20/07/2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NY Jan 05, 2011
Med's Request
20/07/2010
Med's Done....
12/08/2010 (reached Ottawa Sep 8th ,2010)
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
March 07 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2011
LANDED..........
waiting
VAtoCA said:
I completed my landing last Thursday via Niagara Rainbow Bridge. The whole process went really smooth and I was back in US by Friday night. As promised before below is my landing experience in detail however before that I would like to go through two question that I had before landing, and I'm sure many here have so let me go through that first.

1.Landing by rental vs own car:Let me say that before landing I went through 100's of posting about landing on this forum and many other and found that few people did got hard time on Canadian side about not allowing to drive the car until it is imported. To be on the safe side I rented a car from Buffalo airport (just $15/day, thanks to my company corporate number) but have I taken my own care that should have been fine too. Nobody asked me if I was driving my car or rental.

2. Landing on Alberta or other province for AINP.This is one big issue for many provinces nominee, epically for those who are doing the temporary landing. This was totally a none issue for me. In fact the word "province nominee" was not mentioned even once thought out my landing.

I drove from VA to Buffalo on Wednesday, stayed near buffalo airport and drove to Niagara on Thursday morning on my new rental car. Went to the Canadian side around 9:00 am. The officer at the gate asked me the purpose of my visit and I said I'm here to do landing. He said wonderful and asked my passport and gave me a yellow page and direct me to go inside. I parked my car, went to the custom and was approached by one officer there. He asked me my passport and COPR and said if I have any other documents. I said I've birth certificate; my degree, bank statement and he stop me by saying okay and didn't bother to see them. After that it took him about 10 mins to complete the paper work, asked me to sign the COPR and gave me the basic info about COPR. He asked me if I have address in Canada to mail my PR card, I gave him Alberta address. Earlier he had asked me where I was staying and I said at my friends place in Toronto. So he asked me if I have a friend in Toronto, why I don't want Toronto address to mail my PR (Dhuu, if I knew you'll ask this I would have given my friends address @ Toronto) But I thought for a second and said that my friend is looking to change his apartment and I was not sure if he'll still have the same address by the time my PR card arrives. He was fine by my answer. Then he asked me if I have goods to follow list and I gave him both the copy (B4A: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/E/pbg/cf/b4a/b4a-05b.pdf). He stamped both and gave one to me. After that he asked if I was importing any vehicle and I said yes and it is on the goods to follow list. He said hang on and got another different form for my car (B4 Form: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4-eng.pdf). Asked my car title (remember you need car title not registration) and filled the form looking at my car title. After that he did the same, stamped two papers and gave one to me. He also reminded (I think about 3 times) not to loose those papers else I'll have to pay tax on everything I'll bring later. I was out from there in about 30 mins on my way to SIN office. Got my SIN number in about 10 mins. After that went to RBC, open an account there and drove to Toronto. Meet my friend there, hang on downtown for some time and came to his place with some Molson.

So that is all. I'll still check this forum so if you have questions feel free to write me.

Good luck to all who are waiting.
Congratulations to you.
Thanks for sharing your experience in detail . I am in PA and thinking of doing the same when I get PPR. I was still not sure if I should land through Niagara or go via Montana or fly to Calgary straight. From you experience its little relief not sure still if I should land through Niagara.
I have following questions:
1. So in your case since have shown your car in the Goods to Follow List right. Does that means that now you can take your car to Canada, whenever you move there.
2Did you use AVR, if yes how did it go
3Since you have given Alberta Address for PR Cards, how you will get them in US, I mean someone will post them to you?. Can we go back in with some other document?
Thanks for your help and will ask more questions latter

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
King80 said:
Congratulations to you.
Thanks for sharing your experience in detail . I am in PA and thinking of doing the same when I get PPR. I was still not sure if I should land through Niagara or go via Montana or fly to Calgary straight. From you experience its little relief not sure still if I should land through Niagara.
I have following questions:
1. So in your case since have shown your car in the Goods to Follow List right. Does that means that now you can take your car to Canada, whenever you move there.
2Did you use AVR, if yes how did it go
3Since you have given Alberta Address for PR Cards, how you will get them in US, I mean someone will post them to you?. Can we go back in with some other document?
Thanks for your help and will ask more questions latter
1. Yes. The officer told me it is better to drive my car myself while moving there and also reminded me to do some paperwork for importing
2. I have valid US visa on my passport but when I was comming back, the US officer at the gate just scaned my visa and gave me the same I-94. Took about 2 minutes.
3. I have somebody @ alberta who'll mail my PR card. It will take about 5 weeks to get PR card but if I want to travel before my PR arrives I can do so by using my visa and COPR. Also, I was suprise to know that I can use my US address for SIN #. The lady who helped me with my sin# told me I'll get my SIN card in about 10 days in my US address.

Hope this answer your questions. Also, dont' stress too much about landing via Niagara. You'll be just fine.

King80

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
20/07/2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NY Jan 05, 2011
Med's Request
20/07/2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
March 07 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2011
LANDED..........
waiting
VAtoCA said:
1. Yes. The officer told me it is better to drive my car myself while moving there and also reminded me to do some paperwork for importing
2. I have valid US visa on my passport but when I was comming back, the US officer at the gate just scaned my visa and gave me the same I-94. Took about 2 minutes.
3. I have somebody @ alberta who'll mail my PR card. It will take about 5 weeks to get PR card but if I want to travel before my PR arrives I can do so by using my visa and COPR. Also, I was suprise to know that I can use my US address for SIN #. The lady who helped me with my sin# told me I'll get my SIN card in about 10 days in my US address.

