+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
despoimmigrant said:
Hey venkyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy very good news.......... congrats buddy..............
guys,

where do you take the immigration size photos...last time i took passport size photos and cut it to the immigration photo specifications.

thanks,
mouli

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
Finally I am ready to goto Buffalo. I am attending CIC buffalo on 28th Jan. Anybody coming there that day?

just to make sure, we need to take passports + photographs+copy of mail. Anything else???

-DNA

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I took picture at home and went to wallmart and got it developed. I had to trim those pictures according to size......

Congrats DNA !!!!!!!!!!!!

emceemouli said:
guys,

where do you take the immigration size photos...last time i took passport size photos and cut it to the immigration photo specifications.

thanks,
mouli

dipen

Star Member
Nov 4, 2008
hey despo,

MY ecase still says "In Process". however i received an email from consulate office last weak that they have received my remedical report and the file is in queue for final review. now Do I have to worry anything about the ecase status. How long do u think I might have to wait? if I get the PP request would my landing date be the date when i first did my medical check or it would be the date when i finished my remedical test. do u know?

ichintu

Nov 20, 2009
at the end of my wits here, when do we get our passports back with shiny visa stamp on them?? it been a week since NY got my RPRF and my passport. I even sent a UPS prepaid envelope.

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Dipen,

Your medical date will be the first medical date. So your visa will be valid till that date. you should get PPR in 30 days after your ecase status gets the line "Medical Results Received" do you see this line on your ecase status once you click on "IN PROCESS" Link?

It took 60 days for me to get PPR after my ecase updated to medical results received. I hope you dont ahve to wait that long buddy. goood luck...

dipen said:
hey despo,

MY ecase still says "In Process". however i received an email from consulate office last weak that they have received my remedical report and the file is in queue for final review. now Do I have to worry anything about the ecase status. How long do u think I might have to wait? if I get the PP request would my landing date be the date when i first did my medical check or it would be the date when i finished my remedical test. do u know?

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chintu, i feel that today is week ending so i belive they will send out all passports back today. even i am very eager to see that shiny visa stamp on it. :) did you check that your check got encashed or not with your bank. try to see that atleast. this will give you rough estimate about getting passport back.

ichintu said:
at the end of my wits here, when do we get our passports back with shiny visa stamp on them?? it been a week since NY got my RPRF and my passport. I even sent a UPS prepaid envelope.

6SigmaMBB

Star Member
Mar 11, 2009
Folks,

A quick update from my side: I received file # and Request to do Medical tests early this month when I was vacationing back home. The date stamp from Buffalo was 1/6.

Another question to veterans: Was anyone succesfull in using employer sponsored health insurance (like BCBS)to pay for medical exams and X-rays?

Cheers
-6Sigma

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thought it would be useful for the folks trying to land in canada on PR visa and come back to US after short landing formalities.

Neufeld Memo – H1B Workers are Sent Back to India
By HSB
USCIS recently released new H1B memo called Neufeld Memo. It takes aim at mainly Indian H-1B IT workers at third-party client job sites. Neufeld Memo insists that there must be an employer-employee (H1B) relationship at all times during throughout the requested period of H-1B employment.

On one fateful day, January 11, 2010, when Continental Airlines Flight 49 landed in Newark from Mumbai, India, we know that CBP officer Matt McGirr and his colleagues, hunted through the lines for Indian H-1B workers even before they showed up for primary inspection. Their minds were made up. No detailed questions were asked. The moment they found Indian H-1B workers who uttered that they were working at a client site in the IT field, their fates were sealed. They were subjected to expedited removal orders and sent back to India.

Employer-Employee Relation
USCIS uses the following guidelines to determine Employer Employee relationship

Does the petitioner supervise the beneficiary and is such supervision off-site or on-site?
If the supervision is off-site, how does the petitioner maintain such supervision, i.e. weekly calls, reporting back to main office routinely, or site visits by the petitioner?
Does the petitioner have the right to control the work of the beneficiary on a day-to-day basis if such control is required?
Does the petitioner provide the tools or instrumentalities needed for the beneficiary to perform the duties of employment?
Does the petitioner hire, pay, and have the ability to fire the beneficiary?
Does the petitioner evaluate the work-product of the beneficiary, i.e. progress/performance reviews?
Does the petitioner claim the beneficiary for tax purposes?
Does the petitioner provide the beneficiary any employee benefits?
Does the beneficiary use proprietary information of the petitioner in order to perform the duties of employment?
Does the beneficiary produce an end-product that is directly linked to the petitioner's line of business?
Does the petitioner have the ability to control the manner and means in which the work product of the beneficiary is accomplished?
If H1B workers is working through a consulting company as contractors are mainly affected. Who will be affected because of this new memo. During H1B 2010 it was hard to find consulting companies who would apply for H1B visa, since they were receiving RFE's. But, this memo is targeting current H1B Visa holders working as contractors.

