+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

arajesh5

Star Member
Aug 31, 2008
1. The easiest way is to type a list in .doc format and print it. The people at CBSA fill the B4/B4A for you.

2. Yes, You can always add extra items later on.

3. Do you have employment in Alberta. Whats your address in Alberta. Are you moving there permanently. If not, when do you plan to return. They go in - discuss, look at your immigration information - come back and have you sign your COPRs - and then let you into Canada.

needhelp123 said:
Senior members, who have already landed, three quick questions:

(1) Do we use different copies of the B4/B4A for "Good Carrying Now" and "Goods to Follow"? i.e. it is the same form but different copies, correct?

(2) If we forget to add something in the "good to follow" form is there any way to add this later?

(3) What are the typical common question they ask upon landing?

Many thanks for all your help!

bibo

Jan 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
Doc's Request.
25-11-2009
Nomination.....
30-11-2009
AOR Received.
17-07-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
anybody in similar situation?
cic received my additional requested docs and fee today.
how long until my file get transferred or pp request?
anybody knows?
my medicals were done end of july

jovan

Star Member
Aug 4, 2009
Hi everyone,

Missed you all (I have been coming around. I just was not posting)

So, I do have an update. I got my mail today (in the afternoon) and I just dumped it on my kitchen counter. This evening, I was about to go and throw the junk mail away, when I noticed a letter from the Canadian Consulate in Buffalo, tucked in within the junk mail. Thank God I saw it. Phew :) .

Any way the letter I received was dated 10/29/2010 and it states that:

1. Buffalo has completed an initial assessment of my application.
2. Buffalo expects to finalize my application without an interview
3. Buffalo has recieved my Medical results
4. Buffalo does not require additional documents from me; and
5. I should pay my Right of Permanent Resident Fee (RPRF) if I have not already done so.

Here's my application information and timeline:

Category........: AINP
Visa Office......: Buffalo
NOC Code......: 2173
AINP App. Filed.....: 03-16-2009
Doc's Request.: 15-12-2009
Nomination.....: Dated 01-07-2010 (Received certificate on 03/05/2010)
CIC App. Filed.......:03-09-2010
AOR Received.: 06-28-2010
Med's Request: 06-28-2010
Med's Done....: 06-30-2010
Med's Reached Ottawa....: 07/07/2010
Request 4 RPRF....:11/03/2010

Take care everyone and I pray God grants each and everyone of us our dreams for 2010.

God bless
Jovan

vollog

Star Member
Oct 28, 2009
For those who has already have the passport request. should we submit both expired and new passport or just the new passport?

vollog

Star Member
Oct 28, 2009
I just checked my status.. it is : we started process your application on OCT 28, 2010

submit to CIC,buffalo at June 10

I got my file number from cashed check copy. and my old withdrawn case number can see both cases.

image6000

Aug 12, 2009
Does CIC always send PPR request via email ? or they do send via snail mail as well.

Any updates will be greatly appreciate. My online status have already been updated with "Medical received" line and just waiting for PPR.

thanks,
image6000

sirsmak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2010 (CIC)
Med's Request
06-02-2010
Med's Done....
11-02-2010
Passport Req..
November 3rd
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2010
LANDED..........
Landed; Feb 06, 2011
Hello everyone....

As some faithful friends on this forum suggested that I should write another email to the CIC (which i did b4 in August), i did write 'em one. To my surprise they wrote back they did send the PPR back in August but the email address they provided in the message (to which original PPR was sent) was wrong and now after I inquired they have updated my profile and sent me an invitation to get stamped before December 6 (the copy of original message the sent me had PP stamp date b4 Dec 30th). As many of you you know already I am not in the US any more so have to apply for Visit visa and get to Buffalo... now the US embassy is not usually that friendly about giving visas that quickly.
.................. So I guess my question is .... Is there anyone who has applied for an extension in the passport requested by XX date? I did my Meds in February, so maybe I could get some time till February (since I am assuming that Meds expire after one year).... what is the process to do so.... or is there any such thing as extension....? ...... Only if i had known in August abt this email i wudn't be in this problem but now i need to worry abt getting this ONE LAST STEP done right ..... I am so close!!

