+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

C

cchabert

improper_bostonian said:
Hi folks,
I just moved to Calgary permanently.
Please advise nice areas to rent apartment. also let me know if someone is looking to share apartment.

Thanks in advance.

If you're single pretty much everywere but SE where the industries are, just try to live close to the C-Train, walking distance or at least one bus, more than that it will be dificult to move.
Also on winter many people (if you have a car) park their vehicles on the C-Train to go to work.

Here a website that can help:

http://www.rentfaster.ca/calgary.php

Peace!

Jacaranda

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ah naxas, finally!! congrats

naxas said:
to all,
I got my PPR today finally.
my time line:
nominated from Alberta: Nov,21st 2009.
medical request : July 23rd 2010.
file transferred to NY : Jan 14 2011
medical validity extended: Sep 22,2011
RPRF: Sep 25, 2011
PPR: Oct 7th, 2011

improper_bostonian

Apr 7, 2011
cchabert said:
If you're single pretty much everywere but SE where the industries are, just try to live close to the C-Train, walking distance or at least one bus, more than that it will be dificult to move.
Also on winter many people (if you have a car) park their vehicles on the C-Train to go to work.

Here a website that can help:

http://www.rentfaster.ca/calgary.php

Peace!

Hi cchabert,
Thanks for advice,
Is North east good idea to stay?
I'm planning to rent property close to marlborough or macnight station.

C

cchabert

improper_bostonian said:
Hi cchabert,
Thanks for advice,

Hello there! Again is a matter of preference but check this map of the areas you're planing to live:

http://crimemap.calgarypolice.ca/content/DisclaimerPage.aspx

Peace!

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
enna said:
To any Senior members,

I went to do my landing last July 21, 2011 but up to now i still did not received my PR card, where can i make a follow-up. i'm presently here in the US

thanks,

mary anne
Did you get your PR cards yet?

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
improper_bostonian said:
Hi cchabert,
Thanks for advice,
There is no such good area or bad area. It depends on your situation. If you are single vs if you have a family with kids. It depends on that. I myself prefer south east. One of my friend who is ag_tou on this forum and who is cchabert's and chalocanada's friend too is also looking to buy a house in south east location.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So how many folks having two legs in two different boats that waiting for the HR 3012 promising faster green cards got dissapointed and now finally planning to move to Canada permanantly?

helloO

Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/01/2009
Nomination.....
20/04/2010
Med's Request
15/02/2011
Med's Done....
31/03/2011
Passport Req..
22/6/2011
VISA ISSUED...
08/07/2011
enna said:
To any Senior members,

I went to do my landing last July 21, 2011 but up to now i still did not received my PR card, where can i make a follow-up. i'm presently here in the US

thanks,

mary anne
Call @ 1-888-242-2100 and you need to have your client ID no ready which is on your landing papers.I landed on Aug 18th and got my PR on Oct 19.It takes 41 days now so there must be something you need to talk to them dont hang up sometimes it takes half an hour.
All te best

C

cchabert

AlbertaGovernor said:
So how many folks having two legs in two different boats that waiting for the HR 3012 promising faster green cards got dissapointed and now finally planning to move to Canada permanantly?
This ia a very good question :)

Highlander

Jun 21, 2009
CIC Application Returned due to "OVERPAYMENT"

I am so confused as my application was returned due to Overpayment from Buffalo Office today. On the Application Guide it clearly states that Overpayment is Acceptable....WTF

forberta

Star Member
Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there anyone in the forum who did the CIC landing and H1B visa stamping in the same trip?

I am trying to find posts/threads about their experiences. If anyone has seen such a post or discussion thread please let everyone (and me) know. I tried searching the forum, some older 2004-2007 posts came up but nothing recent in the past year or two. Similar results on doing a google search.

Is it too much of a hassle? Are there any disadvantages to doing it? Any thing in particular that I need to be careful about? I dont mind the long trip time but it would give me an opportunity to experience the local life better.

Seniors who have done this in the past please post your experiences.

Thanks,

Qureshi

Star Member
Nov 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
Doc's Request.
16-05-2010
Nomination.....
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
Feb 02, 2011
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Done....
Feb 15, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 4th , 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 10th, 2011
LANDED..........
Sep 20th 2011
Yes I did it. I did my landing on Tuesday 20 Sep 2011 and been to Montreal Canada for Interview on Thursday 22 Sep 2011.
It went out very smoothly. Landed at Niagara falls, nothing much was asked.

Just be careful about one thing. while booking date for H1B, select the option for Canadian resident as by the time you will appear for interview you will be resident and take your COPR with you. They will check it. Another advantage that you will have more dates visible as permanent resident.

Good Luck and feel free to contact me on my e mail.

forberta said:
Is there anyone in the forum who did the CIC landing and H1B visa stamping in the same trip?

I am trying to find posts/threads about their experiences. If anyone has seen such a post or discussion thread please let everyone (and me) know. I tried searching the forum, some older 2004-2007 posts came up but nothing recent in the past year or two. Similar results on doing a google search.

Is it too much of a hassle? Are there any disadvantages to doing it? Any thing in particular that I need to be careful about? I dont mind the long trip time but it would give me an opportunity to experience the local life better.

Seniors who have done this in the past please post your experiences.

Thanks,

forberta

Star Member
Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good information. Thank you very much Qureshi.

Qureshi said:
Yes I did it. I did my landing on Tuesday 20 Sep 2011 and been to Montreal Canada for Interview on Thursday 22 Sep 2011.
It went out very smoothly. Landed at Niagara falls, nothing much was asked.

Just be careful about one thing. while booking date for H1B, select the option for Canadian resident as by the time you will appear for interview you will be resident and take your COPR with you. They will check it. Another advantage that you will have more dates visible as permanent resident.

Good Luck and feel free to contact me on my e mail.

Sri19

Star Member
Mar 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Last week of Sep 2010
Nomination.....
May 2010
AOR Received.
April 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Request
April 2011
Med's Done....
May 2011
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Thank you for the information Qureshi.

nes511

Oct 25, 2011
Hi everyone....this is my first post.
Recently my husband and i have been interviewed at CIC office , after an initial interview waiver...we submitted all the documents asked by them including PCC ,FBI .
But the consulate is not ready to agree that we are intending to move to Alberta. We have been asked to submit documents to prove our intention.
What docs can i submit ....seniors who have gone through this phase kindly suggest
Any help would be apprecieted