+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

dipen

Star Member
Nov 4, 2008
Hi,
I did my FBI around may 7, 09 and received the report around may 29, 09. As I said the time frame just varies in different cases. Is there a way you can contact them and ask about the report progress?

Mods777 said:
Thanks,

Can you please share the date when you applied for FBI as I have applied it two months back and still didn't hear anything.

Thanks

bibo

Jan 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
Doc's Request.
25-11-2009
Nomination.....
30-11-2009
AOR Received.
17-07-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
Need Help:
I forgot to date and sign the acknowledgment form of AINP and fax it back to AINP when i received it in December 2009.
what should i do now?
i sent email to the lady that was assigned to my case when i got the package though, confirming that i recieved it from alberta.
please help.
should i sign date and fax now with current date? or what should i do?

dipen said:
Hi,
I did my FBI around may 7, 09 and received the report around may 29, 09. As I said the time frame just varies in different cases. Is there a way you can contact them and ask about the report progress?

virgos

Star Member
Feb 10, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 21 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 17 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 05 2009
AOR Received.
Jun 24 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 26 2010 - NY
Med's Request
Jun 24 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 03 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 17 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 07 2011
LANDED..........
Mar 12 2011 (Windsor, ON)
Bibo,
Sign & fax it back to AINP office as soon as possible, also send an email to them explaining your situation.
I am sure your nomination is still valid until the date mentioned on it.
This faxing back of the form is required so that Alberta Immigration dept. can make sure the packet reached correct person, basically an acknowledgement of receipt.

bibo said:
Need Help:
I forgot to date and sign the acknowledgment form of AINP and fax it back to AINP when i received it in December 2009.
what should i do now?
i sent email to the lady that was assigned to my case when i got the package though, confirming that i recieved it from alberta.
please help.
should i sign date and fax now with current date? or what should i do?

image6000

Aug 12, 2009
All,

I finally received FBI report today, and sending all required documents including FBI to CIC, BUFFALO.

From other members time line , I am looking forward to have my check cashed with in 1.5 - 4 weeks,

I have following questions , Hope some one would be able to answer?

1) How long it takes to get AOR / MEDICAL ?

2) Do we get AOR / MEDICAL seperately or at the same time?

3) If separate then how long it takes to get each AOR and MEDICAL ?

Thanks

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
image6000 said:
All,

I finally received FBI report today, and sending all required documents including FBI to CIC, BUFFALO.

From other members time line , I am looking forward to have my check cashed with in 1.5 - 4 weeks,

I have following questions , Hope some one would be able to answer?

1) How long it takes to get AOR / MEDICAL ?
2-3 months
2) Do we get AOR / MEDICAL seperately or at the same time?
Typically, Yes.
3) If separate then how long it takes to get each AOR and MEDICAL ?
No idea. :-\

Thanks

image6000

Aug 12, 2009
Thanks Tapak for those information. I can now plan accordingly based on those time lines.

Also I was reading some of the old posting of yours , ainpdude, akk and other senior members. And you guys were talking about photos to be taken for Medical.

1) Does the photo for medical has to be same format like the one we sent to CIC, BUFFALO (They were quite different than normal passport size) or they want to have different photo format for medical ?

2) And how many numbers of photo do we have to take for each individual for medical?

3) And lastly are there any suggestions or things we (members who will be waiting for medical) can do to make things easier for Medical ?

Thanks

satyac

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
nomad_musafir said:
Satya,
I plan on doing my landing in April also, and my Visa expires in June too. I live on the East Coast and I will do my landing at Niagara Falls (flight to AB is prohibitively expensive). I hope to apply for SIN also. I am not sure how successful I will be since I won't be doing this in Alberta.

Have you heard anything more on the "2 month" thing. I read it in DNataraj's post, and that officer was not very well-informed per dna. I will probably be a couple days into the last 2 months. Personally, I don't think this will be a problem. I should be able to enter (and exit) the country even on the last day on my Visa, theoretically.
Hi Nomad_musafir..
Im little late in reading your message....Im also not having any further updates on it...I want to do my landing formalities in windor,as i heard few success stories from there....I stay in south dakota..i can do my landing formalities from north dakota ..but it is unexplore center for me...I did not see any one going through north dokota....Hope fully every thing goes well
Thanks

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
satya,

good luck with your landing.
we have changed our plans. we are now going to land in Calgary, hoping to do our SIN and healthcard formalities as well. It will also give us a chance to look at AB.

