Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 17 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 07 2011
LANDED..........
Mar 12 2011 (Windsor, ON)
Wendy2
Tracking number from the doctors office.......if your doctor doesn't provide tracking number then all you can do is wait on CIC ecas website to be updated.
-virgos

Wendy2 said:
I apologize if this is a stupid question, but how do you find out when your medicals get to Ottawa?

Thanks.

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
Wendy2 said:
I apologize if this is a stupid question, but how do you find out when your medicals get to Ottawa?

Thanks.
Try to get the tracking number for the courier from your doctor.

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,

I did my medicals on Sept 2nd. Spoke with the Dr.'s office today. They gave me the FedEx tracking number which shows that my medicals have been recieved by Ottawa on Friday Sept, 10. It was signed for by someone named, R.FILMAN.

arajesh5

Star Member
Aug 31, 2008
Hello folks, Here is a small note I thought may be useful.

My situation: I landed on Jul 4 and have not received my PR cards yet, at the address I provided CBSA during landing.

What did I do: Went to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/call.asp to call up Canada. It dint work from any phone from the US - Gtalk / Skype / Cell / Regular homephone / Voip like vonage ehmm - no it dint work.

Solution : 1-613-944-4000 - This worked.

Cheers,
Rajesh

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Done:July 26 2010,Delivered:Aug 4 2010
procan said:
Hi Chigirl..thanks for the advice.

My intention is going to Alberta, Canada only. my concern was availability of flights from India to Canada.
Any members of the forum have already gone through that, I just want to know their experience.
Thanks!
Hi Procan,

My visa is going to expire in sep,& I'm already in inida.Do I need to change my case to new delhi ,india ?I have mail forwarding to someone I
know so that processing will continue.

iAlberta

Star Member
Mar 22, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/Mar/2009
Doc's Request.
16/Dec/2009
Nomination.....
11/Jan/2010
AOR Received.
01/Jun/2010
Med's Request
01/Jun/2010
Med's Done....
04/Jun/2010
Passport Req..
27/Aug/2010
checked ecase just now, I see a update on my status.....

We started processing your application on May 19, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

Ambitious07

Star Member
Mar 6, 2009
Hi,

We are expecting new family member soon. I just want to know how much time usually we get for medical exam? and how can I add my new kid on my application? Do I need to inform CIC now or later?

I'll appreciate prompt response.

Thank you

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations for the new blessings in the family. I imagine you may need to contact your AINP PNP officer to see if they need to add the new born in your family's nomination list.

If your baby is born in USA please make sure you stay on top of the paper work (I repeat, very very very IMPORTANT) like Proof of birth from Hospital, Birth certificate, SSN and finally the passport. AINP & CIC would need a copy of your baby's passport to be able to do further processing.

Ambitious07 said:
Hi,

We are expecting new family member soon. I just want to know how much time usually we get for medical exam? and how can I add my new kid on my application? Do I need to inform CIC now or later?

Thank you

procan

Star Member
Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2009
Doc's Request.
05-11-2009
Nomination.....
17-11-2009 CIC App. Filed.: 12-03-2010
AOR Received.
28-06-2010
Med's Request
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
25-08-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2011
LANDED..........
23-06-2011
engg said:
Hi Procan,

My visa is going to expire in sep,& I'm already in inida.Do I need to change my case to new delhi ,india ?I have mail forwarding to someone I
know so that processing will continue.
Have you got your nomination already?
If you have got your nomination already then you dont have to worry. They will not transfer. Process will continue as it is.
you can either change your address (india) or authorize someone in US itself and give their address. it will help in the end..bcos, CIC will not send passports out of the country.
let me know if you need any other clarifications.

procan

Star Member
Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2009
Doc's Request.
05-11-2009
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
28-06-2010
Med's Request
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
25-08-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2011
LANDED..........
23-06-2011
Ambitious07 said:
Hi,

Thank you
Once you get your nomination, then you dont have to worry about Ainp. At this point you dont hve to do anything. Once baby is born inform CIC. You normally get 60 days to complete the medicals. After they recieved the requred doc they asked for they sent the medical form for my son in 2 weeks. Please le me know if u need any more info.
please see the email below from CIC to add your new kid.

