+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

Xprime

Oct 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
avikashyap said:
I sent my passports for Visa stamping on 13th MAY and have NOT heard back anything yet. My eCAS status still shows 'In Process". Does anyone know, how much time does NY consulate take to return the passports?
Hey Avi,

Did you get your passport back from NY.....with visa ?

Regards
Ben

avikashyap

Star Member
Nov 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2011
Doc's Request.
Waiting
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Per recvd 29-12-2011
IELTS Request
Completed and sent with application
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Ben -

Not yet. I am still waiting for my passports to come back. It has beeen couple of weeks now. Lets see.

Xprime

Oct 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
avikashyap said:
Ben -

Not yet. I am still waiting for my passports to come back. It has beeen couple of weeks now. Lets see.

Thanks Avi...and Good luck i hope ur passport is on way....just keep the forum posted about your updated....

Regards
Ben.

purpleyum

May 17, 2010
please help me, just want to know if I can apply now to AINP but my h1b visa was just last Oct 2009 but my previous visa was h2b for 8 months (does it count). Do you think i can pass my application now or should i wait for my h1b visa up to 1 year, Im hoping that if i can apply now and it will take 6 months then my visa will be more than a year by then?

arajesh5

Star Member
Aug 31, 2008
I fear not purpleyum. I guess H2B will not be counted towards this. AINP is pretty strict in checking for the validity and current legal status of your h1b.

purpleyum said:
please help me, just want to know if I can apply now to AINP but my h1b visa was just last Oct 2009 but my previous visa was h2b for 8 months (does it count). Do you think i can pass my application now or should i wait for my h1b visa up to 1 year, Im hoping that if i can apply now and it will take 6 months then my visa will be more than a year by then?

avikashyap

Star Member
Nov 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2011
Doc's Request.
Waiting
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Per recvd 29-12-2011
IELTS Request
Completed and sent with application
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I sent my passports on 13th May to NY. Still waiting for eCase status to get updated....Any idea why is it taking soo loong???? Getting worried now..

arajesh5

Star Member
Aug 31, 2008
Send them an email Avi - re-CNGNY-IM-E@international.gc.ca ... see if it works .. !! They replied back to me when I asked them for the status of my passports.

G luk :)

Sinbad

Star Member
Jun 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 9,2010
LANDED..........
Apr 24,2011
Good to see Jan Applicants receiving AOR/Medicals. Long way to go for the MAR applicants.

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
spss1 said:
I got nominated by Alberta and I have submitted the permanent resident application to the Buffalo office. What happens if I lose my job (Currently on H1-B) after applying to Buffalo office? Since I am n H1-B, I will have to go back to my home country (India), will my application gets void? Can I reapply from India?

What is general process under this situation?
Hi spss1;

My understanding is once you have been nominated, it is not required that you still have to be on your H1B.

priya86

Star Member
Jan 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2008
Nomination.....
27-11-2009 <br>Sent to CIC.....: 20-01-2010<br>MO Cashed.....: 28-01-2010
AOR Received.
26-05-2010
Med's Request
26-05-2010
Med's Done....
27-05-2010
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
30-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2010
Friends I am posting it again,

Me and my spouse will soon enter to Canada for PR purpose. My spouse is a principle applicant.
Now my spouse has to continue job in USA for a while. So in this case my question is.

Can principle applicant come back to USA ASAP after landing in CANADA without getting the PR card,
whereas other dependent can stay back in Canada and receive the PR card and mail back the PR card to the principle applicant in USA, in order for later entry in Canada?

I know that previously somebody suggested AVR. But I don't know what it means and how can I use it?

Thanks,
Priya

aNewHope

Star Member
Feb 24, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Once the landing formalities are completed you are both permanent residents and there is no difference between a principal nominee and a dependent nominee (the dependent nominee cannot complete the landing process before the principal nominee though).

You can stay behind, get your PRs and then mail them to your spouse. It should not be a problem at all.

Good luck.

Cheers,

priya86 said:
Friends I am posting it again,

Me and my spouse will soon enter to Canada for PR purpose. My spouse is a principle applicant.
Now my spouse has to continue job in USA for a while. So in this case my question is.

Can principle applicant come back to USA ASAP after landing in CANADA without getting the PR card,
whereas other dependent can stay back in Canada and receive the PR card and mail back the PR card to the principle applicant in USA, in order for later entry in Canada?

I know that previously somebody suggested AVR. But I don't know what it means and how can I use it?

Thanks,
Priya

naxas

Dec 6, 2009
to purpleyum,
When I applied last year on Jan 2009, I had been on H1b just for 4 months. I didn't wait until a year. So, I think you can apply now since you are already in H1B with job.

shyli

Star Member
Feb 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Newyork
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/15/2009
Nomination.....
07/30/2009
File Transfer...
08/18/2009
Med's Done....
09/16/2009
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
12/17/2009
VISA ISSUED...
1/4/2010
LANDED..........
5/31/2010
Finally I came back to USA using AVR after completing my landing procedure.

Here is my experience. Hope this helps others would be PRs.
Could not sleep last night thinking about AVR and what if I'd be denied re-entry to US and blah blah... :(
Reached Rainbow bridge at 9:30 AM on 05/31 along with my spouse and kid. Crossed it praying god that everything should go fine.
No traffic..As soon as I reached Canada side I was stopped at some toll gate kind of structure.
Officer at the window greeted and asked if I'm Canada Citizen. I said no and he asked for my passport and reason for entering Canada. I said landing for PR.
He asked some formal questions like did you buy anything at duty free shop, are you carrying pets in ur vehicle, any firearms, etc?
After I answered all his queries, he gave me yellow slip and asked to park my vehicle at immigration office.
As soon as I parked my vehicle, CBSP officer came out and guided me towards entry door.
I reached immigration desk and the lady officer asked for my passport, yellow slip and CPR.
Then she asked for proof of fund. I showed USD 8000 cash and USD 20,000 cashiers check. She asked for my address in Canada. I gave her Alberta address. Then she asked me to have a seat till she completes the paperwork. It took her around 30 mins and then she called me and asked me and spouse to sign CPR and said "Welcome to Canada. Now you are Canadian PR and you would recieve your PR card in 30 days. You should get your SIN and health card done now."
I went to Service Canada office (very near to rainbow bridge - 5853 Peer Street) and got our SIN application done. It took around 15 mins.
Spent some time at niagara falls to have canadian view of the fall.

Returning to USA ???
Reached Rainbow bridge at around 4:00 PM. There was a huge traffic in each lane at immigration gate (something similar to toll gate).
Finally my turn came and officer asked me for passport. I gave him passport and I797 for all of us. He then asked where do I live. I told him my state in USA. He said "your passport has expired visa. Do you know this?" I said yes. He said "please plan to get that done soon."
and he gave my passport and I797 back and let us enter US ;D

Thank you all for your help.