+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

Xprime

Oct 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
avikashyap said:
My eCas status has another line added in the bottom this morning. "A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.". Also, the overall status changed from In Process to Decision Made.

I hope this is sign of some good news ;D. I hade sent my passports around 3 weeks back to NY on 13th May.
Hi Avi,

Thats good, did you send express package for your passport delivery or just normal.....any update on passport delivery

Regards
Ben

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi Avi,,,,,,
Your wife can use AVR. It is just like my case. I was on Student visa which got expried and than got converted on H1b visa ( never stamped H1b visa on my passport. ) I used AVR on my old expired Student visa to come back to US last week. so technically your wife can also use H4B old expired visa to come back to USA on AVR.

good luck.

avikashyap said:
All -

My wife came on H4 Visa to US and is now on H1b with an expired H4 Visa. So basically there ic change in status as well as expired visa. Is it going to be OK if she uses AVR?

Would really appreciate any responses based on your research or personal experiences.

McLuvin

Star Member
Mar 26, 2009
Hi Guys,

Did anyone or their dependent underwent medical exams when they were pregnant... If so what did they do??

Do they hold off the application process if the individual is pregnant untill the X-Ray reports are made available??

I am expecting my AOR anytime this month or the next.... My wife is pregnant... any inputs on this one will help me...

BR,
McLuvin

avikashyap

Star Member
Nov 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2011
Doc's Request.
Waiting
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Per recvd 29-12-2011
IELTS Request
Completed and sent with application
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Thanks Despo.

Did you print any document to support the usage of AVR? If yes, please provide the link.

Also, do you know if offices are open on Saturday in Canada (SIN, Medical Card)? I believe landing has nothing to do with weekend..

avikashyap

Star Member
Nov 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2011
Doc's Request.
Waiting
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Per recvd 29-12-2011
IELTS Request
Completed and sent with application
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Xprime said:
Hi Avi,

Thats good, did you send express package for your passport delivery or just normal.....any update on passport delivery

Regards
Ben
Ben -

I sent it Via Priority mail and have a return priority mail package in it. I have NOT received the passports yet. Hoping within next 2 days after the status change this morning to 'Decision Made'...lets hope for the best..

priya86

Star Member
Jan 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2008
Nomination.....
27-11-2009 <br>Sent to CIC.....: 20-01-2010<br>MO Cashed.....: 28-01-2010
AOR Received.
26-05-2010
Med's Request
26-05-2010
Med's Done....
27-05-2010
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
30-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2010
aNewHope said:
Once the landing formalities are completed you are both permanent residents and there is no difference between a principal nominee and a dependent nominee (the dependent nominee cannot complete the landing process before the principal nominee though).

You can stay behind, get your PRs and then mail them to your spouse. It should not be a problem at all.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Thanks a lot

priya86

Star Member
Jan 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2008
Nomination.....
27-11-2009 <br>Sent to CIC.....: 20-01-2010<br>MO Cashed.....: 28-01-2010
AOR Received.
26-05-2010
Med's Request
26-05-2010
Med's Done....
27-05-2010
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
30-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2010
despoimmigrant said:
congrts Shyliiiiiiiiiii. How does it feel dude? great going? did you apply for Health card?

Hi Priyaaaaaaaaaaaa,

You can do as you mentioned in your previous post.
Dear desp thanks

rabzee

Star Member
Oct 21, 2008
Hi,
Well we are in the same boat, We received our AOR/Medical request in January 2010, but they asked us to wait for 3 months before going into medical exam. In March we got letter from Buffalo for completion of Medical and send them the RPRF. We did our medicals but spouse did not went through any Xray as we dont want to take any risk but we have send those medical reports with RPRF (Our RPRF has been en-cashed). Now we are waiting for our baby to arrive in June. so that we can do the xrays.But have not heard anything from CIC since we send our medicals.

Hope it will help you in some way.

McLuvin said:
Hi Guys,

Did anyone or their dependent underwent medical exams when they were pregnant... If so what did they do??

Do they hold off the application process if the individual is pregnant untill the X-Ray reports are made available??

I am expecting my AOR anytime this month or the next.... My wife is pregnant... any inputs on this one will help me...

