+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

C

cchabert

ingegarcia said:
Hi Guys
Here is my lading story, etc... BTW the reason if my landing is that by the grace of almighty God I got a job in Edmonton at the beginning of January/2010 and moved to Canada almost 2 weeks ago...

I landed on Jan 28 in Edmonton International Airport. Landing went smooth despite of the fact that I waited for 2 hours in immigration due to the people in front of me were having problems to enter to Canada (one of them was being deported and the other was having problems demonstrating why he was coming to Edmonton)... For me the landing process with the immigration officer took only 15 minutes and I was all set for customs. In customs I was asked for the list of good, goods to follow and rabies certificate of my cat (forgot to mention that I was bringing one of the cats with me). Later I rented a car and then I went to the hotel. Next day after my landing I got my SIN, bank account and health care number.
A week later my wife + my other 2 cats landed in Edmonton. She did not have problems either. She declared more than 15.000USD in customs and did not have any problem about that. No charges at all. The only think was that the officer in customs was asking for the list of goods to follow, since she did not have it the officer was asking for me after sometime the officer let her go.
A week later we rented an apt and I was only asked for 1 month deposit. rent seems to be pretty similar to US...
SInce then life is good so far and I am happy living in Canada as a PR!!!! SInce I lived in a small city (nashua/NH) I am still getting use to a big city and getting more comfortable everyday. I currently don't have a car so I am using public transportation. I love ETS (Edmonton Transit System) b/c I just had to pay the monthly pass and I get as many rides I want :))

I wish all of you good luck in your immigration process!!

BTW Come to Alberta!!!! you'll LOVE IIIIIITTTTTTTT!!!

Hey INGEEEE...Let's go to Vancouver to the Olympics ;-)

moiz4you

Star Member
Oct 16, 2008
Hey Srini and other members

Here is my stamping and landing story....

I drove to buffalo on 8th and stayed at a hotel overnight. I woke up early next morning and went to HSBC center at 8 AM. They made us stand in line in the lobby and a security guard took our passports, scanned it and brought us a visitor pass. After about 10 mins the same guard took us to the 30th Floor and we stood in line for about 5 mins. At the reception counter a lady took our copy of email, passports and 3 pics each for me and my wife. Our name was called at 11.45 am and we got our passports back along with 2 photos and COPR.

We then left the building headed straight for Canadian Border (Fort ERIE). There was no line and we went straight down to booth where an officer asked us the reason for visit (a little rude-guess he had a fight with his wife lols!) and asked us if we had any goods to follow. he looked at our passports, wrote some details on a yellow slip and gave them back to us and told us to go to a building. We went to that building and waited there in line (1 family of 3 (Indians) in front of us). I guess it was lunch time to only one lady officer was on the immigration desk and another officer at customs desk. The Indian family was there for landing, but the officer denied landing because she asked them for proof of funds or an employment letter which they did not have (i didn't have it either. I guess they were not Provincial Nominee). After they left she called us, asked us the reason for visit and then started the paperwork. By the mean time another officer showed up and she asked him to take our photographs. The other officer took us in the back and took our photographs. And while he was clicking our pics he was talking to us generally and very friendly. We came back to the desk, lady officer still working on our papers. She asked us to initial at 2 places and sign at one. (Guys always remember to initial after he/she explains why are you putting your initials at that place. I had this another Indian guy behind me who just initialed before she explained the point and she got real mad and asked him what was the point about where he signed). She then welcomed us to Canada and asked for an address. i had my cousin living in Edmonton but she did not accept and gave us 2 form to complete later when we have our own address.

We then went to customs counter gave them goods to follow list. She stamped and gave us a receipt. We then left the building at about 1 P.M and went to Toronto. I reached Toronto at 3 P.M at a Service Canada center somewhere near Mississauga, applied for SIN number. She gave us that number immediately and told us the cards would be mailed in 5-7 days. I guess i spent about 5 mins in Service Canada Office. We then had a 4 o clock appointment at TD Canada Trust Bank for a bank account. He gave us some options on accounts. Since i am not moving for another 3 months i opened a basic account with 3.95 fee monthly which is waived if you maintain 1000 dollars in the account. We then stayed at a hotel overnight and left for US at 9AM next morning.

