+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

AB_SUN

Mar 5, 2011
Hello Everyone,

My wife and I are planning to do our landing next week at Windsor tunnel. I have some questions regarding the process.

1. Do we need to provide the good to follow list while doing our landing formalities? We are planning to move to Calgary next June/July so would like to provide the detailed list then.

2. I have a valid h1 stamped but my wife has transferred to H1 from L1 but does not have a valid stamp in the passport except valid I-94. Can we use AVR?

3.I am planning to give my friends address for the time being till we move permanently, is that OK.

Please let me know some details regarding the above, much appreciated.

Regards,

sacramento

Oct 10, 2011
hi,
I submitted my passport to buffalo on Nov 10 2011 and now its more than a month. I emailed the embassy, they said it usually takes 15 business days. As it crossed more than month I am little bit worried , How Much time does it normally take for them to return back the passports.

justinline

May 19, 2009
AB_SUN

1. You can provide the list later on when you go permanently go to settle in Canada.
2. Your wife can use AVR if she has L1 stamping. But be prepared for secondary inspection....just little bit more hassle.
3. Try to give Alberta address for your PR card.

Justin

justinline

May 19, 2009
Sacramento,

Usually takes less than that.....I got within 7 days from Detroit office. I sent a USPS self addressed envelope....using that tracking number I knew on the 4th day the passports were on their way back to me. Did you send them USPS enevelope? Tryout that number on the USPS tracker.....else send them mail again.

Justin

helloO

Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/01/2009
Nomination.....
20/04/2010
Med's Request
15/02/2011
Med's Done....
31/03/2011
Passport Req..
22/6/2011
VISA ISSUED...
08/07/2011
Hi Guys
We are in Edmonton .My wife and I got our PRs but did not get my sons PR called Immigration and they told us to send new photos.Does anybody knows if we can submit photos in person either in Edmonton or Calgary?
Thanks

Qureshi

Star Member
Nov 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
Doc's Request.
16-05-2010
Nomination.....
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
Feb 02, 2011
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Done....
Feb 15, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 4th , 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 10th, 2011
LANDED..........
Sep 20th 2011
Seniors,
Please advuce accordingly,

I am AINP provincial nominee and I have a good job offer in Ontario Canada. I am in between what to do. I landid on 29 Sep from Niagara Falls
and came back to US after three days. Now i got this opportunity in ONtarion. Please let me know if it will hurt me in long run by the time I apply
for Citizen ship

Please reply.

Thanks

sacramento

Oct 10, 2011
Hi Friends,
At last i got visa issued, below is the time frame

Alberta Applied : May 2009
Alberta Approval : March 11/ 2011
Applied CIC : June 7 / 2011
Medical Request : October 4/2011
Passport request : Nov 9/2011
Submitted passport : Nov 10/2011
Visa Issued : Jan 10/2011

washington.state

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Qureshi said:
Seniors,
Please advuce accordingly,

I am AINP provincial nominee and I have a good job offer in Ontario Canada. I am in between what to do. I landid on 29 Sep from Niagara Falls
and came back to US after three days. Now i got this opportunity in ONtarion. Please let me know if it will hurt me in long run by the time I apply
for Citizen ship

Please reply.

What kind of good job offer you have? IT or non IT?

Thanks

Qureshi

Star Member
Nov 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
Doc's Request.
16-05-2010
Nomination.....
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
Feb 02, 2011
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Done....
Feb 15, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 4th , 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 10th, 2011
LANDED..........
Sep 20th 2011
Washingtos stae ,

It os on IT , I am Civil engineer and further more I let it go because I was not confident in making this move.

washington.state

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Qureshi said:
Washingtos stae ,

It os on IT , I am Civil engineer and further more I let it go because I was not confident in making this move.
Yes it is pretty obivous that non-IT will have better chance to get offer letter than IT one.

