+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

arajesh5

Star Member
Aug 31, 2008
Hey lightsinthemist and pk, Am a power systems engineer working in relay protection, power flow and power system stability :). Finally souls other than IT : )

and oh! I am writing my PE this october. .. PE-Power.

lightsinthemist said:
:)Wooooohoooooo!!!!!

Good to know a fellow electrical engineer .My masters was in electrical engineering however have been working on the power electronics side for couple of years in california.

Man have been searching for electrical/electronics fellow applicants since ages on this board. If everything goes smoothly and we get those golden PR cards the employment scenario in Canada in general and Alberta specifically looks good with openings in Oil companies for both Power/Instrumentation etc etc. Ontario seems to have much more openings but that might have to wait untill the 2 yrs are done in Alberta.

We should definetly stay in touch !!! Cheers.

Lightsinthemist

arajesh5

Star Member
Aug 31, 2008
Congrats Priya / Alvida

priya86 said:
Hi Guys,

I am back from Alberta using AVR. Everything worked really good. Me and my spouse landed in middle of the night last week. Went thru' three officers. First one checked our paperwork and directed us to second one. Second again confirmed everything, and gave us the last page of CORP document and welcomed us to canada. Third one stamped our list of accompanying goods and lists of goods to follow. One of each form, he kept it with him and another one gave us as proof. While exiting gave our declaration cards to the officer at the gate. Everybody was soo nice and polite. Approximately 30 mins together from landing to entering in Canada.

Then went to hotel stayed there for 3 days. Second day morning, went to SIN office (got SIN immediately on paper and card will come later in the post), then went to health card office. Finished 2 important tasks. Then went to open the bank account. We had all money in form of traveler's check, thinking that it will get immediately converted to Canadian currency when we will go to the bank. But we were wrong. Traveler's checks are from american express and it will take 1 month to clear out (21 business days). So we have money in account but of no use till next one month. Good a thing that our friend is there, from whom we borrowed the Canadian currency. My advice: dont take travelers check. Take only cash.

Then rented a bachelor apartment for $800.00 (without lease) for my spouse who stayed back. Where lady asked us to provide proof of income or bank statement and $525.00 (security deposit and application fees)

I left for USA. Used AVR without any hassle except one....the immigration officer was very rude. He was may be thinking that he is offering some thing out of his pocket. But, who cares as long as everything worked out. Immigration clearance office for USA is located on the Canadian airport itself. So, custom/immigration clearance was done at the Canadian Airport itself. So, when landed in USA, just headed straight to exit door.

One big difference between americans and canadians. Americans: rude, moody and crazy people. Canadians: Everybody is with smiling faces, polite and friendly.

God's grace We dint apply for Green card of USA.

Thanks all for your great support to making our journey so nice to the stage of freedom. And good luck to you all and see you all in Canada.

Bye Bye.
Alvida

petesampras

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/03/2010
Nomination.....
19/11/2009
AOR Received.
07/02/2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
10/11/2010 to LA
Med's Request
02/07/2010
Med's Done....
14/07/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17/12/2010
VISA ISSUED...
06/01/2011
LANDED..........
03/07/2011
Congrats Priya for successful landing

petesampras

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/03/2010
Nomination.....
19/11/2009
AOR Received.
07/02/2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
10/11/2010 to LA
Med's Request
02/07/2010
Med's Done....
14/07/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17/12/2010
VISA ISSUED...
06/01/2011
LANDED..........
03/07/2011
Has anybody with medical done in June/July timeframe has received Passport request???

pk933

Apr 28, 2009
USA
Hi Rajesh,
Great to hear from another EE guy here. sounds like you are working for some Electrical utlitly ? what software you guys use for these studeis..is it SKM or ESDA?
what state you are working and taking PE ?
arajesh5 said:
Hey lightsinthemist and pk, Am a power systems engineer working in relay protection, power flow and power system stability :). Finally souls other than IT : )

and oh! I am writing my PE this october. .. PE-Power.

pokha69

Star Member
Jan 31, 2008
josephdadreamer said:
Whats the current time frame after sending the medicals?
I believe people are getting PPR after a month or two after doing their medicals according to couple of folks in this forum. In my case two months have already been passed..

hsetin

Star Member
Jul 29, 2009
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2012
AOR Received.
11-12-2012
File Transfer...
11-12-2012
Med's Done....
01-11-2012
Passport Req..
01-03-2013

Any Civil Engineers on the forum?
(I see a lot of IT folks )
Especially those who are already in Alberta?
I have collected some sources of information for employment opportunities, Would be glad to share and discuss with other Civil/Transportation/Traffic/Highway Engineers.

josephdadreamer

Nov 24, 2008
Hello Hsetin,

I am a IT and Telecom guy, my wife is A Civil Engineer. Hope we could get in touch one day in Alberta.

hsetin said:

I have collected some sources of information for employment opportunities, Would be glad to share and discuss with other Civil/Transportation/Traffic/Highway Engineers.

Qureshi

Star Member
Nov 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
Doc's Request.
16-05-2010
Nomination.....
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
Feb 02, 2011
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Done....
Feb 15, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 4th , 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 10th, 2011
LANDED..........
Sep 20th 2011
Hi Hestin,

I am Civil Engineer, applied under code 2131. currently filed application with CIC in July 27th, 2010.
Please keep me in loop as mutually we can share a lot of stuff. Where dod yo stand in term of Alberta status.

Thanks,

hsetin said:

hsetin

Star Member
Jul 29, 2009
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2012
AOR Received.
11-12-2012
File Transfer...
11-12-2012
Med's Done....
01-11-2012
Passport Req..
01-03-2013
Qureshi,
I am in the last step, I have to submit my passport. So its time for me to update my resume and shoot it all over Alberta.
What line of work are you in ?
Building Construction/ Constru Mgmnt or are you also in traffic /transportation?
josephdadreamer and Qureshi, lets stay in touch, please share with me your emails.

Qureshi

Star Member
Nov 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
Doc's Request.
16-05-2010
Nomination.....
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
Feb 02, 2011
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Done....
Feb 15, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 4th , 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 10th, 2011
LANDED..........
Sep 20th 2011
Hsetin,

Good to hear, click my nick on the page and you can access my yahoo id. I have checked your's but its missing over there. Please update it
or write to me on my ID so I will have yours too.

Secondly I am working as an Office Engineer for the last three years in Movable Bridges, and before that I have worked in building construction for
couple of years. So I can put myself more in management. Also I have worked as a Traffic Engineer for 6 months.

How about you.,

hsetin said:
Qureshi,
I am in the last step, I have to submit my passport. So its time for me to update my resume and shoot it all over Alberta.
What line of work are you in ?
Building Construction/ Constru Mgmnt or are you also in traffic /transportation?
josephdadreamer and Qureshi, lets stay in touch, please share with me your emails.

canadatryingguy

Star Member
Dec 19, 2009
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
09-11-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1 - 24-11-2016 & AOR 2 - 19-12-2016
File Transfer...
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
29-09-2016
Interview........
Not applicable
Passport Req..
14-05-2017
Dear All:

Today (August 16th) i checked my mailbox and found the email requesting for passport and RPRF. The email came from - BFALOIMPA-AP@international.gc.ca

I went to CIC website to check the status of my application. And i saw that a new line has been added. The new line says - "Medical results have been received." This line was not there yesterday (August 15th)

For further information, i completed my medical on June 24th. The complete medical file reached to its destination on June 30th. It took 1.5 (one and half) month to receive the request for passport.

Please update my timeline.

Thanks