+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

jovan

Star Member
Aug 4, 2009
Hi,

Is there anyone here who has submitted their passport to Buffalo and received the passports with the visa?

In the PPR email I got from Buffalo there is no instruction about including the date the passport pictures were taken at the back of the pictures. It just says the pictures should be recent (and in the link provided, it simply says the pictures must have been taken within the last 6 months)

I just wanted to make sure that other buffalo folks got the same instructions. I also want to hear from someone who sent their passports and got them back with the visa (i.e. without including the date at the back of the passport pictures).

Thanks
Jovan

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
My case was processed in LA, but the photo reqt is uniform across all consulates:

There was no requirement for the photos to be notated at the back. I however placed the initials on the reverse so that it will be easier for them to know whos' who! I suggest you write the names (very softly without making a deep impression on the pics) if you have more than two passports in your submission.

jovan said:
Hi,

Is there anyone here who has submitted their passport to Buffalo and received the passports with the visa?

In the PPR email I got from Buffalo there is no instruction about including the date the passport pictures were taken at the back of the pictures. It just says the pictures should be recent (and in the link provided, it simply says the pictures must have been taken within the last 6 months)

I just wanted to make sure that other buffalo folks got the same instructions. I also want to hear from someone who sent their passports and got them back with the visa (i.e. without including the date at the back of the passport pictures).

Thanks
Jovan

jovan

Star Member
Aug 4, 2009
Thank you so much Manny.

I saw a request from the Detroit consulate and they specifically requested that the date be at the back of the picture.

Thanks again. Your reply really helped. :)

Jovan

paul4u719

Star Member
Apr 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo to detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 mar 2010
Nomination.....
25 feb 2010
IELTS Request
na
File Transfer...
17 nov 2010
Med's Request
13 july 2010
Med's Done....
15 july 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11 jan 2011
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
jovan said:
Thank you so much Manny.

I saw a request from the Detroit consulate and they specifically requested that the date be at the back of the picture.

Thanks again. Your reply really helped. :)

Jovan
hey jovan i send my passport to detroit on 12 jan and i did not get my passport yet ,,,is ur passport is in detriot too,,plz let me know

kt123

Jan 11, 2011
Freiends,
My Journey is over!My passports were mailed yesterday from Detroit CIC,(per USPS tracking #)?

In detail:-
CIC filed date 03/04/2010
AOR on 6/29/2010
Medicals done on 07/01/2010
File transferred to Detroit :11/02/2010
PPR request: 01/24/2011 :eek:
I mailed passports on :25/01/2011 with RPRF(reached on Jan 26)
RPRF cashed on:02/01/2011
Ecas changed to Decision made on:02/07/2011
Passports mailed back : 02/10/2011.
"Good luck to all on-board members who is waiting for PPR and Visa's"
See you in Canada.

Mods777

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
Congrats.

I am still not getting the order in which Buffalo is requesting PPR as I think a lot of folks who did medical in July are still waiting.

Chigirl - Thoughts ?
Surprised said:
Here it is:

Category........: AINP
Visa Office......: Buffalo
NOC Code......: 2171
Pre-Assessed..: Yes
App. Filed.......: Apr 2010
AOR Received.: 08-08-2010
Med's Request: 08-08-2010
Med's Done....: 08-20-2010 (Doctor's office sent on 08-26)
Initial Assessment and RPRF on 12/23/10
PPR: 02/10/11

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
Mods777 said:
Congrats.

I am still not getting the order in which Buffalo is requesting PPR as I think a lot of folks who did medical in July are still waiting.

Chigirl - Thoughts ?
Franky, I am at a loss. Although, I am happy for people who are getting their pprs, it makes absolutely no sense. People who have submitted applications after us, who got their medicals done after us, and who got their IA letters way after us are getting their pprs, while we are sitting here trying to be patient.

My only thought is that our files go to different visa officers for processing, and some might be faster than others.

At this point, I have basically stopped analyzing, because there is really no logic in the way they do things. Especially your case, I really feel for you. You are the only one to have submitted your application in Feb, and still waiting.

Mods777

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
True - When I filed for Alberta in 2009 hoping it is much faster than US.

Guess what immigration is the same deep hole :(.

chigirl said:
Franky, I am at a loss. Although, I am happy for people who are getting their pprs, it makes absolutely no sense. People who have submitted applications after us, who got their medicals done after us, and who got their IA letters way after us are getting their pprs, while we are sitting here trying to be patient.

My only thought is that our files go to different visa officers for processing, and some might be faster than others.

At this point, I have basically stopped analyzing, because there is really no logic in the way they do things. Especially your case, I really feel for you. You are the only one to have submitted your application in Feb, and still waiting.

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kt123 said:
Freiends,
My Journey is over!My passports were mailed yesterday from Detroit CIC,(per USPS tracking #)?
In detail:-
I mailed passports on :25/01/2011 with RPRF(reached on Jan 26)
RPRF cashed on:02/01/2011
Ecas changed to Decision made on:02/07/2011
Passports mailed back : 02/10/2011.
"Good luck to all on-board members who is waiting for PPR and Visa's"
See you in Canada.
Congrats...My my Ecas was changed to decision made on 2/08(one day after yours) but USPS tracking # still says "There is no record for this item". Hopefully I will see some thing on my tracking # soon.

Jacaranda

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes true, I never expected this fast track option to be so slow, it is going to be 2 years that I applied for AINP.

wish they could realise that every day, week and month counts.... and time is slipping away...

still its better than the trashy US immigration system

Mods777 said:
True - When I filed for Alberta in 2009 hoping it is much faster than US.

Guess what immigration is the same deep hole :(.

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mods777 said:
Congrats.

Chigirl - Thoughts ?
Have you tried contacting Buffalo? If you completed your med in July, that only gives you 5 month to complete landing.

Surprised

Star Member
Aug 1, 2009
calgary2010 said:
Congrats Surprised! Your timelines are very close to our may group. Its really motivating today.

I am just curious, Do you belong to the Married or Single or Married + Kids. Does this a considerable point. Mine is Married + 2 kids, Its means processing 4 applications right. I am thinking single files are quickly getting processed. Am really not sure, just a thought! quote changed : " Waiting Brain is Devils Workshop " :)
Thanks Calgary2010. My family composition is Married + 1 Kid. Hoping that helps. There is another reason that could have affected my file. Sending in response to another post.

Surprised

Star Member
Aug 1, 2009
Mods777 said:
Congrats.

Chigirl - Thoughts ?
Just thought to mention this. I had a FSW file before which was closed and was processed at the same office. When I check my eCAS I see both the files. May be that had some affect but I am not 100% sure. I agree with you that the order in which they are processing files is confusing.

Mods777

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
Oh Ok that makes your case different from us as we only applied through AINP.

If you dont mind can you please share when did you apply for FSW ?

Surprised said:
Just thought to mention this. I had a FSW file before which was closed and was processed at the same office. When I check my eCAS I see both the files. May be that had some affect but I am not 100% sure. I agree with you that the order in which they are processing files is confusing.

Mods777

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
I did contact them and they sent a standard message saying they cannot provide any completion time.

VAtoCA said:
Have you tried contacting Buffalo? If you completed your med in July, that only gives you 5 month to complete landing.