transportation/Pages/HighwayInformation.aspx?mrkt=Canada

immigration.help

Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-01-2009, CIC: 05-03-2010
Doc's Request.
17-11-2009
Nomination.....
2-12-2009
AOR Received.
6-7-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
6-7-2010
Med's Done....
8-7-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-12-2010, mailed 1-3-2011
AlbertaGovernor said:
landing from PA through rainbow bridge is different from landing from CA through rainbow bridge. if the province you are landing is on the route to Alberta then you can justify the reason for landing in a different province. what they will doubt is if you are comming from Seattle or LA and going to Toronto with Alberta nomination or if you are going from NYC or Virgina to Vancouver to do the landing. another factor is applying for a PR card with a Toronto address already given by 7 people already.

can you please give more details about your friend where they are from the US? were they AINP category?
Thanks AG! I've been wondering why they didn't question anyone landing outside AB. Your point makes a lot of sense.

King80

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
20/07/2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NY Jan 05, 2011
Med's Request
20/07/2010
Med's Done....
12/08/2010 (reached Ottawa Sep 8th ,2010)
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
March 07 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2011
LANDED..........
waiting
AlbertaGovernor said:
when i moved my employer paid for the moving expense. the charges they paid very very high and not recommended for self funding. some of my friends who moved from US to Canada decided to dump their furniture and TV etc.. in $2000 CAN they were able to furnish their aparment with basic necessities. better than paying moving charges for their stuff was not worth moving.

i remember one guy who moved from michigan to denver. he contacted some moving company who gave him quotes where the movers bid for lower price. you have to give them a list of item you wish to move and they give you the price. each new quote is lower than the previous one. he started getting quotes for $1200 and ended up finally moving for less than $600. shopping around for quotes is what i would do.

if you are moving during summer there was as person who i know who bought a trailer flat bed from garage sale and packed his stuff in large boxes and towed it behind his SUV. i dont think you can move furniture that way.

PA to Alberta will be a long drive unless you take couple of breaks on the way.
Thanks for your valuable advise. I think i might need to sell most of my stuff i can and then put rest of it in my car.

thementor2008

Apr 24, 2009
Hello,

I've sent my documents to Buffalo On July. I know now the June applicants are getting AOR/Med Request. I'm seeing there are lot of requirements in Edmonton that suits my profile. I sent my resume's to them. If I would like to go to Alberta before getting PR, what are the options I have? In the other thread I saw - "Work Permit based on job offer after nomination" - what does it mean? Is it safe to go in Work Permit and then change the status once we get the PR? I'm working in USA currently. So I know employers has to sponsor visa, is this is the same case in Canada as well?

jonnyU

Jun 16, 2010
AlbertaGovernor said:

Listen pal, the sceneario you wrote is purely your assumption. There is nothing like that you’ll find on cic page or PN page. Now about my friends, one is from Baltimore MD and another from Saltlake UT. The one from UT flew to Baltimore and they both made a drive to Toronto. And yes they both were selected via AINP.