Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
For the benefit of rest of us who'd like to avoid getting to this point: Did you give separate photos for the PR card? When during the whole process did you submit these pics? After landing? And what are the required specs in this case?

I think there is nothing wrong in you contacting the Calgary CIC office (if you know the address) and ask them how to send the correct pics. Don't think you need to travel to Canada.

Thanks!

AlHelp654 said:
Members of this forum, thanks for all your help. We landed in Calgary on Nov-4-2010.

I'm in a diffcult situation and need some help:

(1) We landed and provided a friend's address in Alberta.
(2) Today I called the CIC call center since our PR cards have not come.
(3) The CIC call center person said that the photos are not upto specification, they have moved the file to the local Calgary office.
(4) I will have to go into the office to take the photos again.

-- a. Has this photo issue happened to other people on the forum? How long does it take to resolve?
-- b. We returned to the US after the landing as we need to shut everything here and move. Now we don't have PR cards and cannot go back to the Calgary office as requested. Can we travel on our COPR thru Buffalo and then fly to Calagry? Have folks on this forum tried to enter Canada by car using just the COPR?

Please please let me know. Thanks!!

Jai Ho

Dec 24, 2010
Hai. My employer agree to give me employment verification letter if I agree to do consulting through it comany in US or Canada anywhere. This is good news I will get letter today.

Thank you all and god bless you

Jai.

surenderJeet

Nov 24, 2010
Good. You done it!.

Jai Ho said:
Hai. My employer agree to give me employment verification letter if I agree to do consulting through it comany in US or Canada anywhere. This is good news I will get letter today.

Jai.

rubyalabar

Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2010
Nomination.....
21-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2010 (Aug.6 rec'vd by Ottawa)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2011
LANDED..........
04-02-2011

rubyalabar

Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2010
Nomination.....
21-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2011
LANDED..........
04-02-2011
ours reached LA on 20th December, hope we get our passports back by January. It says on the passport request that they will try to send it back within 15 business days.

happy new year!

jxyj01 said:
Thx Rubyalabar, I mailed my passport yesterday on overnight delivery.

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am so glad to learn this Jai ho. Good luck. Rush your papers to the CIC immediately.

Lettuce

Jai Ho said:

Jai.

cooldeepforyou

Star Member
Feb 25, 2009
Good Man, Congrates !! Another good point is that he agrees with you to work either in US or Canada
Jai Ho said:

Jai.

Surprised

Star Member
Aug 1, 2009
Jai Ho said:

Jai.
Congratulations Jai!! This is very nice.

philly

Jun 7, 2010
Philadelphia
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-3-2009
Doc's Request.
01-11-2009
Nomination.....
24-11-2009
AOR Received.
01-07-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
July-7-2010
Med's Done....
15-7-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Dec 22 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 21 2011
LANDED..........
?
Hi Rubyalabar,

I question regarding prepaid envelope for return the passports. What courier service you used?
I went UPS today they said they don’t have any prepaid envelope. The person at UPS advised me provide the credit card details on the Airway bill, when the consulate people returned the passport they are going to charge my card. But Canadian Consulate saying Prepaid envelope.

Please let me know any other people in this forum they have gone through this.

Thanks in advance.

rubyalabar said:
ours reached LA on 20th December, hope we get our passports back by January. It says on the passport request that they will try to send it back within 15 business days.

happy new year!

Surprised

Star Member
Aug 1, 2009
AlHelp654 said:
Members of this forum, thanks for all your help. We landed in Calgary on Nov-4-2010.

I'm in a diffcult situation and need some help:

(1) We landed and provided a friend's address in Alberta.
(2) Today I called the CIC call center since our PR cards have not come.
(3) The CIC call center person said that the photos are not upto specification, they have moved the file to the local Calgary office.
(4) I will have to go into the office to take the photos again.

-- a. Has this photo issue happened to other people on the forum? How long does it take to resolve?
-- b. We returned to the US after the landing as we need to shut everything here and move. Now we don't have PR cards and cannot go back to the Calgary office as requested. Can we travel on our COPR thru Buffalo and then fly to Calagry? Have folks on this forum tried to enter Canada by car using just the COPR?

Please please let me know. Thanks!!
I think you can travel by car but not fly in the absence of PR Cards. Check this post, which lead me to this conclusion. Let us know how it goes.

Check msg365108 in ainp-srs-h1b-landing-experience-and-post-landing-related-activities thread. For some reason, I am not allowed to post links.

rubyalabar

Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2010
Nomination.....
21-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2011
LANDED..........
04-02-2011
We used a Fedex prepaid shipping label. The Fedex guy computed courier fees from LA to our home address (next day AM delivery) and that's what we paid for. Here's what LA consulate has to say about using courier services when having your passports returned to you...

Your passport(s) will be returned by courier envelope ONLY when you have pre-paid the courier company for the return service or if you have an account with the courier company and enclose a completed shipping label.

We DO NOT accept payment in the form of check or credit card for expedited return by courier or express mail.

In absence of pre-payment of the return freight, we will return your passport(s) by certified mail for USA residents or registered mail for those residing in Canada and other countries via the US Postal Service.

Your passports will usually be returned to you within 15 business days approximately from the day we receive them. This does not include any time it may take for the Post Office to deliver them.

so I guess the option that UPS gave you for charging the credit card will not be considered, that is if your VO is LA. I don't know how it works with other VOs though.
philly said:
Hi Rubyalabar,

I question regarding prepaid envelope for return the passports. What courier service you used?
I went UPS today they said they don't have any prepaid envelope. The person at UPS advised me provide the credit card details on the Airway bill, when the consulate people returned the passport they are going to charge my card. But Canadian Consulate saying Prepaid envelope.

Please let me know any other people in this forum they have gone through this.

Thanks in advance.