ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rezendgi said:
Hi Nix1,

Do you know if we can ask them to mail it to a PO Box ?? I don't have any close friends in Canada when I am in the process of receiving the PR Card.
As far as I know, they will not mail anything to a PO Box. I am not sure if you are going through AINP or other PNP program. If you are not worried about where in Canada, I have a very good friend who lives in British Columbia (vancouver). I can ask him to help you. I don't think he will mind collecting a few documents for you and mailed them to you, but you will have to send him a prepaid self addressed envelope.

I did not use his address as I went through the AINP and I wanted to have an address in Alberta. I used a relative of my friend in Calgary.

narsanna

Star Member
Mar 11, 2009
Thanks NIX for answering my questions. This information was very useful to me.

Congrats NIX. probably in few days you will get PR Card.
Enjoy NEW YEAR as Canadian PRs.

nix1 said:
Despo and Narsanna and others, thanks for your wishes regarding my family's PR cards. I called the customer service yesterday and learned that my card is on the way. It was mailed on Dec 15, a few days after my wife's and kids'.

Now to the question of Narsanna:

I did not change my job, but I moved to a new city (near by city) and had to change my address. I did not fax. I sent an e-mail to change my address to Buffalo (my file was in Buffalo) at that time. They have instruction on what information to include while you request change of address online. They changed the address within a week as I was able to see the new address on eCAS. But they made a spelling error and my file got transffered to NY. I sent an e-mail to NY to fix the error, but nothing changed. Then I sent a case specific enquiry. After a week, I checked the eCAS again. This time the address error was fixed and medical results have been received was added. But they never replied to my e-mails other than the automatic e-mail that comes right after you send an e-mail.

I do not think changing address will make any difference in processing time. It is hard to tell how long it takes for the meessage "medical results have been received". If you look at my timeline on my blog, you will see how long it took for me.

There is no harm of asking Ottawa about your medical if you can get hold of them. Good luck.

rezendgi

Dec 5, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2008
Doc's Request.
24-11-2009
Nomination.....
09-12-2009
AOR Received.
06-07-2010
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
16-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2010
LANDED..........
Not Yet
thats very nice of you Nix1, thanks again !

I am going through AINP program.

nix1 said:
As far as I know, they will not mail anything to a PO Box. I am not sure if you are going through AINP or other PNP program. If you are not worried about where in Canada, I have a very good friend who lives in British Columbia (vancouver). I can ask him to help you. I don't think he will mind collecting a few documents for you and mailed them to you, but you will have to send him a prepaid self addressed envelope.

I did not use his address as I went through the AINP and I wanted to have an address in Alberta. I used a relative of my friend in Calgary.

dipen

Star Member
Nov 4, 2008
Hi everyone,
I received a call from my DMP they received the email reply from ottawa and has asked me to do my blood check. Ottawa office happened to have send the remedical request in my old address despite NY office has my new address and new address is in my ecase. narsanna this may be helpful information to you or anybody just to make sure Ottawa also has your new address just in case u get the remedical request n hopefully u wont. Although there isnt an easy way to verify this or contact them but keep checking about the medical received status or take action if it cross more than 60 days.
Also came to know that one who receives the remedical request the request letter tells u to take action within 30 days and if they dont hear anything within 90 days the PR application is considered terminated. Considering that timeline I am very close to the deadline. I did my blood check today and has asked for express delivery hopefully they will send it on monday.

narsanna

Star Member
Mar 11, 2009
I am really happy to hear form you like this dipen.

How can i send the address change form to ottawa and also how can i send this form.
I am mailing to NY office on Monday.so, can i send to ottawa on monday.
can you tell me that to which address can i send the change of address form.

Thanks dipen.

dipen said:
Hi everyone,
I received a call from my DMP they received the email reply from ottawa and has asked me to do my blood check. Ottawa office happened to have send the remedical request in my old address despite NY office has my new address and new address is in my ecase. narsanna this may be helpful information to you or anybody just to make sure Ottawa also has your new address just in case u get the remedical request n hopefully u wont. Although there isnt an easy way to verify this or contact them but keep checking about the medical received status or take action if it cross more than 60 days.
Also came to know that one who receives the remedical request the request letter tells u to take action within 30 days and if they dont hear anything within 90 days the PR application is considered terminated. Considering that timeline I am very close to the deadline. I did my blood check today and has asked for express delivery hopefully they will send it on monday.

jyde

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
Virginia
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2008
Doc's Request.
09-09-2009
Nomination.....
17-01-2009
AOR Received.
11-05-2009
IELTS Request
Not Requested
File Transfer...
20-05-2009
Med's Request
11-05-2009
Med's Done....
14-05-2009
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
12-17-2009
VISA ISSUED...
12-23-2009
@Dipen
Happy for you,
How many times did you fax ottawa?
I told you to fax them as many times
as you could and see what happens.