jxyj01

Star Member
Oct 5, 2010
Hello Guys,

Haven't been on this forum for a long time. I moved to Canada in Feb last year. Its been almost a year since I landed. I have mixed experiences in Canada. Professionally, I got a contract job after two months. Two months of job search were very exhausting. There was a time when I was thinking of taking odd jobs. After that contract, I got two job offers. I didn't apply for those those. One recruiter contacted me through linkedIn. I was being interviewed for the other job when I received my contracting offer. These folks were still looking when my contract was over. I work for a well known company at a senior level. Making almost same money that I was making in US. Individually, most people at my work are very nice. But at bigger level, I do not feel the vibe of American openness. I happen to spend some time in Nova Scotia on work. I fell in love with that place. Nova Scotia, PEI are amazingly beautiful places. The people I worked with were super nice and friendly. On my departure day, they gave me farewell dinner and local gifts. I have a strong desire to settle there for good. Most people from my AINP batch/time line who landed have jobs. Most of us have 10 year multi- entry visa to US.
Things have changed in US since last year on EB2 category. Canada is a great country and it takes time to settle it here mentally. Please, make sure you make decision carefully as moving with family is not that easy and getting emotional attachment to Canada will take some time. I wish you guys good luck.

P.S. Those guys who are moving household times, please, look at Uhal Upack facility. I moved my one bed room stuff form California to Calgary for 1200.

washington.state

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jxyj01 said:
Hello Guys,

Haven't been on this forum for a long time. I moved to Canada in Feb last year. Its been almost a year since I landed. I have mixed experiences in Canada. Professionally, I got a contract job after two months. Two months of job search were very exhausting. There was a time when I was thinking of taking odd jobs. After that contract, I got two job offers. I didn't apply for those those. One recruiter contacted me through linkedIn. I was being interviewed for the other job when I received my contracting offer. These folks were still looking when my contract was over. I work for a well known company at a senior level. Making almost same money that I was making in US. Individually, most people at my work are very nice. But at bigger level, I do not feel the vibe of American openness. I happen to spend some time in Nova Scotia on work. I fell in love with that place. Nova Scotia, PEI are amazingly beautiful places. The people I worked with were super nice and friendly. On my departure day, they gave me farewell dinner and local gifts. I have a strong desire to settle there for good. Most people from my AINP batch/time line who landed have jobs. Most of us have 10 year multi- entry visa to US.
Things have changed in US since last year on EB2 category. Canada is a great country and it takes time to settle it here mentally. Please, make sure you make decision carefully as moving with family is not that easy and getting emotional attachment to Canada will take some time. I wish you guys good luck.

P.S. Those guys who are moving household times, please, look at Uhal Upack facility. I moved my one bed room stuff form California to Calgary for 1200.

Thanks for sharing your experience. This is true that place is not bad at all. You don't need 10 year visa as NEXUS card will allow you to travel US if you were already in US for last 3 years before moving to Canada. Are you in IT or non IT? Do you have any North American degree or same BIT Pilani BS. Please clarify little bit so these hardworking, H1B professionals can find right way to succeed.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
washington.state said:
Thanks for sharing your experience. This is true that place is not bad at all. You don't need 10 year visa as NEXUS card will allow you to travel US if you were already in US for last 3 years before moving to Canada. Are you in IT or non IT? Do you have any North American degree or same BIT Pilani BS. Please clarify little bit so these hardworking, H1B professionals can find right way to succeed.
Welcome back. So did you save $200 on fuel etc to buy you some underwear?

JENNYSEC

Star Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10
File Transfer...
detroit
Med's Request
june 2011
Med's Done....
june 2011
Passport Req..
march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
march 2012
LANDED..........
13 JUNE 2012
Hi every one .I send my passport to Detroit for visa stemping on 6th march and Monday (12th March) My ecase status changed Decision made.But still not get passport back.and adress on my e case shows "calgary alberta canada".Is that typical prosidure ? or they mailed my passports to some other adress? I enclosed self adressed express mail envelo //

Seniour pls. advice /