I arrived at US border at 11.45 AM (Fort ERIE). Officer at the booth asked me my nationality, took our passports ( I have H1B visa stamped in my passports), asked us where we lived, how many people in the car (I opened all for windows so he can look), how many days in Canada and the reason and then he let us go.

So the landing in Canada and coming back to US was pretty smooth for me.

Thank you for all the help guys. I will still hang around here.

CometoAlberta

Mar 24, 2009
I hope anyone here can give me some suggestion

i plan to send my application to CIC without FBI PCC. if i can send PCC later on? i have all other PCCs except FBI PCC.

hope someone can help answer this question.

GirlOntario

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey moiz4you:

Thanks for briefing. Whatever ease you enjoyed was because of stamped H1B visa. If you had a expired F1/J1 with an approval notice of H1B status then you would have bear thier grilling etc. Actually AVR makes trouble a lot. I think one lesson people should learn is that when land canada, stay there 2-3 months and get the H1B stamping done and then return.

karl

Star Member
Oct 6, 2009
Hey people,
Is it okay to use the same passport size photographs that were used for medical forms for our passport landing visa? I mean is it required to take new ones?
May be stupid question but thought I'd better ask.
TY
Karl

bb0310

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
karl said:
Hey people,
Is it okay to use the same passport size photographs that were used for medical forms for our passport landing visa? I mean is it required to take new ones?
May be stupid question but thought I'd better ask.
TY
Karl
No. It should be on the specification they said. And there's a validity period when the picture was taken, x number of months, forget how long.

monteiromarcosb

Star Member
Feb 12, 2009
moiz4you said:
Hey Srini and other members

Here is my stamping and landing story....

I drove to buffalo on 8th and stayed at a hotel overnight. I woke up early next morning and went to HSBC center at 8 AM. They made us stand in line in the lobby and a security guard took our passports, scanned it and brought us a visitor pass. After about 10 mins the same guard took us to the 30th Floor and we stood in line for about 5 mins. At the reception counter a lady took our copy of email, passports and 3 pics each for me and my wife. Our name was called at 11.45 am and we got our passports back along with 2 photos and COPR.

We then left the building headed straight for Canadian Border (Fort ERIE). There was no line and we went straight down to booth where an officer asked us the reason for visit (a little rude-guess he had a fight with his wife lols!) and asked us if we had any goods to follow. he looked at our passports, wrote some details on a yellow slip and gave them back to us and told us to go to a building. We went to that building and waited there in line (1 family of 3 (Indians) in front of us). I guess it was lunch time to only one lady officer was on the immigration desk and another officer at customs desk. The Indian family was there for landing, but the officer denied landing because she asked them for proof of funds or an employment letter which they did not have (i didn't have it either. I guess they were not Provincial Nominee). After they left she called us, asked us the reason for visit and then started the paperwork. By the mean time another officer showed up and she asked him to take our photographs. The other officer took us in the back and took our photographs. And while he was clicking our pics he was talking to us generally and very friendly. We came back to the desk, lady officer still working on our papers. She asked us to initial at 2 places and sign at one. (Guys always remember to initial after he/she explains why are you putting your initials at that place. I had this another Indian guy behind me who just initialed before she explained the point and she got real mad and asked him what was the point about where he signed). She then welcomed us to Canada and asked for an address. i had my cousin living in Edmonton but she did not accept and gave us 2 form to complete later when we have our own address.

We then went to customs counter gave them goods to follow list. She stamped and gave us a receipt. We then left the building at about 1 P.M and went to Toronto. I reached Toronto at 3 P.M at a Service Canada center somewhere near Mississauga, applied for SIN number. She gave us that number immediately and told us the cards would be mailed in 5-7 days. I guess i spent about 5 mins in Service Canada Office. We then had a 4 o clock appointment at TD Canada Trust Bank for a bank account. He gave us some options on accounts. Since i am not moving for another 3 months i opened a basic account with 3.95 fee monthly which is waived if you maintain 1000 dollars in the account. We then stayed at a hotel overnight and left for US at 9AM next morning.