Dear Madam / Sir,
This is in response to your email (see below).
In order to add your child to your application, we require the following documents:
processing fee for your child (if accompanying you to Canada)
your child’s birth certificate
copy of your child’s valid passport
3 recent photographs of your child
updated IMM0008 Generic for yourself and updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form for yourself and your spouse.
a “Certificat de Sélection du Québec” for your child ( in his or her name), if you wish to immigrate to the province of Québec (http://www.micc.gouv.qc.ca/fr/index.asp)
Copies of the original documents with original certified translations into English or French are required. All documents must be sent by mail or fax (see fax number and address below).
Your child must undergo a medical examination. We will send you the appropriate form upon receipt of the documents listed above. Be aware that even non-accompanying dependants must undergo medical examinations.
Application forms, fees schedule, payment methods and photo specifications are available on our Web site www.buffalo.gc.ca.
Any changes to your situation will likely affect processing times of your file.
You must also take into account that the amount of money that you need to have to support your family is determined by the size of your family and the cost of living in Canada. Therefore, as your family size has changed, you must increase the amount of settlement funds required to immigrate to Canada. For more information go to: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp
Important: Note that if your child was born in Canada or if one parent is a Canadian citizen, the child is a Canadian citizen. If that is the case, you do not need to add the child to your application, no medical examination or fee is required. You must, however, send us a copy of the child’s birth certificate. You should also contact the Consular section of the Canadian Embassy nearest to you to make sure the child has the appropriate travel document. See these Web pages for information:
http://www.voyage.gc.ca/main/foreign/fordest/foreign_view_client-en.asp
http://www.voyage.gc.ca/main/about/service_standards-en.asp
For future reference, in all correspondence to our office, please refer to the applicant's full name, date of birth and file number.
We will contact you if there is any further information we require.
Regards,
Canadian Consulate General Buffalo
Immigration Section
Fax 716 858 9591buffalo-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

procan

Star Member
Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2009
Doc's Request.
05-11-2009
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
28-06-2010
Med's Request
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
25-08-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2011
LANDED..........
23-06-2011
Ambitious07 said:
Hi,

Thank you
here is the response from AiNP,

Dear xxxxxxx,

The AINP part of your application has been finalized.

All current and future correspondence and inquiries regarding your application for Permanent Residence must be made with CIC. File processing must continue with Buffalo. Here is the link to contact information in Buffalo: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/buffalo.asp

You MUST advise Buffalo of your new address. If they send you any correspondence and it is returned as undeliverable, your file will likely be closed. You should also arrange for any mail delivered to your former U.S. address to be forwarded to you.

Also provide Buffalo with the details regarding your new child. AINP does not require copies of the documents.

Regards,

Roberta

procan

Star Member
Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2009
Doc's Request.
05-11-2009
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
28-06-2010
Med's Request
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
25-08-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2011
LANDED..........
23-06-2011
Ambitious07 said:
Hi,

Thank you
you have to wait until you get your AOR and then contact CIC.

if you contact them before that..here is the response...

Please allow at least 30 weeks between our receipt of an application and its return to you or our sending of the acknowledgment of receipt letter.
Please wait until you hear from us with further instructions and do not contact our office or send in any further documentation during that period.
Canadian Consulate General Buffalo
Immigration Section
buffalo-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Done:July 26 2010,Delivered:Aug 4 2010
procan said:
Have you got your nomination already?
If you have got your nomination already then you dont have to worry. They will not transfer. Process will continue as it is.
you can either change your address (india) or authorize someone in US itself and give their address. it will help in the end..bcos, CIC will not send passports out of the country.
let me know if you need any other clarifications.
Hi Procan,

I have got the nomination already,and I have got AOR as well.I have sent my medicals too,medicals reached ottawa on aug 4.My ecas status is IN-PROGRESS.And I had changed my address to someone's in US.Do we have to tell them that I'm not in US anymore .I moved to india 3-4 weeks ago.

procan

Star Member
Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2009
Doc's Request.
05-11-2009
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
28-06-2010
Med's Request
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
25-08-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2011
LANDED..........
23-06-2011
engg said:
Hi Procan,

I have got the nomination already,and I have got AOR as well.I have sent my medicals too,medicals reached ottawa on aug 4.My ecas status is IN-PROGRESS.And I had changed my address to someone's in US.Do we have to tell them that I'm not in US anymore .I moved to india 3-4 weeks ago.
I am also in the same boat. My time line is one month later than yours. My medicals reached Ottawa on Sep 2. I had to wait for a while to get my sons's medical form.
I have informed them the address change. Its up to you to do it. But the PPR is done by email. But still you have to send the passports right? So, you need your friends address in US. You can use them as your rep to send the passports for you. CIC wont send passports outside US. Couple of us are in the same situation. Please keep us in the loop.

snelectron

Sep 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
Doc's Request.
23-11-2010
Nomination.....
15-03-2010
AOR Received.
23-11-2010
Med's Request
23-11-2010
lightsinthemist said:
Hi Snelectron

Just from the previous timeline of candidates it usually takes 4+ months from the date of submission of application or 3+ months from the date of encashing the checks to get an AOR/Medicals from CIC.
(Source: Please read through the previous posts in this thread from a few months past to get an idea of this ) .

Your check would have been encashed by August 8th or so....Expect your medicals by 3rd week of October.

CIC typically does not communicate with the candidate before this to convey any updates.

Hope this helps

Hello Lightsinthemist..Thanks for the info..yes this surely does help!
lightsinthemist