BR,
McLuvin

McLuvin

Star Member
Mar 26, 2009
Hi Rabzee,

thanks for the information and congrats ;D :D ;D

So when u recieved ur AOR/Medicals, you informed CIC about your current situation and they asked you to wait for 3 months before you proceed further??

Please let me know as this would help me take steps that could save time...

BR,
McLuvin

rabzee said:
Hi,
Well we are in the same boat, We received our AOR/Medical request in January 2010, but they asked us to wait for 3 months before going into medical exam. In March we got letter from Buffalo for completion of Medical and send them the RPRF. We did our medicals but spouse did not went through any Xray as we dont want to take any risk but we have send those medical reports with RPRF (Our RPRF has been en-cashed). Now we are waiting for our baby to arrive in June. so that we can do the xrays.But have not heard anything from CIC since we send our medicals.

Hope it will help you in some way.

shyli

Star Member
Feb 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Newyork
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/15/2009
Nomination.....
07/30/2009
File Transfer...
08/18/2009
Med's Done....
09/16/2009
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
12/17/2009
VISA ISSUED...
1/4/2010
LANDED..........
5/31/2010
You are required to show proof of fund at the time of landing irrespective of what channel you got your PR through.

Jacaranda said:
Hi Shyli,

Why were you asked to show funds, I thought AINP nominees dont have to show that?

thanks

rabzee

Star Member
Oct 21, 2008
Actually we informed both AINP and CIC in November 2009,about the new situation. and about the 3 months delay, i have read in trackitt or some other website that they have send the same letter to others also. So i am not sure it was due to pregnancy or what.

stlguy

Star Member
Oct 21, 2008
My landing Experience:

I took a rental car and decided to use the Peace Bridge in Buffalo to make the landing.

- There were 2 or 3 cars ahead of me in the check-post and my heart was pounding as i was inching closer to the officer.

- I had separate folders for the passports, COPR, Proof of Funds, Supporting documents etc.

- The officer greeted me, and i told him i have come here to complete the PR landing formalities

- He asked for passports and the COPR. He checked them and gave a yellow sheet with something scribbled. He asked me if i will have goods to follow, if i have anything illegal with me or any guns. He then asked me to park the car and go into the building.

- Inside there was a small queue with one person ahead of me. The officer called me in less than 2 minutes

- I gave the officer passports and the COPR. Officer asked what class i got the nomination. I said Alberta PNP

- She smirked and asked a question if Alberta sponsored me, why i am landing in Buffalo. I told her i have friends in Toronto, so first landed there and then once i get a job in Alberta, i will move there. She was fine with my answer

- She asked me for my address in Canada. I gave one and she asked me if it will be my permanent residence. I said it is a temporary accommodation for a couple of months. She was fine with it.

- She told me that my goods list should be shown to the customs.

- She then asked me and my wife to sign on some papers and finally said the phrase i was waiting for 'Welcome to Canada! You now have all the rights of a Canadian Citizen except for voting in Federal Elections'

- Went to customs, they just stamped the forms

- Then went to SIN office in Niagara Falls, where it was a 10 minute job to get the SIN number

- Spent couple of days in Niagara falls over the weekend and in Toronto. On Monday opened a bank account and then traveled back to the US through Detroit

- US to Canada border crossing was very simple, no questions asked.. Just checked our passports.

Feels so great that i do not have an expiry date anymore on my forehead. Thanks a ton to everyone in this forum.. You all have helped a lot in my looong journey through this process.

iAlberta

Star Member
Mar 22, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/Mar/2009
Doc's Request.
16/Dec/2009
Nomination.....
11/Jan/2010
AOR Received.
01/Jun/2010
Med's Request
01/Jun/2010
Med's Done....
04/Jun/2010
Passport Req..
27/Aug/2010
got my aor/medical request today.

application sent: jan 20th
check enchased: jan 29th
aor/medicals received: june 1st

pokha69

Star Member
Jan 31, 2008
iAlberta said:
got my aor/medical request today.

application sent: jan 20th
check enchased: jan 29th
aor/medicals received: june 1st
Congratulations,
I am two days behind you, and hoping to get by end of this week. Were you able to check your status online before getting your AOR using the number on encashed check?
Thanks..