I arrived at US border at 11.45 AM (Fort ERIE). Officer at the booth asked me my nationality, took our passports ( I have H1B visa stamped in my passports), asked us where we lived, how many people in the car (I opened all for windows so he can look), how many days in Canada and the reason and then he let us go.

So the landing in Canada and coming back to US was pretty smooth for me.

Thank you for all the help guys. I will still hang around here.

Nice story man. Congratulations!!!

You said when you came back to the US the American officer at the border asked you the reason for your visist in Canada. Did you tell him that you were performing landing procedures in Canada? The Canadian officers never asked you for any proof of funds or a job offer?

Again congratulations and good luck!

ZAD

Jun 24, 2009
Guys,

I WANT TO DO MY LANDING IN MARCH AND COME BACK , AND WANTED TO MOVE DURING SUMMER.

IS IT NECESSARY TO SHOW PROOF OF FUND AT LANDING ?

CAN THEY DENY LANDING IF NO PROOF FUND TO SHOW AT THAT TIME ??

C

cchabert

ZAD said:
Guys,

I WANT TO DO MY LANDING IN MARCH AND COME BACK , AND WANTED TO MOVE DURING SUMMER.

IS IT NECESSARY TO SHOW PROOF OF FUND AT LANDING ?

CAN THEY DENY LANDING IF NO PROOF FUND TO SHOW AT THAT TIME ??
If you read your COPR it has a place to put the funds on it, I was ask how much I have but never ask to proof it, but you have to be ready at landing to answer this question or you'll be denied the entry.

ZAD

Jun 24, 2009
cchabert said:
If you read your COPR it has a place to put the funds on it, I was ask how much I have but never ask to proof it, but you have to be ready at landing to answer this question or you'll be denied the entry.
Hi CCH

We sent our passport but have not received COPR yet.

Do I have to show sufficient fund to cover my family or even lesser amount is OK. I do not have right away the amount I put down while filling out CIC forms. I plan to go back in summer and will have funds at that time.

Being a Pronvicial Nominee do we have to show the proof ?

C

cchabert

ZAD said:
Hi CCH

We sent our passport but have not received COPR yet.

Do I have to show sufficient fund to cover my family or even lesser amount is OK. I do not have right away the amount I put down while filling out CIC forms. I plan to go back in summer and will have funds at that time.

Being a Pronvicial Nominee do we have to show the proof ?
Yes you need to proof funds, send me a PM

moiz4you

Star Member
Oct 16, 2008
monteiromarcosb said:
Nice story man. Congratulations!!!

You said when you came back to the US the American officer at the border asked you the reason for your visist in Canada. Did you tell him that you were performing landing procedures in Canada? The Canadian officers never asked you for any proof of funds or a job offer?

Again congratulations and good luck!
Yes the American officer asked me the reason for my visit to Canada and i told him that it was for permanent residence landing formalities.

No Canadian officer never asked me for proof of funds or a job offer. I did not write anything on COPR in term of funds that i am going to bring to Canada when i move.

However the family ahead of me was denied landing because of proof of funds. She asked them to show atleast 16,000 since they were family of 3. I guess being an AINP nominee we are not required to show any proof of funds. But that's just me. Everybody else what do you thinks??????????

ZAD

Jun 24, 2009
Thanks Moiz and CCH

ANY OTHER OPINION ABOUT COMPLETING LANDING FORMALITIES WITHOUT SUFFICIENT FUND ( BEING AN AINP)

srini_72

Star Member
May 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2010
AOR Received.
13-08-2010
File Transfer...
13-07-2010
Med's Done....
28-05-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2010 ( Decision Made on October 25)
Zad,

By the way where do you want to land. when i landed at calgary international airport, no body asked me about how much funds i am bringing. I only showed them my cashier cheque. You can also show bank statements if you want.

srini

karl

Star Member
Oct 6, 2009
CCH / Moiz/ Srini,
Can you please post the link where the amount (required during landing) for the number of people has been mentioned? This will be helpful as I will be landing with my family and need to know how soon and how much I need to arrange for :D
Also Congrats Moiz on the fresh and successful landing!!
Thx,
Karl

cchabert said:
Yes you need to proof funds, send me a PM