ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shyli said:
Nix,

On your blogspot (http://journeytoalberta.blogspot.com), the doc says PR card has validity of 1 or 5 years.
Even the passport request I receievd says my PR Visa would be valid till August 2010.

Is this usual? I heard earlier that we get PR for 5 years always.
PR visa and PR card are two different things. PR visa is valid for one year from the medical date (usually) and PR card is valid for 5 years (I am guessing that the start date on PR card would be the landing date). I have not received my card in my hand yet. I will let you know when I get my card this Monday.

MyAlberta

May 1, 2009
Seniors can any body tell me if it is possible to do medicals before we receive request from CIC. If yes can you please give the form#'s we need to take to Medical practitioners

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i dont think u could do that as they send some printed forms with your file details in it with medical request. it is better to wait till they request for it.

MyAlberta said:
Seniors can any body tell me if it is possible to do medicals before we receive request from CIC. If yes can you please give the form#'s we need to take to Medical practitioners

C

cchabert

despoimmigrant said:
i dont think u could do that as they send some printed forms with your file details in it with medical request. it is better to wait till they request for it.
Agree

shyli

Star Member
Feb 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Newyork
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/15/2009
Nomination.....
07/30/2009
File Transfer...
08/18/2009
Med's Done....
09/16/2009
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
12/17/2009
VISA ISSUED...
1/4/2010
LANDED..........
5/31/2010
I do not have any canadian address for reciving my PR Card.
Is it legal to use rental mailing address to recieve SIN & PR Card like http://www.mailnetwork.com/index.html

Can anyone provide any input on this.

shyli

Star Member
Feb 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Newyork
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/15/2009
Nomination.....
07/30/2009
File Transfer...
08/18/2009
Med's Done....
09/16/2009
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
12/17/2009
VISA ISSUED...
1/4/2010
LANDED..........
5/31/2010
Thanks Nix.
I'm waiting for Monday to send my passport for visa stamping.

I'm also planning to land in coutts sometime in Jan and come back using AVR. Hope everything goes smooth.

nix1 said:
PR visa and PR card are two different things. PR visa is valid for one year from the medical date (usually) and PR card is valid for 5 years (I am guessing that the start date on PR card would be the landing date). I have not received my card in my hand yet. I will let you know when I get my card this Monday.

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey IChintu,

People who got their file transferd on September 9th also started getting PPR. Our file got transferd on 1st September. Did you get PPR request?

Despo

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If anybody is curious and interested, I received my PR cards today. They are finally in my hand. They are so beautiful. I will try to post an image of it (with personal information deleted) soon on my blog.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Congratulations Nix1!!!
Quick question... did you receive the PR card via mail or did you haver to pick it up as shown in the doc you uploaded in your blog (btw very nice blog!!!)...

nix1 said:
If anybody is curious and interested, I received my PR cards today. They are finally in my hand. They are so beautiful. I will try to post an image of it (with personal information deleted) soon on my blog.

bb0310

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
Just wanted to share:

xxx-xx-155
June 25, 2008 - Submitted documents for pre-assessment through email
June 30, 2008 - Got confirmation through email that they received my documents
August 16, 2008 - Received invitation from AINP
September 3, 2008 - AB received my application for PNP (through FedEx tracking)
October 1, 2008 - Got notification through email that they received my application and gave file number.
November 25, 2008 - Nomination Approved.
January 12, 2009 - CIC received my documents (without payment because I requested that they use my current FSW's payment)
April 27, 2009 - Received email from CIC that I need to send them payment and request my FSW to be withdrawed.
April 29, 2009 - CIC received my payment
July 17, 2009 - Received AOR/File Number from CIC and request for Medical Exam.
August 6, 2009 - Medicals Done.
August 14, 2009 - Medicals sent to Ottawa.
October 6, 2009 - File transferred to NY Consulate.
October xx, 2009 - Medicals Received on ecas.
December 23, 2009 - PPR and RPRF request in one letter dated December 17, 2009
December 28, 2009 - Sent PPs and RPRFs

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
despo raises his hands to see Nix's PR card :)

damn bb got his file transferd on october 8th and got PPR :)

congrats bb. Looks like some folks are going to have happy ending of year 2009.

nix1 said:

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nix1 said:
congrats Nix,

I have a doubt..can we provide address other than in alberta to get our PR cards mailed.I dont know anybody in alberta but some people in toronto.

Thanks,
Mouli

GirlOntario

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bb0310 said:
Just wanted to share:

xxx-xx-155
June 25, 2008 - Submitted documents for pre-assessment through email
June 30, 2008 - Got confirmation through email that they received my documents
August 16, 2008 - Received invitation from AINP
September 3, 2008 - AB received my application for PNP (through FedEx tracking)
October 1, 2008 - Got notification through email that they received my application and gave file number.
November 25, 2008 - Nomination Approved.
January 12, 2009 - CIC received my documents (without payment because I requested that they use my current FSW's payment)
April 27, 2009 - Received email from CIC that I need to send them payment and request my FSW to be withdrawed.
April 29, 2009 - CIC received my payment
July 17, 2009 - Received AOR/File Number from CIC and request for Medical Exam.
August 6, 2009 - Medicals Done.
August 14, 2009 - Medicals sent to Ottawa.
October 6, 2009 - File transferred to NY Consulate.
October xx, 2009 - Medicals Received on ecas.
December 23, 2009 - PPR and RPRF request in one letter dated December 17, 2009
December 28, 2009 - Sent PPs and RPRFs
Is that very common that mostly people are getting AOR/Medicals from buffalo in less than 3 month? Is that the case with everybody or just few people.

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ingegarcia said:
Congratulations Nix1!!!
Quick question... did you receive the PR card via mail or did you haver to pick it up as shown in the doc you uploaded in your blog (btw very nice blog!!!)...
Thanks ingegarcia! Good to have you around. We received our PR cards via mail. They were mailed at my friend's address in Calgary. I have removed the doc that had some misleading info regarding PR card. The "pick up in person" rule is for those who apply for renew after 5 years OR those who lose their PR card and need new ones.

Are you still looking for job in Alberta? Any offer? What do you think about the job market in Alberta in IT field?

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emceemouli said:
congrats Nix,

I have a doubt..can we provide address other than in alberta to get our PR cards mailed.I dont know anybody in alberta but some people in toronto.

Thanks,
Mouli
Thansk Mouli!
I have heard people providing addresses in Toronto and other places even though they went through the AINP. You need to search that in Trackitt or may be even in this forum. When I entered Canada, the lady who did my paper work asked this: Do you have an address to mail the PR cards? I said yes maa'm! Then she asked, what is it? I said, sorry! I can't remember, but I have written it on a paper. I pulled the paper out of my bag and handed it to her. She copied the address and gave the paper back. No more questions were asked regarding the address. She did not ask specific address in Alberta. She just ask address.