+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

yrinaldy

Star Member
Sep 26, 2008
Seems NYC stamping only available thru mailing the passport no walk-ins...

===================
Immigrants

Approved Applicants for Permanent Residence

Submissions of passports are only accepted by mail. Passports are returned by mail within 30 business days. This does not include mailing time.

For mailing instructions, please click here.

Additional Important Information:

Check that your passport and each accompanying dependents' passport are valid at least one year from the date of your immigration medical examination.
Make sure there is at least one completely blank page, other than the last page in each passport. If dependent children are included in their parent's passport, an additional blank page should be available for each included dependent.

======

I've been trying to call them - only automated machine picks up.

I use this # 212-596-1783 -- it's part of the header info in the letter I received. I verified the same # on the website.

Maybe, NYC no longer accepting walk-in applicant for stamping???

sukhminder said:
ingegarcia said:
This is interesting... the update date is "Date Modified: 2009-07-14"
You are true Inge, the Date Modified on that document is 14th June...now wots up with that...lol. May be yrin will get to know better once he calls NY...good eye though inge :)

bendjoe

Aug 23, 2008
yrinaldy said:
All:

Just got my passport request today!

I have 60 days to submit -

Good luck to all!! Man, finally after long process and wait is over!!!

Have a great weekend!!
Congrats, towards freedom we march.

bendjoe

Aug 23, 2008
ainpdude said:
ingegarcia said:
Wooohoooo congratulations yrinaldy !!! what a news for the weekend!!!!!

BTW do you happen to have your case in trackitt.com/... to see your time line if not could you please posted it here... I am also waiting to hear something from NY...... some day :)))

BTW this is the link of NY contact information and it contains information about submitting your passport in person and by mail.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/new_york/imm/general_info-rens_generaux.aspx?lang=eng&menu_id=206&menu=L
thx ... wondering if the PPR submission rules changed and they are no longer taking
PP in person ,,, :

"Submissions of passports are only accepted by mail. Passports are returned by mail within 30 business days. This does not include mailing time. "
Something to do with Mr. Chow. May be he asked too many questions at the office and they decided enough is enough no more in Person drop offs.

Sad actually you will have to wait for the mail. I have seen cases that took more than a month.

kgh

Jun 8, 2009
yrinaldy said:
Seems NYC stamping only available thru mailing the passport no walk-ins...

===================
Immigrants

Approved Applicants for Permanent Residence

Submissions of passports are only accepted by mail. Passports are returned by mail within 30 business days. This does not include mailing time.

For mailing instructions, please click here.

Additional Important Information:

Check that your passport and each accompanying dependents' passport are valid at least one year from the date of your immigration medical examination.
Make sure there is at least one completely blank page, other than the last page in each passport. If dependent children are included in their parent's passport, an additional blank page should be available for each included dependent.

======

I've been trying to call them - only automated machine picks up.

I use this # 212-596-1783 -- it's part of the header info in the letter I received. I verified the same # on the website.

Maybe, NYC no longer accepting walk-in applicant for stamping???

sukhminder said:
ingegarcia said:
This is interesting... the update date is "Date Modified: 2009-07-14"
You are true Inge, the Date Modified on that document is 14th June...now wots up with that...lol. May be yrin will get to know better once he calls NY...good eye though inge :)
If you check this web site it is telling that they won't accept the calls. Only recorded messages are there.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/new_york/imm/general_info-rens_generaux.aspx?lang=eng&menu_id=206&menu=L
This telephone number provides a recorded message referring callers to this website and that of Citizenship and Immigration Canada. As our staff is fully occupied in processing immigration and visa applications, we regret that we cannot accept, nor can we respond to telephone calls.

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
bendjoe said:
ainpdude said:
ingegarcia said:

BTW do you happen to have your case in trackitt.com/... to see your time line if not could you please posted it here... I am also waiting to hear something from NY...... some day :)))

BTW this is the link of NY contact information and it contains information about submitting your passport in person and by mail.

thx ... wondering if the PPR submission rules changed and they are no longer taking
PP in person ,,, :

"Submissions of passports are only accepted by mail. Passports are returned by mail within 30 business days. This does not include mailing time. "
Something to do with Mr. Chow. May be he asked too many questions at the office and they decided enough is enough no more in Person drop offs.

