Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Received my PPR along with Right of landing fee request. I would like to Thank you all for your support and help provided so far. I am asked to submit the passports and fee with in 60 days.

Thanks again.

legalcitizen

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I landed in May 2011 through Niagara Falls. Unfortunately at the time of Landing I told the officer that I came to Visit NF. so she dint ask me for an address . Recently I updated the address through CS. After that I am not able to access my record on CIC website. Earlier I used to see that I became PR etc.

I am planning to move (Drive) to Canada in end of Jan. I need some inputs.

1. Is there any way to check the status of my PR card online? I heard that they changed the photo specs recently and I will get a letter saying the same. I want to send my pics with that letter to get my PR card. Or is it better to send the updated pics now? Only reason I am worried is I am planning to go to my home country (for a vacation) after spending 2-3 weeks in Canada. I don’t want to spend time getting travel docs etc.

2. Any specific document(s) needed to import my car. I would like get some info from seniors.

3. Also I am looking for shared accommodation for short period of time. If anybody knows which websites to look etc will be really helpful. I am single so I don’t mind staying as paying guest also.

Any other useful info regarding this sistuation is welcome.
Thanks guys,

Have wonderful weekend.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
legalcitizen said:
Hi All,

I landed in May 2011 through Niagara Falls. Unfortunately at the time of Landing I told the officer that I came to Visit NF. so she dint ask me for an address . Recently I updated the address through CS. After that I am not able to access my record on CIC website. Earlier I used to see that I became PR etc.

I am planning to move (Drive) to Canada in end of Jan. I need some inputs.

1. Is there any way to check the status of my PR card online? I heard that they changed the photo specs recently and I will get a letter saying the same. I want to send my pics with that letter to get my PR card. Or is it better to send the updated pics now? Only reason I am worried is I am planning to go to my home country (for a vacation) after spending 2-3 weeks in Canada. I don't want to spend time getting travel docs etc.

2. Any specific document(s) needed to import my car. I would like get some info from seniors.

3. Also I am looking for shared accommodation for short period of time. If anybody knows which websites to look etc will be really helpful. I am single so I don't mind staying as paying guest also.

Any other useful info regarding this sistuation is welcome.
Thanks guys,

Have wonderful weekend.
To check status of your PR card you US you can call

+1 613 944 4000 (for an agent: options 1,2,1,2,1 ... then 0 to skip the message)

nes511

Oct 25, 2011
Hello everyone...My Ecas status changed to Decision made last tuesday and i got letter from consulate the following day that my aplication has been refused...they gave the reason that we are not intended to reside in Alberta

isabellamae

Jan 24, 2011
hi , just want to ask some question my mom is here at canada as a tourist is she allowed to apply the super visa while she is here , and we submit the sponsorship october 3 , 2011 and they stop the sponsoring this nov 5 do you think our papers is in good status ?
thank you so much

ChrisLamb

Mar 16, 2010
Hi all,

I have run into a unique situation. When I originally landed as an AINP immigrant, I had listed my car in the "Goods to Follow" list with all the details (make, model, VIN etc) and that list was stamped by the CSBC. I subsequently returned to the US where I have been living to this date. Now as I am preparing to permanently move to Canada this coming May, my car has started to act weird with all sorts of mechanical problems. As such, I will have to discard my current car and buy a new car right away. My question is: can I replace my listed car (in the "Goods to Follow" list) with a new car (it might be a brand new or a used one, still looking for one)? If yes, what will be the procedure?

Thanks.

Jun 6, 2010
Hi all,

Finally, I'm done with the PR process. Today I received my passports back from the LA consulate. Following is my timeline. BTW, I had to return to India early 2011 beacuse my H1B expired.

Applied for AINP: December 2009
AINP Nomination: June 2010
Applied to CIC Buffalo: November 2010
Medicals & AOR: June 2011
Medicals sent to Ottawa: Late July 2011
PPR: November 3 2011
Passports sent to LA Consulate: 2nd week of November
Received passports back: Today

This forum was a great resource and I would like to thank everyone who contributes actively.

Good luck to all those who are waiting.

improper_bostonian

Apr 7, 2011
AlbertaGovernor said:
There are no answers to the question yet. But the good news is EB2 will become current by December. So more people in two boats at the same time.

washington.state is working at Boston Pizza right now and is looking for a suitable matrimonial. Please free to send him a PM if interested.
Hi AlbertaGovernor,
Can you elaborate more on how EB2 will become current by December? (sorry I have been out of touch)
I was going through following link
http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2011-11-30/news/30458700_1_employment-based-immigrant-visas-green-cards-nationality-act

and came across this paragraph.

"Because the bill does not provide additional green cards, it does not address the current overall backlogs. And that's unfortunate. But the bill does treat people and those backlogs more equitably. To make sure that there are no unintended consequences, the elimination of the per-country limit is phased in slowly over 3 years,"

Also I believe it needs to go through Senate successfully as well.
Do you know when Senate will vote on it?

Thanks

Sri19

Star Member
Mar 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Last week of Sep 2010
Nomination.....
May 2010
AOR Received.
April 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Request
April 2011
Med's Done....
May 2011
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi,

I received my passports. NYC returned the passports the next day they received them from me.

I would like to thank everyone that contribute to this forum. thanks for all your support.

Thanks!

JENNYSEC

Star Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10
File Transfer...
detroit
Med's Request
june 2011
Med's Done....
june 2011
Passport Req..
march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
march 2012
LANDED..........
13 JUNE 2012
Sri19 said:
Hi,

I received my passports. NYC returned the passports the next day they received them from me.

I would like to thank everyone that contribute to this forum. thanks for all your support.

Thanks!
CONGRATULATION ///

Sri19

Star Member
Mar 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Last week of Sep 2010
Nomination.....
May 2010
AOR Received.
April 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Request
April 2011
Med's Done....
May 2011
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting

freeradical17

Star Member
Mar 1, 2009
AlbertaGovernor said:
To check status of your PR card you US you can call

+1 613 944 4000 (for an agent: options 1,2,1,2,1 ... then 0 to skip the message)
Al Gov,

I am yet to receive my kid's PR card though mine & my wife was received 8 weeks back. I tried this number to get in touch with an agent, but gave up as I had to wait endlessly. Do you if I can send an email to find the status of my kid's PR card?

Thanks

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
freeradical17 said:
Al Gov,

I am yet to receive my kid's PR card though mine & my wife was received 8 weeks back. I tried this number to get in touch with an agent, but gave up as I had to wait endlessly. Do you if I can send an email to find the status of my kid's PR card?

Thanks
Keep calling them. I suspect its the photograph that are not to the specs.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HR 3012 has passed and now more people with two feet in two boats.

So now USA will be soon called USAP aka United States of Andhra Pradeshis.

sacramento

Oct 10, 2011
Hello friends,
I submitted my passport to buffalo on Nov 10 2011. I did not got any response, Should I go head and email them or its normal. How Much time does it normally take for them to return back the passports.