Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
Sri19 said:
TRUONGAN, Thank you again. I was not aware that friends who are in canada can request for it on behalf of me. I have ordered for it recently and they charged $40. Hope to get it in next 3 weeks.
WARNING: You may not want a stranger or a website owner to have the privilege to access your immigration record!!! If one knows your client ID, they can make change or even withdraw your application for any stupid reason

Sri19

Star Member
Mar 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Last week of Sep 2010
Nomination.....
May 2010
AOR Received.
April 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Request
April 2011
Med's Done....
May 2011
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
TRUONGAN said:
WARNING: You may not want a stranger or a website owner to have the privilege to access your immigration record!!! If one knows your client ID, they can make change or even withdraw your application for any stupid reason
I should have thought about it earlier :-( I hope nothing goes wrong.

Thanks!

improper_bostonian

Apr 7, 2011
Re: PR CARD

DILSE said:
Hi All,
I landed in May also, I called 613--NUMBER to inquire about PR card status, they told me I will get letter for instruction and today I got letter from CIC says submit recent pictures to calgary office by mail or in person so we can continue working on your file, I am going to mail pictures today.
I am planning to travel calgary from USA this month and ask for Travel document , rep told me I can ONLY get one time . CIC will not issue it again. is this true ? also
how long will it take to get PR card from here ?
Any one have idea please advice.
Hi DILSE,
I called 613 number to check my status.
and I also inquired about travel document. I believe what they meant is you can use it for single entry only, if you happen to leave Canada again before you get ur PR card, you need to go to Canadian consulate to acquire travel document again.

lee26

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2009
Nomination.....
10-01-2010
AOR Received.
04-11-2010
File Transfer...
30-03-2011
Med's Request
10-11-2010
Med's Done....
20-11-2010
Passport Req..
23-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2011
Hi Jacaranda,

I send you PM

Thanks
Lee

Jacaranda said:
ya it was approx 3K/4K to ship the car to from CT to calgary, not worth it, we are selling it here and will buy in calgary.

Canadabie

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Earlier Buffalo later on xfered to Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
End of Sept 2011
File Transfer...
To Ottawa
Med's Request
End of Sept 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-2012
LANDED..........
12-2012
Hello Guys,
Today we got our examination done by DMP but she asked us to go to lab for x-ray/blood tests. there is no need to take a appointment for x-ray. But for Blood tests, I need to set up an appointment by call only and during weekend the lines are closed. Wondering how long does it take to get an appointment for blood test for CALGARY AB area?

Regards,
Canadabie

quote author=Canadabie link=topic=15729.msg1026025#msg1026025 date=1317347412]
Qureshi/TRUONGAN,
Thanks a lot your help and assistance.

Regards,
Canadabie.

[/quote]

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
Canadabie said:
Hello Guys,
Today we got our examination done by DMP but she asked us to go to lab for x-ray/blood tests. there is no need to take a appointment for x-ray. But for Blood tests, I need to set up an appointment by call only and during weekend the lines are closed. Wondering how long does it take to get an appointment for blood test for CALGARY AB area?

Regards,
Canadabie

quote author=Canadabie link=topic=15729.msg1026025#msg1026025 date=1317347412]
Qureshi/TRUONGAN,
Thanks a lot your help and assistance.

Regards,
Canadabie.
Call right away to appointment line. It won't be long, a week at most. If you are lucky you can even get in the next day. Make sure you ask for more than one location to see if somewhere else other than your choice has availability. Normall, Sunridge and Marlborough are good

Canadabie

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Earlier Buffalo later on xfered to Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
End of Sept 2011
File Transfer...
To Ottawa
Med's Request
End of Sept 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-2012
LANDED..........
12-2012
thanks TRUONGAN. I called them early this morning and got the appointment for today so blood/x-ray is done. I was just worried about it and how long will it take to get an appointment because on Saturday when I went to Lab there was a huge line and lady at counter said only way I can set up an appointment was thru phone.