Sad actually you will have to wait for the mail. I have seen cases that took more than a month.
LOL

sukhminder

Star Member
Oct 30, 2008
ainpdude said:
bendjoe said:
ainpdude said:
ingegarcia said:

PP in person ,,, :

LOL
LOL hari garu....chow is long gonnnnnne :), i dont know wots up with our cases :) LA is asleeeep :) may be.

kimfromindia

Feb 17, 2009
Sukhminder

My ecas status does not say anything ab medicals.... This is what is shows...

"We started processing your application on May XX, 2009.

We transferred your application to the XXXX office on May XX, 2009. The XXXX office may contact you.

sukhminder

Star Member
Oct 30, 2008
kimfromindia said:
Sukhminder

We transferred your application to the XXXX office on May XX, 2009. The XXXX office may contact you.
Oh thank you so much for clarifying this. Actually what we have seen is that most of the people who got the PPR had their status changed to "Medicals Received" before they got the actually letter requesting PPR whereas now with your reply its clear that LA CIC DONOT necessarily change the eCas regularly and there are cases where they sent the PPR and still didnt change the eCas status. Your eCas might change on Monday cos that's when I've heard they update eCas information. Thanks again for your reply. Did you figure out if LA CIC would take the passports in person (cos that is THE most fastest and sureshot way to get Visa stamped)

@rasco and @bendjoe ...this can be useful info for us :)

jajamaya

Oct 7, 2008
sukhminder said:
kimfromindia said:
Sukhminder

Oh thank you so much for clarifying this. Actually what we have seen is that most of the people who got the PPR had their status changed to "Medicals Received" before they got the actually letter requesting PPR whereas now with your reply its clear that LA CIC DONOT necessarily change the eCas regularly and there are cases where they sent the PPR and still didnt change the eCas status. Your eCas might change on Monday cos that's when I've heard they update eCas information. Thanks again for your reply. Did you figure out if LA CIC would take the passports in person (cos that is THE most fastest and sureshot way to get Visa stamped)

I agree.
And I find that the CIC people update ECAS only on Mondays. See those people said their ECAS was updated on June 1st, June 15th and July 13th, 2009. So if your ECAS is not updated on Monday, then the chance for you to get the PPR letter from CIC during the week is very very low....This is just my guess..

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
sukhminder said:
ainpdude said:
bendjoe said:
ainpdude said:
ingegarcia said:

PP in person ,,, :

LOL
LOL hari garu....chow is long gonnnnnne :), i dont know wots up with our cases :) LA is asleeeep :) may be.

lol sukh, our initial conjecture was completely correct "Chow is the real hero" to bailout :)

wonder what cic guys are up to... NY caashed my rpr on jun 25 09...

boy...i keep wondering what all we can endure... its been more than a year .. not less than a rat race

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
sukhminder said:
kimfromindia said:
Sukhminder

yea this is quiete possible ... since ecas seems to get updated once a week on sunday late nights EST....

rk

Nov 25, 2008
Chow landed in canada during long week end time and seems to be he is busy with job search and settlement in canada

sukhminder

Star Member
Oct 30, 2008
jajamaya said:
sukhminder said:
kimfromindia said:
Sukhminder

I agree.
And I find that the CIC people update ECAS only on Mondays. See those people said their ECAS was updated on June 1st, June 15th and July 13th, 2009. So if your ECAS is not updated on Monday, then the chance for you to get the PPR letter from CIC during the week is very very low....This is just my guess..
I actually very respectfully disagree with your thoughts because kimfromindia's eCas status tell nothing about the "Medicals Received" whereas he had already got the PPR yesterday.

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
rk said:
Chow landed in canada during long week end time and seems to be he is busy with job search and settlement in canada
Yup starting up in a new place is never fun. I quess he'll holla at us when he has a chance.