+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
surenderJeet said:
Hi Avalap,

Good to know that you like to settle in Alberta.

I also do have plan to settle in Calgary Alberta once get PR.

I am also with family in Virginia. Keep in touch.

Do you know when do you have plan to be in Calgary in 2011?.

sunderjeet,

Calgary is a nice place to live. please let me know if you need any help. once you are ready to go to calgary you can send me a pm and we can catchup.

Gunther

May 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
01-12-2009
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
Med's Done....
19-08-2010
Passport Req..
28-3-2011
VISA ISSUED...
29-3-2011
Good find. Thanks

Ell.Bee said:
Hi,

cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob251.asp

This is from another thread but it looks like it is going to be tougher in the comming days to land in a provice other than Alberta when you are nominated by Alberta.

Thanks,
L.B

lightsinthemist

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-15-2009
Doc's Request.
11-28-2009
Nomination.....
12-07-2009 CIC app 05-15-2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-16-2011
Thanks for sharing the awesome article Avalap.

A strict system implementation of rules will prevent abuse of the system or else every tom dick and harry will game the system because only their situation matters. I am glad Canada is taking the steps to prevent this.

If you are nominated by Alberta you land and stay in Alberta , the rules are clear and simple. Once the citizenship is acquired after two years one can move about wherever he or she wishes in canada.Also the arguement of freedom of movement is a strawman arguement....why does not one think about that when one is applying, then one should have chosen with the utmost freedom to apply for the skilled route of federal immigration to canada .

Avalap said:
Friends,

Here is an interesting article about PNP and residing in the nominating province.

http://www.smeurrens.com/2010/11/pnp-participants-denied-entry-at-the-border/

Hope this helps.

surenderJeet

Nov 24, 2010
I seen most of the guys active on this form they are waiting for passport request from more than 4 month after medical sent.

Is their any person who completed more than 5 month and no passport request.

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey CCH good to see you here again. Thank you for sharing this information dude. Its very helpful. Anyways how is alberta treating you? i am coming to alberta next year March for my second visit :)
cchabert said:
Things are coming:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob251.asp

Peace

pinoygirl

Sep 1, 2010
Guys,

NY consulate emailed me asking me to pay Resident Fee as my only outstanding requirement. Does anybody knows how many more days more to wait for PPR after paying this?

Avalap

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Hi Sunderjeet,

I am waiting for Passport request from NYC consulate. Once I get the PR stamped, I plan to relocate to Calgary as soon as I can.
Going by the timelines, I am hoping it to be in Jan 2011 , i.e Another 8 weeks :)
Will surely keep in touch and I will do my best to be as helpful as I can.

AlbertaGovernor - Appreciate your kind gesture and helping hand to Sunderjeet. Is it open to other also ;)

surenderJeet said:
Hi Avalap,

Good to know that you like to settle in Alberta.

I also do have plan to settle in Calgary Alberta once get PR.

I am also with family in Virginia. Keep in touch.

Do you know when do you have plan to be in Calgary in 2011?.

Avalap

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Congrats Pinoygirl,

I received a similar email on NOV 22, 2010 (i.e Last week) and my RPRF reached the consulate on Nov23, 2010.
I haven't heard anything from them yet. Hoping to hear some good news very soon...

PS: Hopefully, we will get the passport request in less than 8 weeks.

pinoygirl said:
Guys,

NY consulate emailed me asking me to pay Resident Fee as my only outstanding requirement. Does anybody knows how many more days more to wait for PPR after paying this?

Avalap

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
I had my medicals done on July01, 2010 but the doctor office couriered them on July08, 2010.
I think my medicals reached Ottowa by July15.

My file was transferred to NYC on Oct 26
Received RPRF request on Nov 22.

Hope this helps.

surenderJeet said:
Avalap,
When did you sent medical to consulate?

surenderJeet

Nov 24, 2010
Avalap,

For me it looks like i am behind one month then you. CIC recieved my medical on Aug 23. Buy my file did not transfer any where. Any idea on what basis file gets transfered.

King80

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
20/07/2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NY Jan 05, 2011
Med's Request
20/07/2010
Med's Done....
12/08/2010 (reached Ottawa Sep 8th ,2010)
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
March 07 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2011
LANDED..........
waiting
Avalap said:
Hi Sunderjeet,

I am waiting for Passport request from NYC consulate. Once I get the PR stamped, I plan to relocate to Calgary as soon as I can.
Going by the timelines, I am hoping it to be in Jan 2011 , i.e Another 8 weeks :)
Will surely keep in touch and I will do my best to be as helpful as I can.

AlbertaGovernor - Appreciate your kind gesture and helping hand to Sunderjeet. Is it open to other also ;)
Hi Avalaap,

I am also planning to move to Calgary as soon as i get my PPR. I have some questions going in my mind. Thought will share with since you are moving to Calgary.

I am in PA and thinking to land via Montana to Alberta. Question that arises in my mind is how much stuff i can carry with me. The thing is if i travel by road and take my car, not all the stuff is going to fit in the car along with the family :). Can we rent something ..... any Advice????

How much in dollars we can take along. Since i will be moving i want to take all with me to calgary.

By the way, Medicals reached Sep 8th, no other update yet.