Today I received another email from Ottawa office asking for mine and my wife's Indian police clearance certificates. However, few months back I already submitted these certificates to Buffalo office when my file was with them, not sure should I ask them to check with Buffalo office or get one more Indian PCC for convenience and reduce hassle for everyone.

Can you guys, please, have any advice for me on this?

Regards,
canadabie

TRUONGAN said:
Call right away to appointment line. It won't be long, a week at most. If you are lucky you can even get in the next day. Make sure you ask for more than one location to see if somewhere else other than your choice has availability. Normall, Sunridge and Marlborough are good

thementor2008

Apr 24, 2009
Hello Friends,

At last got the below email, phew :)

Couple of questions though - If I send my passports, how long does it takes to get back to us? and my son is 18 months old (US Citizen). Do I need the RPRF fee for my son too?

Processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete.

Please submit your passport(s) within the next 30 days. The issuance of your visa(s) is time sensitive so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) as requested. Please note, though your passport(s) is/are due at our office within the next 30 days, you must check your documents upon receipt. There will be a validity date indicated, and the landing must take place on or before that date. The visas cannot be extended. If you are not prepared to live permanently in Canada immediately after landing, please consult the website regarding residency requirements in order to ensure that you retain your status in Canada.

We require two (2) recent photographs of yourself and each accompanying family
member.

Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)

Every principal applicant and his/her accompanying spouse/common law partner is required to pay a Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) in the amount of $490 CAD or $490. USD. The RPRF must be submitted in the form of a money order, certified cheque or bank draft payable to the “Canadian Consulate General”. Please write your file number on the back of the cheque, money order or bank draft. The RPRF will be refunded if for any reason you do not immigrate to Canada.
Thanks!

Sri19

Star Member
Mar 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Last week of Sep 2010
Nomination.....
May 2010
AOR Received.
April 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Request
April 2011
Med's Done....
May 2011
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Congrats!!! thementor2008.

Which visa office is processing your application? when was it transferred from buffalo?
I think for Dependant under 22 yrs of age there is no RPRF to be paid.

Refer "PERMANENT RESIDENT APPLICATIONS" section of the below document:
www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/assets/pdfs/visas/50_1_eng.pdf

thementor2008 said:
Hello Friends,

Couple of questions though - If I send my passports, how long does it takes to get back to us? and my son is 18 months old (US Citizen). Do I need the RPRF fee for my son too?

Thanks!

JENNYSEC

Star Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10
File Transfer...
detroit
Med's Request
june 2011
Med's Done....
june 2011
Passport Req..
march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
march 2012
LANDED..........
13 JUNE 2012
thementor2008 said:
Hello Friends,

Thanks!
Congrats. thementor2008
I dont think dependent under 22 need to pay RPRF.
If you look all new case who get their stemping in last two month ..Probebly you will get pasports within 15 to 20 days with visa.. make it hurry up..If your case is in buffalo go perasonally for stemping..

thementor2008

Apr 24, 2009
Thanks a lot Jenney and Sri. One more quick question, when sending the passport, do we have to send the I-94( which is stapled in the passport) as well? or Remove the I-94 and just send the passports alone?

Thanks,
Justin.

JENNYSEC

Star Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10
File Transfer...
detroit
Med's Request
june 2011
Med's Done....
june 2011
Passport Req..
march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
march 2012
LANDED..........
13 JUNE 2012
thementor2008 said:
Thanks a lot Jenney and Sri. One more quick question, when sending the passport, do we have to send the I-94( which is stapled in the passport) as well? or Remove the I-94 and just send the passports alone?

Thanks,
Justin.
I dont think Canadian are concern with I- 94.So its better to remove it from passports.It is required doccument when you cross us border.

asp1111

Jul 7, 2009
thementor2008 said:

Thanks,
Justin.
DO NOT SEND I-94. Send only your passport.

enna

Feb 14, 2011
To any Senior members,

I went to do my landing last July 21, 2011 but up to now i still did not received my PR card, where can i make a follow-up. i'm presently here in the US

thanks,

mary anne