desikiVAAT

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadatryingguy said:
You guys are totally mixing two things.

Point 1 - You receive AOR and Medical request in one envelop. You fix the appointment for medical, complete your medical and doctor sends your medical report to CIC. This is the end. You don't have to do anything else.

Point 2 - One week after you receive your AOR/medical request, you are very much likely to get another letter from CIC asking for additional documents. Whatever additional document CIC needs will be marked. People are likely to get request to submit their FBI/PCC etc. In the same letter there will be a line saying that if you have not submitted your RPRF, submit it now. But this line will not be marked.

Priya got the same letter mentioned in point 2. And if my memory serves me right, she was asked to submit the FBI record. She also read the line saying that if you have not submitted your RPRF, submit it now. But it was not marked. Yet, she sent it with her FBI report (good for her).

I hope its clear now !!!
Thanks! this was clear. Point 1. was the way i was expecting it to be. Good to hear from someone who has been through this process already.

Xprime

Oct 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arajesh5 said:
Sad state of affairs for me guys ...

I am in Buffalo, NY now. I crossed over into Canada across the Peace Bridge - and appropriately was sent to the immigration canada's office there. After like a 20 minute wait - an officer called me. He asked me if I had an address in Alberta. I said No. He asked me if I have a rental apartment in Alberta. I said No. He asked me if I have a job in Alberta. I said No. After a while he went inside - came back and asked me for the Manitoba (my friends') address I had. He went back in. Came out again - and said his conscience does not tell him I am wanting to live in Alberta. He directed me towards US. I crossed the border back into the US. US officers took less than 5 minutes to check my passport. They let me in. I am now in Niagara Falls.

The officer in Canada asked me to come back Monday 9 AM alberta time (11 AM Niagara Falls time). He told me he will call up Alberta AINP / CIC and check if I should be let in.

Thinking .... Feeling irritated. The US atleast let me in. The moments I spent crossing the bridge back to the US ... sheesh - was so bad. I was in no man's land then. lol ... either way - finished venting ... pass me your thoughts pls..

cheers,
Hi Arajesh,

I mentioned i guess 2 weeks back that guys at least have address in Alberta otherwise canada IO was not allowing me to do landing. But anyhow i made her feel that i will go to alberta and this temp address. So she did my landing formalities and warn me that i should have my own address( like lease on my name). otherwise this whole PR stuff will be in jeopardy.

Anyways good luck rajesh.

-Ben

Mods777

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
Gurus,

Who landed on AINP and came back, I need a piece of advice:

- Can you get the PR card if you stay longer in canada lets say for 30 days.
- While coming back to US on H1BAVR do the US care if you landed in canada (even though you have a pending 485).
- Which option is better to have H1B Stamped and then come back or just use AVR.

Also one more thing I noticed here people going for landing and coming back in a day. I was wondering they would not be able to get a PR card by that time so whats a travel document you would need when you want to re-enter and how to apply.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

canadatryingguy

Star Member
Dec 19, 2009
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
09-11-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1 - 24-11-2016 & AOR 2 - 19-12-2016
File Transfer...
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
29-09-2016
Interview........
Not applicable
Passport Req..
14-05-2017
Ben:

You are right. I remember you mentioned that couple of weeks back. And it shows the value of reading past messages.

Best Regards

Xprime said:
Hi Arajesh,

I mentioned i guess 2 weeks back that guys at least have address in Alberta otherwise canada IO was not allowing me to do landing. But anyhow i made her feel that i will go to alberta and this temp address. So she did my landing formalities and warn me that i should have my own address( like lease on my name). otherwise this whole PR stuff will be in jeopardy.

Anyways good luck rajesh.

-Ben

sam_here

Apr 24, 2009
chigirl said:
Sam; Is there a reason for why you missed the deadline?
Actually i was injured in car accident and went to my country for rehab. when i came back applied to FBI clearance and it took some time. I did talk to AINP and told them my situation. I need to fax a letter and i dont know if there will re-issue or grant me extension on my AINP Nomination or not.

