+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

omardalian

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
Check this link. Jasper updates this with latest info:

http://tinyurl.com/AINP-Tracking-System

Its taking them a little less than a month now to cash MO's.

sam70 said:
Application resent to CIC for Alberta . CIC received on 24th March 2010. MO is not cashed yet.

Can other people post their time line or cash check information to get idea of time to cash checks?

Thanks,
sam70

nihak

Star Member
May 5, 2009
[
Thanks omardalian.
Hi,
I have friends in Alberta,so i plan to use their address to PR card for time being but can i use address like C/o or without C/o.
Please let me know any one have experience like using friends address.
Thank you very much.

[/quote]

virgo

Star Member
Dec 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2009
Doc's Request.
27-11-2009
Nomination.....
11-12-2009
AOR Received.
19-07-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
14-12-2010-- NY
Med's Request
19-07-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Passport Req..
04/04/2011
Nihak,

There is a policy in some aprtments where tanents name has to be mention on the letter box, so that Postman will leave the letters in those boxes.If your's frined address (apartment or house) is not that type guess you can avoid C/O there .

Thanks
Virgo

nihak

Star Member
May 5, 2009
Tapak said:
Virgo,
We flew from Tampa to Calgary via Houston. FYI, When you fly nito US from Canada, US Immigration check is done before your board in Canada unlike the regular process when we fly in from our native countries and US immigration agent "receive" us at the POE.

Taps
Hi Tapak,
I am travel with expire H1B visa and i have valid I797,but i am little bit scared and after reading of below link sent by omardalian.I thought it's no problem.

http://www.laborimmigration.com/2008/08/automatic-visa-revalidation-program-travel-to-contiguous-territories/
Tapak Let me know what about your old visa type and new visa types? and did you used address with C/o or direct your name for PR cards to mail.
Thanks.

apply2can

Nov 16, 2008
Hi Tapak,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I am planning to do my landing at Calgary in another 10 days. Can you please guide/answer the following questions

Did you use AVR to re enter USA.?

Did you need to carry some extra documents or information regarding AVR. Did you need to tell immigration officer that you are using AVR to re enter ?

I have an expired H1 visa from my old employer but have a valid I797 from the new one.
Also, did you give ALL your old I-94s (or just the recent one since old I-94s could have expired but the new H1 approvals will have their own I-94s).?

Thanks again for your help

Tapak said:
Guys,

I just returned home from Calgary after fulfilling PR landing formalities.

Here's my experience:

Landed Calgary on 18th Feb at 12:20 pm along with my spouse and two boys.
We were in queue for 45 minutes before called in by CBSA.
CBSA Agent: why we landed in Calgary. Me: To land as PR immigrant.
Agent smiled and said, "Welcome to Canada". She scanned our passport and cancelled our immigrant visa. We were asked to join another queue for immigrants.
There were about 10 people in that queue. One lady (I think she was volunteer to guide new immigrants) once she learnt that we landed as immigrants, gave us a lot of literature (pamphlets and papers) for settling down. Meanwhile, we were called in by a lady officer who asked following questions:
Who is primary applicant? How many people are accompanying me? What is the age of my kids? How much money I was carrying? Address where my PR card can be sent?
After providing all answers, she asked us to sign on each of the COPR forms and proceed to customs.

Customs officer greeted us and asked what goods we were carrying, and what were goods to follow. He was happy to see that I had prepared three sets of print outs of goods accompanied as well as goods to follow. Infact, he said two would have sufficed. I had prepared separate list for my wife's jewellry and two vehicles. He said that he cannot sign the jewellery part since they wanted a certified document from the assessor. I said we don't have it but we were carrying photos of them. He consulted his supervisor and she gave her consent after looking at the pictures. All the papers and photos were taped with barcode stickers, numbered and stamped.
We were out of customs by 2:30 pm.

We headed straight to Service Canada office for SIN application. Agent immediately noticed that my wife's COPR wasn't signed and gave us an address in downtown to contact immigration office and find what can be done for lack of signature. We had some quick food in the food court and decided to head back to airport instead of downtown office. Drive to the airport was full of suspense and nightmares of how this whole drama would unfold. As soon as we reached the immigration office at airport and brought this issue to one of the agents at desk, he asked us to wait. Within few minutes, same officer who had signed our documents came by and apologized. Wow! never can I dream such courtesy with US officers. We were out of airport at 4:45 pm, but bit late since the SIN office closes at 4:30 pm. We headed straight towards hotel and applied for SIN card the next day.

