+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it looks like you will get receipt of your payment and medical together sometime this week.

narsanna said:
Hi Frineds,

I got a 'B' file number today through e-mail.
Can any body tell me in how many days can i get a mail with medical request.

Thanks for all.

kgh

Jun 8, 2009
Congratulations Tapak. it is a good news.

Tapak said:
Yoohoo! My wife just called me. She just received PPR. I am in Edmonton right now. I am waiting to go back home next week. Anyways, I have sent my kids passports for renewal to Indian Consulate, Houston. So I guess there is nothing much I can do until I get them, except looking at PPR :)
Despo, any news?

Taps

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cchabert said:
Hey TAPS!! Congrats!!! How's the cold in Edmonton right now? :-D
Thanks cchabert. Since I have lived in warmer places in US (TX and FL), I feel bit colder than others do, but overall, it ain't bad as I thought. It's between 4-8 C during day.

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kgh said:
Congratulations Tapak. it is a good news.

Tapak said:
Yoohoo! My wife just called me. She just received PPR. I am in Edmonton right now. I am waiting to go back home next week. Anyways, I have sent my kids passports for renewal to Indian Consulate, Houston. So I guess there is nothing much I can do until I get them, except looking at PPR :)
Despo, any news?

Taps
Thanks KGH. I wish you all have a better ride to PR unlike me who had bumps all the way.

xprsurslf

Mar 19, 2009
songx1230000 said:
Despo,
I don't get it why a middle aged man with kids like you is jumping around like a 10 year old when you know that you don't plan to move to Alberta anytime in the future if things work out in USA.
wow.. haha . This is hilarious. I didn't expect this over here.

karl

Star Member
Oct 6, 2009
Congrats to Tapak, Nix, CCH and Despo on the PPR.
Guys, I need to verify one thing: How long is the landing visa valid for? My lawyer told me that it will be valid for exactly for 1 year from the day you do your medicals. For ex, if you did you medicals on 01-10-2009 then your landing visa will be valid until 31-09-2010 (dd-mm-yyyy). Does this sound accurate?

All who have received their landing visa, please verify this!
Karl

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have not got PPR yet officially waiting on ittttttttttt.

second with yoru lawyer........ he is right !!

karl said:
Guys, I need to verify one thing: How long is the landing visa valid for? My lawyer told me that it will be valid for exactly for 1 year from the day you do your medicals. For ex, if you did you medicals on 01-10-2009 then your landing visa will be valid until 31-09-2010 (dd-mm-yyyy). Does this sound accurate?

Karl

karl

Star Member
Oct 6, 2009
Oops!
Well nonetheless, you will get it soon :)

Btw, how much is the landing fees in USD, I figured it is 490 Canadian but cudnt find the link where CIC specifies exact US $ amount.

despoimmigrant said:

karl said:

Karl

karl

Star Member
Oct 6, 2009
Ok found it:
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/washington/imm/fees_frais_usd.aspx

The RIGHT OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE FEE is US$ 415.

karl said:
Oops!
Well nonetheless, you will get it soon :)

Btw, how much is the landing fees in USD, I figured it is 490 Canadian but cudnt find the link where CIC specifies exact US $ amount.

despoimmigrant said:

karl said:

Karl

ZAD

Jun 24, 2009
narsanna said:
Hi Friends,

I got a medical and file number today.
What is the next step, how can i proceed.

Thanks for all.
1-Find designated Doctor closer to you and get Medical done.

2-If you have not sent background related stuff ( FBI Fingerprint, Home country Police Certificate and background checks from the states where you lived ) , get them ready and sent them before they ask you for it.

3- Then wait :)

ZAD

Jun 24, 2009
Any experience ?

Today after more than 7 months of my Medicals, I got FIRST response from Buffalo:

"Your application is in process. We are unable to provide a date when the processing of your application will be complete."

1- Is it for sure my Background check is over ???

2- if this the case, will they have to make the decision before expiration my medicals ?? which are about to expire in about 4 months.

Please share .... Thanks

narsanna

Star Member
Mar 11, 2009
Hi ZAD,

Thanks for the information.
I did not send the local pcc before. so which address can i send the local PCC.
Can i send the local PCC after medical done or before medical done.
can i send local PCC now or can i wait for the request. give me a brief message.

Thanks,
Narsanna

narsanna

Star Member
Mar 11, 2009
ZAD said:
Any experience ?

Today after more than 7 months of my Medicals, I got FIRST response from Buffalo:

"Your application is in process. We are unable to provide a date when the processing of your application will be complete."

1- Is it for sure my Background check is over ???

2- if this the case, will they have to make the decision before expiration my medicals ?? which are about to expire in about 4 months.

Please share .... Thanks
Most probably you will get in 2weeks,
they also gave me same reply 2weeks back.
wait and see