Did anyone came across this situation and how this was handle. Please reply.

Thanks
SAM

canadatryingguy

Star Member
Dec 19, 2009
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
09-11-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1 - 24-11-2016 & AOR 2 - 19-12-2016
File Transfer...
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
29-09-2016
Interview........
Not applicable
Passport Req..
14-05-2017
From my personal experience, get H1B visa stamped.

Life will be less worrisome if you get your H1B visa aligned up with your I-797A or B.

Best Regards

Mods777 said:
Gurus,

Who landed on AINP and came back, I need a piece of advice:

- Can you get the PR card if you stay longer in canada lets say for 30 days.
- While coming back to US on H1BAVR do the US care if you landed in canada (even though you have a pending 485).
- Which option is better to have H1B Stamped and then come back or just use AVR.

Also one more thing I noticed here people going for landing and coming back in a day. I was wondering they would not be able to get a PR card by that time so whats a travel document you would need when you want to re-enter and how to apply.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
sam_here said:
Actually i was injured in car accident and went to my country for rehab. when i came back applied to FBI clearance and it took some time. I did talk to AINP and told them my situation. I need to fax a letter and i dont know if there will re-issue or grant me extension on my AINP Nomination or not.

Did anyone came across this situation and how this was handle. Please reply.

Thanks
SAM
Sam;

Sorry to hear about your accident. It's still the 5th of July. They know that sometimes the FBI verification takes a long time. So, hopefully things will work out for you.

So, good luck to you.

arajesh5

Star Member
Aug 31, 2008
Guys,

First things first - My family and I landed as PRs today. Yes it was successful.

Now, the story - nothing big.

1. One person in this forum helped me with an address in Alberta. I must thank him profusely for it. The address alongwith very useful thoughts from AlbertaOrburst, Manny, AlbertaATJ and Avalap helped me tons.
2. I went to the counter at 11 AM. There was nobody waiting in line. I went straight to the immigration line. A lady officer called me. I went to her and did not let her talk. I said I went there a day ago and that the officer was not convinced with a Manitoba address. Told her I have an Alberta address and am back to complete my landing formalities. She said -- "Thats great". Give me the COPRs. I did. She asked me "Oh provincial nominee". I said Yes. She asked me "When do you intend to move to Canada". I said "In a couple of months when I wrap up job n such." . She asked me to take a seat, called me in 10 minutes and asked me to sign the COPRs.

... Do you notice I used some of your advice here ? lol - even the words in a few places.

Lessons to be learnt:

1. Talk convincingly. It is NOT automatic that your PR is granted at the landing post. Note: I can talk superb. If I cudnt play this game well - that means this task needs preparation. Do you homework - Plan to talk convincingly about how soon you plan to move to Alberta.
2. Have an address in Alberta. The fact that an address in Alberta is not necessary is not completely correct. I did take this part light and it bit me. and Oh - Know what .. I had to stay 2 days nights in the US - all hotels in Niagara Falls and Buffalo were $199 minimum - and thats for very ordinary - no-iron-box-Knights Inn (not an Hampton Inn or Embassy Suites)

and about Canada - I wouldnt relate this to Canada being unwelcoming as a few people tend to think. I think the officer who declined to let me land was doing his work - Check abuse - Check to see if PNPs intend to serve the actual purpose of PNP immigration.

about Service Canada - went at lunch time -so had a good 1 hour wait.

and to the forum - I have seriously not found such a nice bunch before. Kudos guys.

and to myself - A big lesson in life - about ill planning.

Thank you so much .. Srini_72 :) , AlbertaOrbust, Xprime, Josephdadreamer, Avalap, Manny and AlbertaATJ.

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
arajesh5 said:
Guys,

First things first - My family and I landed as PRs today. Yes it was successful.