Return to US experience
Except for my wife, all three of us had expired visa on expired passports since we never left US after our first entry.
Only question asked by officer - what was your purpose of visit to Canada? Reply: To fulfil CDN PR formalities.
Officer just looked at I-797 petitions, took away the old I-94's and stapled new to our passports.
Man, that was a BIG surprise - 10 minutes and we were done with stamps, finger printing and photos (self and spouse). We just reached home few minutes ago and I thought of writing a brief narative in the benefit of the people to follow.

I hope this helps.

Taps

McLuvin

Star Member
Mar 26, 2009
Hi Guys,

My fully completed application reached CIC on 30th March and the MO hasn't got cashed yet...

Slowly starting to get worried what if I would recieve the application with some mistakes...

What happens to the validity of PCC's in case my application is sent back... should i get a new PCC..

Damm this thing is the last hope for me... Will keep you guys posted..

Also pls pass on any information you have... in case if you had submitted the application on or around the same date...

BR,
McLuvin

bibo

Jan 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
Doc's Request.
25-11-2009
Nomination.....
30-11-2009
AOR Received.
17-07-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
Same here, my application was recieved on March 26, and my MO hasn't been cashed yet...
McLuvin said:
Hi Guys,

My fully completed application reached CIC on 30th March and the MO hasn't got cashed yet...

Slowly starting to get worried what if I would recieve the application with some mistakes...

What happens to the validity of PCC's in case my application is sent back... should i get a new PCC..

Damm this thing is the last hope for me... Will keep you guys posted..

Also pls pass on any information you have... in case if you had submitted the application on or around the same date...

BR,
McLuvin

sam70

Mar 3, 2009
As I have posted earlier that I received my application back due to missing I-797. I resent them application along with I-797 as well as Copy of my I-485 receipt and EAD copies. I moved to different company from Feb 15 2010 after receiving Nomination on Jan 4th.I was in good H-1B status when I received my nomination and after that for a month .My MO hasnot been cashed yet. My application has been reached second time to CIC on 25th March 2010. Is this something to worry about? I really need to get this through.

Thanks to all who can help me on this,

sam70

desikiVAAT

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sam70 said:
As I have posted earlier that I received my application back due to missing I-797. I resent them application along with I-797 as well as Copy of my I-485 receipt and EAD copies. I moved to different company from Feb 15 2010 after receiving Nomination on Jan 4th.I was in good H-1B status when I received my nomination and after that for a month .My MO hasnot been cashed yet. My application has been reached second time to CIC on 25th March 2010. Is this something to worry about? I really need to get this through.

Thanks to all who can help me on this,

sam70
i dnt think there is anything to worry. Seeing current trend MO is encashed in 3-5weeks

sam70

Mar 3, 2009
Thanks boston and bibo.

Please keep checking regarding MO status and update if it has been cashed then we get kind of estimate.

sam70

AB2009IL

Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New York City, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 06 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 04 2009
Nomination.....
26 Nov 2009
AOR Received.
Mar 05 2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
Mar 30 2010
Med's Request
Mar 05 2010
Med's Done....
Mar 30 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jul 09 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 26 2010
LANDED..........
Aug 19 2010
NOC Code - 2132
AINP Application received : Dec 06 2008
File # Received : Mar 24, 2009
Nomination Date : 26 Nov 2009
Application Received by CIC: Dec 06 2009
M.O Encashed by CIC: Feb 05 2010
AOR Received: March 05 2010
Medicals Requested: March 05 2010
Medicals Done: March 30 2010
File Transferred to Local Consulate: March 30 2010 (CCG - New York City, NY)
RPRF MO Sent to CCG New York - April 08 2010
RPRF MO Reached CCG New York - April 09 2010
Medicals Sent to Ottawa - April 14 2010
Medicals Reached Ottawa - April 19 2010
RPRF MO Encashed by CCG New York - April 19 2010

albertaorbust

Feb 8, 2009
AB2009IL said:
NOC Code - 2132
AINP Application received : Dec 06 2008
File # Received : Mar 24, 2009
Nomination Date : 26 Nov 2009
Application Received by CIC: Dec 06 2009
M.O Encashed by CIC: Feb 05 2010
AOR Received: March 05 2010
Medicals Requested: March 05 2010
Medicals Done: March 30 2010
File Transferred to Local Consulate: March 30 2010 (CCG - New York City, NY)
RPRF MO Sent to CCG New York - April 08 2010
RPRF MO Reached CCG New York - April 09 2010
Medicals Sent to Ottawa - April 14 2010
Medicals Reached Ottawa - April 19 2010
RPRF MO Encashed by CCG New York - April 19 2010
AB2009IL,

You were the smartest/luckiest person. I have exactly the same timeline & NOC like you, but CIC Buffalo received my app on Jan 26th and MO was cashed on Feb 05. Hoping to receive the AOR/MEDICALS by end of this month.