dipen

Star Member
Nov 4, 2008
Narsanna u might wanna send a regular mail to Ottawa office about the change in your address.
Director, Health Program (RNH), citizenship and Immigration Canada
Canadian Building, 219 laurier Avenue west, 3rd floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1 canada

also fax @ 613-941-5043

Although we assume that we are all set once we make change of address request to consular office and see our new address in ecase but there seems to be miscommunication between ottawa office and consular office about the address update. At least this is what is seen in my case and Tapak's case. so despite they respond or not just mail and fax your new address in ottawa office and keep checking your ecase. lookig at the past case Ottawa office normally send remedical request within 7-10 days once they receive the first medical report and your med. report was received on NOV 20 So to me it seems like you should be fine but still make sure about it by sending your new address

Jyde , I just faxed them once but didnt hear anything from Ottawa or the consular office. however they responded to my DMP's inquiry and thats how i came to know they have asked for the blood report and had mailed the request form in my old address twice. now lets see how things will go.

albertaorbust

Feb 8, 2009
Advise needed from applicants who are already in CIC process with CHILDREN.

On the Buffalo checklist, under children information the following is asked:
"Proof of custody for children under the age of 18 and proof that the children may be removed from the jurisdiction of the court

How did you guys prove the custody of children and that they can be removed from the jurisdiction of the court?
Is there a standard form for the above ? Is this even required for a normal family with spouse and children living together?
Any insight will be appreciated.

narsanna

Star Member
Mar 11, 2009
DESPO,NIX,JYDE,DIPEN or all can anybody answer this:
I want address change form where can i get the form. I want to send to NY and also ottawa.
And also tell me the contact number of ottawa.

Thanks to every body.
Happy chritmas.Enjoy the Week-end.

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied with my son(US Citizen) and my wife. I have family of 3. We all living together. This is what is submited for my son.

Notarized copy of Birth Certificate ( Shows both parents Name in it exactly the way it appears in our passport )
Notarized copy of Passport US

I don't remeber sending anything else to prove custody of child.

This applies to only who got divorsed and has a child. In that case if you have won the case to have custody of your child than that court order must be included in your file to prove that you have legal custody of your kid. i am sure this is not the case with you so you dont have to worry about it.

good luck

albertaorbust said:
Advise needed from applicants who are already in CIC process with CHILDREN.

On the Buffalo checklist, under children information the following is asked:
"Proof of custody for children under the age of 18 and proof that the children may be removed from the jurisdiction of the court

How did you guys prove the custody of children and that they can be removed from the jurisdiction of the court?
Is there a standard form for the above ? Is this even required for a normal family with spouse and children living together?
Any insight will be appreciated.

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi narsanna,

I am not sure that there is such form available. All you could do is to send fax to NY and Ottawa. You must include this with the letter request for address change on both faxes

Your file #
Your date of birth #
Your Country of Birth #
Your full name #
Previous address
New address

You may find ottawa fax # from erlier post from Dipen on this page or previous page.
Here is the NY consulate details
Mission Tel.: (212) 596-1628
Immigration Tel.: (212) 596-1783
Mission Fax: (212) 596-1790
Immigration Fax: (212) 596-1791 or (212) 596-1725 ( This is the # u need to use )

narsanna said:
DESPO,NIX,JYDE,DIPEN or all can anybody answer this:
I want address change form where can i get the form. I want to send to NY and also ottawa.
And also tell me the contact number of ottawa.

Thanks to every body.
Happy chritmas.Enjoy the Week-end.

jyde

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
Virginia
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2008
Doc's Request.
09-09-2009
Nomination.....
17-01-2009
AOR Received.
11-05-2009
IELTS Request
Not Requested
File Transfer...
20-05-2009
Med's Request
11-05-2009
Med's Done....
14-05-2009
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
12-17-2009
VISA ISSUED...
12-23-2009
Guys got my PPR yesterday in the mail from NY.
Dated 17th december 09.
you can check my info on trackkit name JUSTRON.

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ........... what took you so long to post this great news.

hhmmmmmmmmmmmmm? Yesterday you mean in Saturday correct? sunday USPS dont deliever. Which state do you live by the way just want to calculate mailing time. my Paycheck comes from NY ADP office if they mail something on Friday i get it on next tuesday. you said something about dated 17th December (thursday ) if NY has issued PPR to me also on thursday too than i should get something in mail today....... can't wait to go home nowwwwwwwwwwwww.....

congratsssssssssssss enjoy your xmus and new year with blast this could be your last xmus and new year celebration in US.

jyde

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
Virginia
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2008
Doc's Request.
09-09-2009
Nomination.....
17-01-2009
AOR Received.
11-05-2009
IELTS Request
Not Requested
File Transfer...
20-05-2009
Med's Request
11-05-2009
Med's Done....
14-05-2009
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
12-17-2009
VISA ISSUED...
12-23-2009
Am so sorry guys don't know what happen to forum page
just couldn't post anything last night.
I had to drive all the way to maryland to pick it up in a
friends place (cos i used their address)
from virginia where i now live in the danger of the snow.
It was dated 17th and mailed out the same day.
friend didn't check their mail on friday 18th and saturday 19th
not untill yesterday sunday 20th.