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
image6000 said:
Thanks Tapak for those information. I can now plan accordingly based on those time lines.

Also I was reading some of the old posting of yours , ainpdude, akk and other senior members. And you guys were talking about photos to be taken for Medical.

1) Does the photo for medical has to be same format like the one we sent to CIC, BUFFALO (They were quite different than normal passport size) or they want to have different photo format for medical ? You should get photo specs in along with your medical request. If my memory server well, it was of same size as sent to CIC.
2) And how many numbers of photo do we have to take for each individual for medical?
I took three each for every member of family.

3) And lastly are there any suggestions or things we (members who will be waiting for medical) can do to make things easier for Medical ?

Thanks

venky321

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
26-05-2016
Just a small question, My COPR mentions Edmonton as the final destination; would it be allright if I landed in Calgary though?

virgo

Star Member
Dec 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2009
Doc's Request.
27-11-2009
Nomination.....
11-12-2009
AOR Received.
19-07-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
14-12-2010-- NY
Med's Request
19-07-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Passport Req..
04/04/2011
Hi Seniors ,please advise any thing need to be added or corrected.

Documents required for CIC Process for Alberta Provincial Nominee

IMM 0008 Application for Perminent Residence in canada
IMM 0008 Schedule 1 Background for main applicant/spouse
IMM 0008 Schedule 4 Economic Classes-Provincial Nominees for main appicant
IMM 5406 Additional Family Information for main applicant/spouse
IMM 5476 Use of a Representative if required.
1.Copy of Birth Certificates for all(Applicant/dependents)
2.Copy of Marriage Certificate
3.Copies of Passports of all(Applicant/dependents)
4.Copies of 1-797 of main applicant and spouse
5.Original Police Certificates including FBI report,Countries that stayed more than 6 months.
6.Fees bank draft for all in favour of Canadian Consulate General for the amount of US$510/140(for under age22 dependent) or CAN$550/150(for under age22 dependent)
7.4 Photos of all on back of one photo write name,date of birth,photo taken date.Put them in a envelop and write your realtion to that person on the envelop.
8.Orinal Provincial Nominee certificate
9.Put Nomination Sticker on the Envelop.

Notes:
Don't use the IMM forms that you filled when you were applying for Alberta Nomination.Use new ones signed/dated recently.
Notary is not required on the copies of documents.
No educational docuemnts copies, No experience letters copies are required as we are provencial nominees

Thank you
Virgo

zorro1

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
I sent the application to CIC on last friday.

Yes, this is the complete list of documents. But do we need to send the FBI and PCC in original ? I send the copy of them..

Some one Please confirm??

virgo said:

5.Original Police Certificates including FBI report,Countries that stayed more than 6 months.
6.Fees bank draft for all in favour of Canadian Consulate General for the amount of US$510/140(for under age22 dependent) or CAN$550/150(for under age22 dependent)
7.4 Photos of all on back of one photo write name,date of birth,photo taken date.Put them in a envelop and write your realtion to that person on the envelop.

Notes:
Don't use the IMM forms that you filled when you were applying for Alberta Nomination.Use new ones signed/dated recently.
No educational docuemnts copies, No experience letters copies are required as we are provencial nominees

Thank you
Virgo

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
zorro1 said:
I sent the application to CIC on last friday.

Yes, this is the complete list of documents. But do we need to send the FBI and PCC in original ? I send the copy of them..

Some one Please confirm??
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp
"All police certificates must be originals. Photocopies will not be accepted by our office."

6SigmaMBB

Star Member
Mar 11, 2009
Folks,
I had sent my medicals in early February and today when I checked ECAS, it states : "We transferred your application to the Los Angeles office on February 22, 2010. The Los Angeles office may contact you."

Now, I understand its good news, but the caveat is that I live in PA and I always assumed that the file would be transferred to NY office (local) due to the geographical proximity!. Has anyone experienced this issue before?

Also, how long would it take to receive passport request from the date of Ecas update?

Regards,
6Sigma

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
virgo said:

Notes:

Thank you
Virgo
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/only-who-submitted-cicainpsrsus-visa-holder-category-application-t15729.0.html;msg74119#msg74119

Your list is similar to mine, looks good. Now start calling Dr's to get the best rate for medicals - they vary a lot! We drove from NC to NJ for our medicals.