+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

C

cchabert

ag_tou said:
Hi All,

I moved to Calgary in August this year. Feel free to send any queries, you have, or if need any help, once here.
Welcome!! Where in Calgary? I'm in NW

C

cchabert

Ell.Bee said:
Hi cchabert,

Can you please elaborate on your experience and some estimates. If you are not comfortable sharing on the forum please PM if you dont mind.

Thanks,

L.B
I went to U-hall and told them.."Ok guys I'm moving to Calgary and how much is the truck", I really don't remember the size but it wasn't a big one and with the rental, insurance, crossing the border fee it was almost 2K, also the have their numbers in te computer and I need to do the trip in 5 days or additional charges will apply for each extra day on the road, so plan B.

Plan B:

Call these guys from U-Pack and I rent a ReloCube, I draw on the floor of my kitchen with masking tape the internal sizes of the cube and start piling boxes on it, this way I know exactly how much I can fit on it, anything else won't come, so mainly boxes and no furniture.
The Relocube was on the shipping company, this is cheap than if you want the relocube deliver at your house, after filling the relocube and put the locks on it I just sign and forget about it, I pick up my stuff in Calgary and everybody was happy.
The cost was:
1 Relocube $1426
Canada Customs Admin Fee $60
Storage in Transit 30 days $95 (This is because I didn't know how long it will take to find a roof)
U-Pack Website discount $-25.

Hope these helps!

Peace!

surenderJeet

Nov 24, 2010
Are you guys deciding to land in Calgary without job or first get job while in USA and then move to Calgary

or

Land in Calgary without job and search job there.

C

cchabert

surenderJeet said:
Are you guys deciding to land in Calgary without job or first get job while in USA and then move to Calgary

or

Land in Calgary without job and search job there.
There is a very slim chance that you can find a job in Calgary living in the USA, but good luck anyway! :)

ag_tou

Star Member
Jun 3, 2009
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2009
Doc's Request.
20-02-2010 (AINP Doc Request)
Nomination.....
08-05-2010
AOR Received.
9 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Never Transferred
Med's Request
9 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
Sometime in the last week of December
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
April 2011 - Last week
LANDED..........
6th May 2011
cchabert,

Seems, you forgot me. We exchanged lot of messages, around the time I reached here.

I am in NE currently but will be moving to NW (near SAIT) shortly. Where exactly in NW, you are.
PM and plan to meet sometime.

cchabert said:
Welcome!! Where in Calgary? I'm in NW

C

cchabert

surenderJeet said:
Any idea what salary for an IT Architect can get there.
The typical Base Salary for a Information Technology (IT) Architect in Alberta is C$79,327 to C$112,862.

http://www.workopolis.com/work.aspx?action=Transfer&View=Content/Common/ResourceCentre/RCSalaryGuideView&lang=EN&theme=work

Peace!

C

cchabert

ag_tou said:
cchabert,

Seems, you forgot me. We exchanged lot of messages, around the time I reached here.

I am in NE currently but will be moving to NW (near SAIT) shortly. Where exactly in NW, you are.
PM and plan to meet sometime.
Sorry man I found your PM, it's crazy here, everyone sent me PMs , I just reply to yours :)

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
Dec - 2009 CIC App. Filed..: May 2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
cchabert said:
I went to U-hall and told them.."Ok guys I'm moving to Calgary and how much is the truck", I really don't remember the size but it wasn't a big one and with the rental, insurance, crossing the border fee it was almost 2K, also the have their numbers in te computer and I need to do the trip in 5 days or additional charges will apply for each extra day on the road, so plan B.

Plan B:

Call these guys from U-Pack and I rent a ReloCube, I draw on the floor of my kitchen with masking tape the internal sizes of the cube and start piling boxes on it, this way I know exactly how much I can fit on it, anything else won't come, so mainly boxes and no furniture.
The Relocube was on the shipping company, this is cheap than if you want the relocube deliver at your house, after filling the relocube and put the locks on it I just sign and forget about it, I pick up my stuff in Calgary and everybody was happy.
The cost was:
1 Relocube $1426
Canada Customs Admin Fee $60
Storage in Transit 30 days $95 (This is because I didn't know how long it will take to find a roof)
U-Pack Website discount $-25.

Hope these helps!

Peace!
Hi,

The Relocube seems to be a cool concept. No hassle of driving the uhaul/penske truck all the way! Instead I can drive my car across hassle free while saving some bucks.

Thanks,
L.B

vzaveri

Aug 10, 2009
Hi Guys,
I am planning to move to Canada next summer...however i want to go visit my friend in Vancouver this christmas...can i do my entry at that point? Does anyone have any insight here?
Please advise.
Thanks
V

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
Dec - 2009 CIC App. Filed..: May 2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
vzaveri said:
Hi Guys,
I am planning to move to Canada next summer...however i want to go visit my friend in Vancouver this christmas...can i do my entry at that point? Does anyone have any insight here?
Please advise.
Thanks
V
Hi,

I suggest you read the articles on these two links and then decide if you want to do that.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob251.asp

http://www.smeurrens.com/2010/11/pnp-participants-denied-entry-at-the-border/

Thanks,
L.B

petesampras

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/03/2010
Nomination.....
19/11/2009
AOR Received.
07/02/2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
10/11/2010 to LA
Med's Request
02/07/2010
Med's Done....
14/07/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17/12/2010
VISA ISSUED...
06/01/2011
LANDED..........
03/07/2011
Hi All,

Do we know what is going on with LA Consulate as i have not received anything from them in last three weeks....

FreshStart

Sep 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
Oct 20-1010
Med's Request
July 19-2010
Med's Done....
July 23-2010
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Jan 7-2011
I haven't heard anything either. I am presuming its because of the holiday season and its also possible that they too have a lot of files to work with. I was hoping to hear back and complete the landing procedures before New Years. If I hear from them before Christmas, I think I will fly down to LA to get the visa stamped. Does anyone know if LA allows that even? As in be there in person to get the Visa stamped.

petesampras said:
Hi All,

Do we know what is going on with LA Consulate as i have not received anything from them in last three weeks....

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FreshStart said:
I haven't heard anything either. I am presuming its because of the holiday season and its also possible that they too have a lot of files to work with. I was hoping to hear back and complete the landing procedures before New Years. If I hear from them before Christmas, I think I will fly down to LA to get the visa stamped. Does anyone know if LA allows that even? As in be there in person to get the Visa stamped.
tomorrow is tuesday and we should hope to see progress tomorrow.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Avalap said:
Hi Sunderjeet,

I am waiting for Passport request from NYC consulate. Once I get the PR stamped, I plan to relocate to Calgary as soon as I can.
Going by the timelines, I am hoping it to be in Jan 2011 , i.e Another 8 weeks :)
Will surely keep in touch and I will do my best to be as helpful as I can.

AlbertaGovernor - Appreciate your kind gesture and helping hand to Sunderjeet. Is it open to other also ;)
the help is open to anyone who needs it. pm me and i will be glad to help.