None
Passport Req..
03-24-2011
VISA ISSUED...
04-28-2011
LANDED..........
July 15th 2011
Jasper said:
My lawyer forwarded the scanned copy of the letter to me by email yesterday. In my case, the letter is dated "Nov 12" and it was received by the lawyer on Nov 19 (I believe this was a regular postal mail).

chigirl and I are applying through the same law firm, so it was the same process.
Thank you Jasper. Iam also with the same Lawyer

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
despoimmigrant said:
Well good to hear from you. Life is cool here as well. I am changing job to buffalo, ny and planing to live in Canada side and do daily comute using NEXUS pass. lets see how things work out. as soon as i get my NEXUS pass i will move to canada side. so that way i can get canadian citizenship sooner and maintain my H1B visa status in US :)
another example of eating a cake and having it too. having two legs in differnt boats at same time is dangerous. i know you are trying hard to ban me because i talk the facts. but people like you dont have any intention of living in alberta and holding up others who have pure intentions of settling only in alberta.

then this buddy rajesh on the forum ask me how i can bring up his name. boss this forum is to to greet each other. you can do that with PM. share something benificial. not something that will spread wrong ideas and affect the genuine applicants.

forum folks now he will ask the moderator to block me and give me negative points for having highlighted his intentions.

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
Grey Goose said:
Hello chigirl,

I got a letter from CIC that had a hand written line 'YOUR MEDICALS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED'. Please refer to my other posts for details.
Thanks. I also noticed procan got a similar letter to mine with no indication of medicals. I am presuming this depends on the visa officer who is handling our case. I will wait for a couple of weeks, and if I do not see any updates, I will contact them.

legalcitizen

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Manny said:
Stay cool and don't get others worked up! Not sure why you are worried. Are you out of work in the US or at risk of being out of status in the US? If that's not the case, I find it pointless to fret about the status of your CIC file and the delay. Just by having your file transferred to local office doesn't mean that you have seen the end of the tunnel - my case started process in June 2010 and it's been a while since I saw any update apart from the transfer to local office. And I am not alone - quite a few are waiting.

Chin up...
Hi..I was following you ..you are 2-3 weeks ahead of me..I know I don't have to worry but the problem is at least it will take 2-3 months , after transferring the cases to local consulate..will wait and see..

legalcitizen

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jasper said:
My timeline is similar to yours (eCAS shows July 7 as my process-start date), and I received a letter from Buffalo last Friday, which said:

"We have now completed the initial assessment of your application, and expect to finalize your application without a personal interview. While an interview does not appear necessary at this time, we reserve the right to call you to an interview, should this become necessary at some future stage in processing."

Also, the letter confirmed the receipt of my medical results and indicated "No additional documents are required at this time."

It seems that our files may stay in Buffalo and not be transferred to local consulates.
i hope you are talking about physical mail. Please let us know if thats not the case..

Jasper

May 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2009 (AINP), 25-03-2010 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
15-07-2010
Med's Request
15-07-2010
Med's Done....
22-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2011
LANDED..........
14-06-2011
legalcitizen said:
i hope you are talking about physical mail. Please let us know if thats not the case..
Yes, the letter was sent to my lawyer by physical mail.

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AlbertaGovernor you really need to mind your own business in this forum and please grow up. If you do not like my thread and messages than please block me.

AlbertaGovernor said:
another example of eating a cake and having it too. having two legs in differnt boats at same time is dangerous. i know you are trying hard to ban me because i talk the facts. but people like you dont have any intention of living in alberta and holding up others who have pure intentions of settling only in alberta.

then this buddy rajesh on the forum ask me how i can bring up his name. boss this forum is to to greet each other. you can do that with PM. share something benificial. not something that will spread wrong ideas and affect the genuine applicants.

forum folks now he will ask the moderator to block me and give me negative points for having highlighted his intentions.

Avalap

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Despo,

I was under the impression that NEXUS card is given only to US or Canadian citizens. Is it also given to Canadian Green card holders?
If so thats indeed a good news.

despoimmigrant said:
Well good to hear from you. Life is cool here as well. I am changing job to buffalo, ny and planing to live in Canada side and do daily comute using NEXUS pass. lets see how things work out. as soon as i get my NEXUS pass i will move to canada side. so that way i can get canadian citizenship sooner and maintain my H1B visa status in US :)

cutie

May 5, 2010
Sorry to interrupt in the middle of discussion, it varies from case to case after transferring to local offices. In VSRao case it took only 3 weeks to get the PPR and the same in the case of anewhope. it all depends upon the officer who process the case. So cheer up......

legalcitizen said:
Hi..I was following you ..you are 2-3 weeks ahead of me..I know I don't have to worry but the problem is at least it will take 2-3 months , after transferring the cases to local consulate..will wait and see..

legalcitizen

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cutie said:
Sorry to interrupt in the middle of discussion, it varies from case to case after transferring to local offices. In VSRao case it took only 3 weeks to get the PPR and the same in the case of anewhope. it all depends upon the officer who process the case. So cheer up......
Thanks for the cheers.. :) :)

Aug 24, 2010
California, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2009
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
08-12-2009
AOR Received.
19-07-2010
IELTS Request
Not Requested
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
19-07-2010
Med's Done....
30-07-2010
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
03-22-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-04-2011
chigirl said:
Has anybody else had their medicals confirmed in the letter they received from CIC?

Thanks.
ChiGirl,
I got the same letter, saying "no additional info is requested at this time", but it is ALSO saying "they are including medical forms and asking me to do it in the next 60 days! It is SO bizarre because I DID finish my medicals at the end of July and it arrived Canada in early August! I will talk to the lawyer tomorrow to see what is up with that!

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
AlbEEErta_here_i_come said:
ChiGirl,
I got the same letter, saying "no additional info is requested at this time", but it is ALSO saying "they are including medical forms and asking me to do it in the next 60 days! It is SO bizarre because I DID finish my medicals at the end of July and it arrived Canada in early August! I will talk to the lawyer tomorrow to see what is up with that!
Yes, my lawyer said she would fa a copy of my receipts to CIC - that's probably the way to go.

But, they did not actually include the medical forms, did they? Sometimes, it also depends on the visa officer who is handling your case - depends on whether he decides to check it off or not.

procan

Star Member
Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2009
Doc's Request.
05-11-2009
Nomination.....
17-11-2009 CIC App. Filed.: 12-03-2010
AOR Received.
28-06-2010
Med's Request
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
25-08-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2011
LANDED..........
23-06-2011
Hi All,

As Chigirl mentioned, I also received the letter on Nov 10, 2010. I have already submitted the medicals and received receipts for those. but the letter doesnt have any hand written msg like "medicals received".

I emailed CIC, Buffalo asking abt the confirmation & not abt the stauts update. It seems they dont even read the content.
As you guessed, I received the same automatic email reply like so many of you have already received.
" Your application is in process. We are unable to provide a date when the processing of your application will be complete.
Regards, Canadian Consulate General Buffalo"

No updates on ecas either.

It seems like guys who have applied in the first week of March are getting ppr (image6000, avalap).
So be patient...our turn will also come

chigirl said:
Yes, my lawyer said she would fa a copy of my receipts to CIC - that's probably the way to go.

But, they did not actually include the medical forms, did they? Sometimes, it also depends on the visa officer who is handling your case - depends on whether he decides to check it off or not.