17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
thanks alot
lettuce_tomatoes said:
Hello Bibo,

I have used the following is the format, one can modify according to their wishes. Hope this helps:

***Start of the message****

October 29, 2010, 2000

CONSULATE GENERAL OF CANADA
IMMIGRATION REGIONAL PROGRAM CENTRE
3000 HSBC CENTER
BUFFALO, NEW YORK
14203-2884
U.S.A.

Re: First Middle Last (D.O.B. January 01, 1900)
Application for Permanent Residence in Canada

File No: B XXX XXX XXX

Dear Officer:

This is with reference to your letter dated January 01, 2000 (copy enclosed). Please find enclosed the Demand Draft bearing number xxxxxxxxx dated January xx, 2010 amounting to US$XXX in favor of Canadian Consulate General, to cover the Right of Permanent Residence Fee for myself and my spouse.

Please be informed that my dependents and I have completed the medicals on February 01, 2000 through Dr. FULL NAME located in CITY, STATE, COUNTRY.

Thanking you.

Yours truly,

First Middle Last
Email id:
Phone No.
Address:

***End of Message *******

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello josephdadreamer,

Not many of us will be as lucky as Priya 86 who got her PPR in less than 2 months form the date of meds sent.I have learnt to keep my expectation low from the CIC. N Specially when we have plenting of folks on this forum waiting who have completed their meds in July yet waiting for PPR. My meds reached Ottwawa in the 2nd week of Sept. I am not sure when the visa processing officers in CIC offices will let the senses prevail.

Btw, i remember u sent the RPRF check to CIC in Sept, did you track and see if they cashed it? They cashed mine in 2nd week of Oct

josephdadreamer said:
lettuce_tomatoes,

Any updates on your side?

btw excellent info ! Thanks for posting it will be surely useful for other members.

josephdadreamer

Nov 24, 2008
lettuce_tomatoes,

I will inquire about my RPRF with my case manager if cic cashed it in already. Thanks

lettuce_tomatoes said:
Hello josephdadreamer,

Not many of us will be as lucky as Priya 86 who got her PPR in less than 2 months form the date of meds sent.I have learnt to keep my expectation low from the CIC. N Specially when we have plenting of folks on this forum waiting who have completed their meds in July yet waiting for PPR. My meds reached Ottwawa in the 2nd week of Sept. I am not sure when the visa processing officers in CIC offices will let the senses prevail.

Btw, i remember u sent the RPRF check to CIC in Sept, did you track and see if they cashed it? They cashed mine in 2nd week of Oct

Fall_leafs

Oct 30, 2010
This is my first time on this forum although I have been regular reader of this forum. I want to share my unique experience. I am one of guys who did medicals in July and waiting for PR request. My file has been transferred to a local visa office. To save expenses, I started sharing a apartment. I was not on lease. My H1b transfer is in process. I had a RRE, to which my employer haven't replied as I do not have a project. As per my lawyer, I have 180 days from the date of my I-94 validity to leave US. So, I thought, I wait it out for couple of months as this is fourth month since my medicals. My roommate was fighting with me on small-small things. Most of the time I kept quite. I decided to move out yesterday. I packed my things and was waiting in the apartment for him to show up so I leave properly. When he came home, I told him I am leaving and I would like to clear my bills. He started making unreasonable demands. He told me that if I do not pay him next month's rent and utilities plus 600 dollars cleaning charges, he is going to call COPS and tell them that I stole this stuff. To make long story short, I videotaped all this blackmailing conversation on phone. Not to involve police, since my immigration status is uncertain, I called one of his friends and one of our ex-roommate. He was very aware of my immigration situation. He was calling me all kinds of names, cursing me in rude Hindi language. When those people, who I called earlier, showed up, we went to a coffee house. He was accusing me that I made his place dirty, that I pay 600 dollars and next months's rent and utilities. Finally, I agreed to pay him 600 dollars plus electricity bills. I went to ATM, got cash and gave him. One of his friends counted the cash, and then we left. This was a very unsavory experience. This guy is almost 10 years younger to me, as I am in late 30s.

kevinctech

Star Member
Aug 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2009
Nomination.....
26-11-2009
AOR Received.
28-07-2010
Med's Request
28-07-2010
Med's Done....
31-07-2010
Fall_leafs said:
This is my first time on this forum although I have been regular reader of this forum. I want to share my unique experience. I am one of guys who did medicals in July and waiting for PR request. My file has been transferred to a local visa office. To save expenses, I started sharing a apartment. I was not on lease. My H1b transfer is in process. I had a RRE, to which my employer haven't replied as I do not have a project. As per my lawyer, I have 180 days from the date of my I-94 validity to leave US. So, I thought, I wait it out for couple of months as this is fourth month since my medicals. My roommate was fighting with me on small-small things. Most of the time I kept quite. I decided to move out yesterday. I packed my things and was waiting in the apartment for him to show up so I leave properly. When he came home, I told him I am leaving and I would like to clear my bills. He started making unreasonable demands. He told me that if I do not pay him next month's rent and utilities plus 600 dollars cleaning charges, he is going to call COPS and tell them that I stole this stuff. To make long story short, I videotaped all this blackmailing conversation on phone. Not to involve police, since my immigration status is uncertain, I called one of his friends and one of our ex-roommate. He was very aware of my immigration situation. He was calling me all kinds of names, cursing me in rude Hindi language. When those people, who I called earlier, showed up, we went to a coffee house. He was accusing me that I made his place dirty, that I pay 600 dollars and next months's rent and utilities. Finally, I agreed to pay him 600 dollars plus electricity bills. I went to ATM, got cash and gave him. One of his friends counted the cash, and then we left. This was a very unsavory experience. This guy is almost 10 years younger to me, as I am in late 30s.
Hey Fall_Leafs, its sad to know, but trust me, you are not the only person who has experienced these kind of things, there are lot more people like you. Don't loose hope, good time will come for you soon. GOD BLESS ALL!!