Link -------- http://www.happyschoolsblog.com/neufeld-memo-h1b-workers-deported-to-india/

Official USCIS LINK ------ http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Laws/Memoranda/2010/H1B%20Employer-Employee%20Memo010810.pdf

bubbly2009

Star Member
Jan 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/03/2010
AOR Received.
26/06/2010
File Transfer...
26/10/2010
Med's Request
26/06/2010
Med's Done....
12/07/2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
1/7/2011
VISA ISSUED...
1/10/2011
LANDED..........
1/14/2011
Jasper said:
1. You can pay your fees in CA$ or US$. The following website might be useful: Paying Fees in Buffalo http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/fees-frais_buffalo.aspx. It shows not only the instruction but also the amounts in CA$ and US$ (just click "Canadian dollars" or "USA dollars" in the website page).

2. Yes. According to Buffalo Checklist (http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLish/pdf/kits/guides/E37048.pdf), if you live in a country different from your nationality, you need to include a photocopy of your visa for the country where you currently live. So if you are in US working under H1-B, then you have to submit the copy of I-797 or H1 visa stamp.
Thanks jasper for the info. where to take photos? and one more thing, what should be write in Choice visa office in IMM0008 application (Buffalo/NewYork)?

rezendgi

Dec 5, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2008
Doc's Request.
24-11-2009
Nomination.....
09-12-2009
AOR Received.
06-07-2010
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
16-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2010
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Is this going to affect existing H1-B holders or companies filing for new H1-B's ????

despoimmigrant said:
thought it would be useful for the folks trying to land in canada on PR visa and come back to US after short landing formalities.

Neufeld Memo – H1B Workers are Sent Back to India
By HSB
USCIS recently released new H1B memo called Neufeld Memo. It takes aim at mainly Indian H-1B IT workers at third-party client job sites. Neufeld Memo insists that there must be an employer-employee (H1B) relationship at all times during throughout the requested period of H-1B employment.

bubbly2009

Star Member
Jan 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/03/2010
AOR Received.
26/06/2010
File Transfer...
26/10/2010
Med's Request
26/06/2010
Med's Done....
12/07/2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
1/7/2011
VISA ISSUED...
1/10/2011
LANDED..........
1/14/2011
rezendgi said:
Is this going to affect existing H1-B holders or companies filing for new H1-B's ????
As far as heard it is going to affect all H1B if they r not in fulltime position. This memo affects new/extension/transfer H1B in thirdparty Consulting Companies.
check in the murthy website u will get further more details.

rezendgi

Dec 5, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2008
Doc's Request.
24-11-2009
Nomination.....
09-12-2009
AOR Received.
06-07-2010
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
16-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2010
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Ok, this would mean .. no more switching companies .. and just stick to the same company ...... :eek:

bubbly2009 said:
As far as heard it is going to affect all H1B if they r not in fulltime position. This memo affects new/extension/transfer H1B in thirdparty Consulting Companies.
check in the murthy website u will get further more details.

Jasper

May 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2009 (AINP), 25-03-2010 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
15-07-2010
Med's Request
15-07-2010
Med's Done....
22-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2011
LANDED..........
14-06-2011
bubbly2009 said:
Thanks jasper for the info. where to take photos? and one more thing, what should be write in Choice visa office in IMM0008 application (Buffalo/NewYork)?
I took my photos at an office which had immigration photo service (I also took my fingerprints for PCCs there). I think you can do it even in Walmart, CVS, or Walgreens. Or you can even take photos with your camera and photoprinter. Just make sure the size of photos is correct.

And what I wrote in "Visa Office requested for the process of your application" box (1st page of IMM0008 Generic Form) is "Buffalo, USA."