AOR Received.
11-12-2012
File Transfer...
11-12-2012
Med's Done....
01-11-2012
Passport Req..
01-03-2013
SO I got my Med request in May and I recently submitted my meds, but than tomorrow I got a letter requesting updated FBI PCC. I had already sent my expired FBI PCC with my application, and after submitting the application I had requested another FBI PCC, which I have mailed today.
But the problem is that the PCC I have sent today are also expired. The freaking timeline of CIC and teh delay in FBI are both responsible for this mess.
Lets see what happens. If CIC wants fresh FBI PCC, my application would be delayed by 4 more months. I hope that does not happen.

aNewHope

Star Member
Feb 24, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hsetin:

To cover your bases perhaps you should apply for another set of FBI PCC right away.

Cheers,

hsetin said:
SO I got my Med request in May and I recently submitted my meds, but than tomorrow I got a letter requesting updated FBI PCC. I had already sent my expired FBI PCC with my application, and after submitting the application I had requested another FBI PCC, which I have mailed today.
But the problem is that the PCC I have sent today are also expired. The freaking timeline of CIC and teh delay in FBI are both responsible for this mess.
Lets see what happens. If CIC wants fresh FBI PCC, my application would be delayed by 4 more months. I hope that does not happen.

canadiens

Star Member
Apr 18, 2009
hsetin said:
Hi hsetin

On their website CIC has listed "The certificate must have been issued no more than three months before you submit your application." So I think as long as your FBI PCC was issued 90 days before you sent your initial application to Buffalo, you should be fine.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

hsetin

Star Member
Jul 29, 2009
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2012
AOR Received.
11-12-2012
File Transfer...
11-12-2012
Med's Done....
01-11-2012
Passport Req..
01-03-2013
Thanks Canadien,
My latest certificate was issued in March and that is 2 months after I submitted my application, so I think I should be fine.

Anewhope, I agree with you, but I think I am tired of getting these FBI PCCs. I don't think I am going for it, until unless CIC asks for it.

Fingers crossed :-\

arajesh5

Star Member
Aug 31, 2008
Hey Avi, Congrats! I was waiting to hear from you. Am planning to land on 4th of July too. Ive asked a few qns on landing. Lets see what ppl here tell me...

avikashyap said:
I received my passports with visa this afternoon. ;D ;D My visa was issued on May 28th. I feeling so releived as it took longer than expected to get my passports back.

The letter contained our passports with Visa and COPR documents, My visa is valid till 02/01/2011 which is exactly one year from the day of my medicals.

I will plan on doing landing as soon as possible. Most probably 04th of July weekend.

Thanks and good luk all. I will share my landing experience.

Xprime/ arajesh - please keep us posted with your plans..

MhK

May 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
IT code (2171)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Jan 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 2010
Med's Request
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Sep 2010
Passport Req..
June 2011
Hi, i am H1b and my h1b visa ending soon this year. i have submitted my complete application to cic after nomination.

so seems like only thing left is medicals and then passport stamp for visa.

my question is,

- can i send them medicals now while i am in US before they ask for it.
- also can i apply for canada visa stamp while i am in US.

i feel, once i move to my home country after h1b expire and move my case to home country, the process will be very slow there as compared to US.

what you guys think ? Please suggest.

canadiens

Star Member
Apr 18, 2009
MhK said:
Hi, i am H1b and my h1b visa ending soon this year. i have submitted my complete application to cic after nomination.

my question is,

i feel, once i move to my home country after h1b expire and move my case to home country, the process will be very slow there as compared to US.

I dont think you can send the medical before they ask for it.

earth

Nov 20, 2009
arajesh5 said:
Hi McLuvin,

My wife was pregnant during the application process. We received medical results. The doctor advised that an X-ray isnt good during pregnancy. He noted it on the medical report. 2 weeks after the birth of the baby, we received a mail from CIC NY asking for 4 things:

1. The pending Xray for my wife.
2. Medical results for our newborn baby
3. Nomination addition of our baby - I called up AINP in Alberta and they added him to the nomination and let the people in CIC-NY know about it.
4. A form (dont remember which) for adding my newborn baby as a dependent.

I did all this - and it added a good 3 months for them to move to the Passport Request stage.

Hope this helps,
G luk to you and your family.

-R
Hi Rajesh, that was good info, thanks!
Just one more question - your visa validity is one year after your & your wife's medical date OR 1 year after your wife's x-ray and your newborn baby's medical test date.
Congratulations on the birth of your baby! :)

C

cchabert

MhK said:

my question is,

You can't do medicals before CIC, you need to wait for CIC to send you the medicals forms and instructions and take those with you with the designated doctor.
Another thing is the police clearance, did CIC request that??

MhK

May 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
IT code (2171)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Jan 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 2010
Med's Request
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Sep 2010
Passport Req..
June 2011
yes cchabert , i have submitted all PCC/FBI along with app and my money order is also cashed. so waiting for the Medicals.

what about visa stamp ? any idea if they will do the visa stamp for AINP before they ask for my passport ?

vsrao

Mar 10, 2009
Visa Office......
Buffalo
SAPERP123 said:
Hello All,
Received file number and asked to do medicals.
AINP Nomination - October
CIC Sent - Jan
Check Cashed - 15 days
File# rec - June 4th, 10
On what date did CIC receive your application?

iAlberta

Star Member
Mar 22, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/Mar/2009
Doc's Request.
16/Dec/2009
Nomination.....
11/Jan/2010
AOR Received.
01/Jun/2010
Med's Request
01/Jun/2010
Med's Done....
04/Jun/2010
Passport Req..
27/Aug/2010
Medicals done: 06/04/2010
City: Philadelphia, PA
Medical Fees: $465.00

priya86

Star Member
Jan 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2008
Nomination.....
27-11-2009 <br>Sent to CIC.....: 20-01-2010<br>MO Cashed.....: 28-01-2010
AOR Received.
26-05-2010
Med's Request
26-05-2010
Med's Done....
27-05-2010
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
30-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2010
iAlberta said:
Medical done:27/05/2010
City : Houston, Tx
Medical Fees:$ 375.00

When we done our medical they told us they will send it to Ottawa within 6 days,
Today after 11 days I called them ,and they are saying "Hopefully" they will send within this week.
"Hopefully" they will do ,what they said :).

bibo

Jan 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
Doc's Request.
25-11-2009
Nomination.....
30-11-2009
AOR Received.
17-07-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
was the medical fees fo $465 per person? or 465 for both?
iAlberta said:

gigi-2010

Star Member
Jan 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One question about FBI PCC.

My FBI timeline is :

FBI received: 04/14/2010
Returned date: 05/28/2010
I received it: 06/04/2010

I sent my fingerprint and my husband's fingerprint to FBI together, but on last Friday I just received my FBI PCC, I haven't my husband's FBI report. Did anyone have this experience about receiving the couple's FBI reports seperately?

Thanks.