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
sirsmak said:
Hello everyone....

As some faithful friends on this forum suggested that I should write another email to the CIC (which i did b4 in August), i did write 'em one. To my surprise they wrote back they did send the PPR back in August but the email address they provided in the message (to which original PPR was sent) was wrong and now after I inquired they have updated my profile and sent me an invitation to get stamped before December 6 (the copy of original message the sent me had PP stamp date b4 Dec 30th). As many of you you know already I am not in the US any more so have to apply for Visit visa and get to Buffalo... now the US embassy is not usually that friendly about giving visas that quickly.
.................. So I guess my question is .... Is there anyone who has applied for an extension in the passport requested by XX date? I did my Meds in February, so maybe I could get some time till February (since I am assuming that Meds expire after one year).... what is the process to do so.... or is there any such thing as extension....? ...... Only if i had known in August abt this email i wudn't be in this problem but now i need to worry abt getting this ONE LAST STEP done right ..... I am so close!!
Check this thread. This particular member requested an extension. I think it is possible.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/which-is-safest-way-to-send-passport-to-the-canadian-consulate-in-ny-from-india-t27115.30.html

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
sirsmak said:
Hello everyone....

So, how many days did they give you to go get your passport stamped? And what country are you currently in?

Thanks.

rubyalabar

Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2010
Nomination.....
21-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2010 (Aug.6 rec'vd by Ottawa)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2011
LANDED..........
04-02-2011
I have read about a lot of people in this forum who are in the same predicament as you. If my guess is correct, you home country is India where it is illegal to send passports in and out of the country by mail or courier. Most people ended up applying for a US visa or ask a family member who can readily go to the US to carry your passport and an authorization letter from you but some say this move is still risky. And getting the passports back to India can be a problem too.

Based on what I have read in this forum about this situation, I suggest you contact your visa office, ask for an extension, I am sure they will understand. In the meantime apply for a US visa. I believe that is the only legal and safest way.

sirsmak said:
Hello everyone....

Avalap

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Hey Sirsmak,

Besides the passport request extension, The other option I can think of is travelling to Bahamas on visitor visa from India (incase you cannot get US/Canada visitor visa).

I am not sure if Canadian Consulate will return the passports by post to Bahamas. (Need to google it..)
ElseFrom Bahamas you can send the passport to your friend in US who can either submit it in person with your authorization letter to CIC Buffalo (if your file was processed there) or send it by post, receive it and Fedex it to u.

Just a thought.....

Good Luck

sirsmak said:
Hello everyone....

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
Avalap said:
Hey Sirsmak,

Besides the passport request extension, The other option I can think of is travelling to Bahamas on visitor visa from India (incase you cannot get US/Canada visitor visa).

I am not sure if Canadian Consulate will return the passports by post to Bahamas. (Need to google it..)
ElseFrom Bahamas you can send the passport to your friend in US who can either submit it in person with your authorization letter to CIC Buffalo (if your file was processed there) or send it by post, receive it and Fedex it to u.

Just a thought.....

Good Luck
CIC returns passports to addresses only in US and Canada.

Jacaranda

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
good to hear this, my application was sent on June 10th too, and I have applied for FSW in 2006, I wonder if I can see my status with that receipt number, will try that

hopefully we should be getting medical /aor anytime now

vollog said:
I just checked my status.. it is : we started process your application on OCT 28, 2010

submit to CIC,buffalo at June 10

I got my file number from cashed check copy. and my old withdrawn case number can see both cases.

arajesh5

Star Member
Aug 31, 2008
I guess Rubyalabar made the most sense in the responses to your qn. I would get an extension, a US visa, land in canada and leave from Canada.

Cheers,

rubyalabar said:
I have read about a lot of people in this forum who are in the same predicament as you. If my guess is correct, you home country is India where it is illegal to send passports in and out of the country by mail or courier. Most people ended up applying for a US visa or ask a family member who can readily go to the US to carry your passport and an authorization letter from you but some say this move is still risky. And getting the passports back to India can be a problem too.

Based on what I have read in this forum about this situation, I suggest you contact your visa office, ask for an extension, I am sure they will understand. In the meantime apply for a US visa. I believe that is the only legal and safest way.