1. One person in this forum helped me with an address in Alberta. I must thank him profusely for it. The address alongwith very useful thoughts from AlbertaOrburst, Manny, AlbertaATJ and Avalap helped me tons.
2. I went to the counter at 11 AM. There was nobody waiting in line. I went straight to the immigration line. A lady officer called me. I went to her and did not let her talk. I said I went there a day ago and that the officer was not convinced with a Manitoba address. Told her I have an Alberta address and am back to complete my landing formalities. She said -- "Thats great". Give me the COPRs. I did. She asked me "Oh provincial nominee". I said Yes. She asked me "When do you intend to move to Canada". I said "In a couple of months when I wrap up job n such." . She asked me to take a seat, called me in 10 minutes and asked me to sign the COPRs.

... Do you notice I used some of your advice here ? lol - even the words in a few places.

Lessons to be learnt:

1. Talk convincingly. It is NOT automatic that your PR is granted at the landing post. Note: I can talk superb. If I cudnt play this game well - that means this task needs preparation. Do you homework - Plan to talk convincingly about how soon you plan to move to Alberta.
2. Have an address in Alberta. The fact that an address in Alberta is not necessary is not completely correct. I did take this part light and it bit me. and Oh - Know what .. I had to stay 2 days nights in the US - all hotels in Niagara Falls and Buffalo were $199 minimum - and thats for very ordinary - no-iron-box-Knights Inn (not an Hampton Inn or Embassy Suites)

and about Canada - I wouldnt relate this to Canada being unwelcoming as a few people tend to think. I think the officer who declined to let me land was doing his work - Check abuse - Check to see if PNPs intend to serve the actual purpose of PNP immigration.

and to the forum - I have seriously not found such a nice bunch before. Kudos guys.

Thank you so much .. Srini_72 :) , AlbertaOrbust, Xprime, Josephdadreamer, Avalap, Manny and AlbertaATJ.

Rajesh, Manny and other seniors- Thank you for posting. We are learning from your experience.

But then again, if you do not have an SIN number, how can you possibly have a lease etc? I for one, do not know anybody in Alberta.

josephdadreamer

Nov 24, 2008
arajesh5 said:
Guys,

Lessons to be learnt:

Big Congrats to you arajesh5!!!! :-* :-* :-* ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D ;) ;) ;)

priya86

Star Member
Jan 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2008
Nomination.....
27-11-2009 <br>Sent to CIC.....: 20-01-2010<br>MO Cashed.....: 28-01-2010
AOR Received.
26-05-2010
Med's Request
26-05-2010
Med's Done....
27-05-2010
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
30-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2010
arajesh5,

Well done and congrats .

Mods777

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
Rajesh,

Congrats on your successful Landing. I believe you didn't recieve the PR card, would you be getting one at your alberta address. If for some reason you dont get it what document you would be using to again re-enter canada.

Regards

arajesh5 said:
Guys,

Lessons to be learnt:

Xprime

Oct 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arajesh5 said:
Guys,

Lessons to be learnt:

Congrats buddy.....Welcome to the Club....

-Ben

Xprime

Oct 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mods777 said:
Rajesh,

Congrats on your successful Landing. I believe you didn't recieve the PR card, would you be getting one at your alberta address. If for some reason you dont get it what document you would be using to again re-enter canada.

Regards
you can re enter canada by land using COPR and passport only. No need of PR card.

-Ben

Arsenal

May 15, 2009
I got the PPR on July 2nd.

I was ready to leave town for the 4th weekend, before I left, I checked my e-mail ..and oppa .. the PPR. After a LOOOOONG wait.

I got everything ready and send everything this am. Should be there tomorrow AM. I should receive passport back on July 21.

If everything goes smooth, I am going to land before it gets cold. I have a valid H1B Stamp until Dec ..so I should be fine.

How do you guys handle this? I can go there for a week max. Have few relatives but not in Alberta. How can I receive the PR card ?