Hope this answer your questions. Also, dont' stress too much about landing via Niagara. You'll be just fine.
thanks much for your quick response and valuable info. do you by chane what all we need to do for importing our car while we drive in canada along with it?

thank again

khan9899

Feb 17, 2009
I am planning to go to for medical test and was wondering if I can use my health insurance for that.
Can someone please let me know?

Thanks

C

cchabert

khan9899 said:
I am planning to go to for medical test and was wondering if I can use my health insurance for that.
Can someone please let me know?

Thanks
99% that you can't use it, so don't forget your check book

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kevinctech said:
Thanks a lot VAtoCA!! That really helps, coz I'm planning to do my landing formalities thru Rainbow Bridge. Hopefully I get my PPR soon!! Good luck for your future.

kevin
Hey Kevin:

Have you received any sort of communication from NY office concerning your application? Any idea how long is it gonna take to receive PPR. And are you in Canada or states? Any thoughts of ordering CAIPS notes.

kevinctech

Star Member
Aug 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2009
Nomination.....
26-11-2009
AOR Received.
28-07-2010
Med's Request
28-07-2010
Med's Done....
31-07-2010
dear_pnp said:
Hey Kevin:

Have you received any sort of communication from NY office concerning your application? Any idea how long is it gonna take to receive PPR. And are you in Canada or states? Any thoughts of ordering CAIPS notes.
dear_pnp, I'm in Connecticut, I did not receive any sort of communication from NY office, God knows when I will get the PPR!! My file got transfered to NY on Dec 14-2010 and my attorney says we have to wait till 90 days to complete to send any inquiry, that is till March 14.. So just wait and wait ... :-[ :-[ :(

kevinctech

Star Member
Aug 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2009
Nomination.....
26-11-2009
AOR Received.
28-07-2010
Med's Request
28-07-2010
Med's Done....
31-07-2010
Hi Guys..quick question.. Did anybody get their PPR thru email from NY office?? Just wondering if they will send an email to me or a regular mail to my attorney?? Please shed some light on this..thx

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today my ecase is changed to COMPLETE. "You entered Canada at the Niagara office on February 17, 2011 and became a Permanent Resident." :)

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
King80 said:
thanks much for your quick response and valuable info. do you by chane what all we need to do for importing our car while we drive in canada along with it?

thank again
I have not imported my car yet so I don't have personal experience on this. However the link below might give you some idea. Check the Importing vehicles acquired in the United States section.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5048-eng.html

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kevinctech said:
dear_pnp, I'm in Connecticut, I did not receive any sort of communication from NY office, God knows when I will get the PPR!! My file got transfered to NY on Dec 14-2010 and my attorney says we have to wait till 90 days to complete to send any inquiry, that is till March 14.. So just wait and wait ... :-[ :-[ :(

Thanks for the response. Mostly NY office sends the PPR through Mail, however, there were instances when they sent the PPR through email as well. Man the waiting time is getting on my nerves and I cant move an inch with respect to my career. Mine was transferred on Dec 2nd and no communication as of now. Did you pay the RPRF at the time of initial application? Man I hope we get something this week. I am not sure why it is so long at NY office whereas other offices are sending PPRs in 3 weeks of file transfer.

kevinctech

Star Member
Aug 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2009
Nomination.....
26-11-2009
AOR Received.
28-07-2010
Med's Request
28-07-2010
Med's Done....
31-07-2010
dear_pnp said:
Thanks for the response. Mostly NY office sends the PPR through Mail, however, there were instances when they sent the PPR through email as well. Man the waiting time is getting on my nerves and I cant move an inch with respect to my career. Mine was transferred on Dec 2nd and no communication as of now. Did you pay the RPRF at the time of initial application? Man I hope we get something this week. I am not sure why it is so long at NY office whereas other offices are sending PPRs in 3 weeks of file transfer.
I understand bro, I'm also sailing in the same boat!! Just not able to plan anything with my career... I'm hoping to get the PPR and complete the landing and goto Calgary, find a job and start a new life there.. sounds like a dream ..huh!!

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kevinctech said:
I understand bro, I'm also sailing in the same boat!! Just not able to plan anything with my career... I'm hoping to get the PPR and complete the landing and goto Calgary, find a job and start a new life there.. sounds like a dream ..huh!!
Yeah pretty much sounds like a dream lol....By the way, have you submitted your rprf along with the initial application?

kevinctech

Star Member
Aug 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2009
Nomination.....
26-11-2009
AOR Received.
28-07-2010
Med's Request
28-07-2010
Med's Done....
31-07-2010
dear_pnp said:
Yeah pretty much sounds like a dream lol....By the way, have you submitted your rprf along with the initial application?
My lawyer sent it after I got my Medical Request.. somewhere around Aug 1st week..

King80

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
20/07/2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NY Jan 05, 2011
Med's Request
20/07/2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
March 07 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2011
LANDED..........
waiting
kevinctech said:
Hi,

my file got transferred to NY on 01/01/2011 , recieved nothing yet.