rezendgi

Dec 5, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2008
Doc's Request.
24-11-2009
Nomination.....
09-12-2009
AOR Received.
06-07-2010
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
16-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2010
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Today, I got my passport with visa stamped. The expiry date is 9 months from the date of stamping and it is a one time entry - I was initially under the impression that it was 6 months from the stamping date. For those who thought the same as me, a small update for you all !!

Wish you good luck guys !!!

I need to start thinking about the landing stuff now :)

King80

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
20/07/2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NY Jan 05, 2011
Med's Request
20/07/2010
Med's Done....
12/08/2010 (reached Ottawa Sep 8th ,2010)
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
March 07 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2011
LANDED..........
waiting
Experts
i recently moved from one apartment to other same city. Can you guide me how to change address with buffalo consulate.
My medicals reached on 8th sep.

ag_tou

Star Member
Jun 3, 2009
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2009
Doc's Request.
20-02-2010 (AINP Doc Request)
Nomination.....
08-05-2010
AOR Received.
9 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Never Transferred
Med's Request
9 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
Sometime in the last week of December
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
April 2011 - Last week
LANDED..........
6th May 2011
Here is the information about how to send the changed address

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/change_address-changement_adresse.aspx?lang=eng

King80 said:
Experts
i recently moved from one apartment to other same city. Can you guide me how to change address with buffalo consulate.
My medicals reached on 8th sep.

Avalap

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Dude,

Trees shed leaves in Fall, withstand tough winter and survive to live a beautiful spring.
Good and bad experiences are part of life, dont let the bad moments discourage you.

Per your lawyer - You have 180 days of legal status.
Canada immigration- Your file is with local Canadian consulate - means you can expect the good news of passport request within 90 days.
Your Unsavory Experience - Bad experiences do teach good things in life. May be this unpleasant experience will help you avert a major havoc in the future.

Be OPTIMISTIC and have a good time. My prayers and wishes for peace and happiness in your life.

Good Luck!!

Fall_leafs said:

Ambitious07

Star Member
Mar 6, 2009
Hi seniors,

I think I made a mistake and send my docs on following address. Plz let me know if it is wrong address? I found one applicant mentioned different address on page 419.

Canadian Consulate General
Immigration Regional Program Centre
1 HSBC Center, Suite 3000
Buffalo, New York 14203-2884
USA

I will be thankful and appreciate your prompt response.

canadiens

Star Member
Apr 18, 2009
Looks correct to me!

Ambitious07 said:
Hi seniors,

I think I made a mistake and send my docs on following address. Plz let me know if it is wrong address? I found one applicant mentioned different address on page 419.

USA

needhelp123

May 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-2009
Doc's Request.
Nov-2009
Nomination.....
Dec-2009
AOR Received.
May-7-2010
Med's Request
May-7-2010
Med's Done....
Jun-10-2010
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Aug-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Sep-2010
Quick specific question about the details of the landing itself:

At the ariport, do they take the "Goods Carrying with you (i.e. B4 and B4A forms)" and the "Good to Follow (i.e. again B4 and B4A forms)" at the same time? For example, right after you land the officer asks you for both forms. Or as do you have to remember to separately submit the "Good to Follow" forms after you pick up your luggage? Please can one of the senior members or anyone who landed in Calgary let me know. Thanks!

C

cchabert

needhelp123 said:

At the ariport, do they take the "Goods Carrying with you (i.e. B4 and B4A forms)" and the "Good to Follow (i.e. again B4 and B4A forms)" at the same time? For example, right after you land the officer asks you for both forms. Or as do you have to remember to separately submit the "Good to Follow" forms after you pick up your luggage? Please can one of the senior members or anyone who landed in Calgary let me know. Thanks!
I was asking for both forms and also a great total from both forms, this was at the airport, this was my experience.

Cheers!

rubyalabar

Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2010
Nomination.....
21-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2010 (Aug.6 rec'vd by Ottawa)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2011
LANDED..........
04-02-2011
needhelp123 said:

i think you need to bring both B4 for goods accompanying and goods to follow. i read in qorax's post that you have to prepare 2 copies of each and have your copy stamped by customs (CBSA). then, when your goods to follow arrives, you show them the stamped B4 when you claim it from customs, to make sure you don't pay taxes on it.

rezendgi

Dec 5, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2008
Doc's Request.
24-11-2009
Nomination.....
09-12-2009
AOR Received.
06-07-2010
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
16-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2010
LANDED..........
Not Yet
The address is right!!

Ambitious07 said:
Hi seniors,

USA