+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Only Super Visa applicants Please - Timeline 2018

Jack-Can

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
I am so so glad you replied. If they do not have 6000 dollars in liquidity. By any chance can I transfer that amount to their bank account. If yes, would that not come out as a record that it was transferred by me?
I am not sure about this, I'll let senior members to respond to this query. Thank you

AMR2011

Aug 20, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Dec-2011, Federal App Rec. in NS: 29-June-2015(Sent:18/6)
Doc's Request.
CSQ: 04-03-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ: 29-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2012; Federal AOR: 7-August 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
Med's Request
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
"Medical Received": 26-02-2016; PPR: 29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 29-02-2016; Visa Issued: 3/3/2016
LANDED..........
4-Oct-2016; PR Card received: 15th Dec 2016!!!!!
Hi All,

Thinking about getting a supervisa for my mother who is all alone during this covid time in India. She is mentally stressed and she doesnt have any visas so far. I am almost a citizen in Canada, having passed my citizenship test but waiting for the ceremony. How to apply for supervisa? I tried PGP but could not get through the lottery system. Planning to go for the SuperVisa now. Since my mother is a widow is there any special items i need to take care of in terms of supporting her stay here? I have good amount of yearly salary well above the LICO (4 of us +mother) for the 5 of us. Any advice would help at this stage.

dejavu89

Mar 6, 2019
Hi All,

I have applied for Super Visa for my Mother in Law last week. I got a notification the application is in process.
While filling in the application, I used reason as "Other" and Description as "COVID-19". This was mentioned in one of the CIC website to indicate to prioritize the application.

Other option was to use "SuperVisa" as usual, but it would take longer time.
Has anyone used this setting for the reason to travel question in the application ?
What are the general timeline these days for Visa approval ?
In her application status, it is mentioned that she does not need medicals and biometrics at this time. If it changes they will let us know.

Any experiences related to this would be great !!!

Regards,
Sharat Joshi
Hi, I am applying for my mom's supervisa. Should I also mention COVID-19 as the reason? Did it work for you?

CanucksRajiv

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Hello Guys,

I am new to this process. If spouse is not working can she include husbands income as household income (which is greater than the required threshold) and sponsor her parents for super visa? The Financial Support section says following: The child or grandchild who invites you must prove that their household meets the minimum necessary income. We can interpret this as even though the spouse is not working she can include her husband's income as household income and still be able to sponsor. Let me know if this interpretation is correct.

What are the current processing times for super visa? Parents US visa was rejected in 2019. Will it impact super visa? They don't have any other travel history. How to mitigate this??

Can we apply visitors visa and super visa simultaneously? During current covid times what should be mentioned as the purpose of visit?

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:

drjoyekans

Jan 28, 2019
My mother in law is with us in Canada, and we want to extend her stay because of COVID-19. Is it possible to apply for Supervisa for her while she is in Canada?

abiisharma

Star Member
Mar 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,
I started the process of Supervisa for my mother. I received a Biometric request letter and asking me to provide biometric in 90 days. But all VACs are close in India due to Covid. What should I do now?
I am thankful for your advice.
Regards,
Kandarp Patel
I am in the same boat. I applied for my parents a couple of days back. Currently, biometrics are open for a work permit, PR, and students.

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can anyone share here sample invitation letter used in super visa?

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
please recommend a reliable website to get super visa insurance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My mother in law is with us in Canada, and we want to extend her stay because of COVID-19. Is it possible to apply for Supervisa for her while she is in Canada?
No she has to apply for a supervisa while outside Canada. She can apply to extend her visitor status. You can say that she is fearful to travel during covid. Covid will be around for a long time so would expect that visitors won't get extensions indefinitely due to covid.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Guys,

I am new to this process. If spouse is not working can she include husbands income as household income (which is greater than the required threshold) and sponsor her parents for super visa? The Financial Support section says following: The child or grandchild who invites you must prove that their household meets the minimum necessary income. We can interpret this as even though the spouse is not working she can include her husband's income as household income and still be able to sponsor. Let me know if this interpretation is correct.

What are the current processing times for super visa? Parents US visa was rejected in 2019. Will it impact super visa? They don't have any other travel history. How to mitigate this??

Can we apply visitors visa and super visa simultaneously? During current covid times what should be mentioned as the purpose of visit?

Thanks in advance!!
How long have you been in Canada. It seems as though you may have only recently relocated. Supervisa is based on income earned while in Canada and not salary. That is why most only qualify for a supervisa after a year or more. If you co-sign the application your spouse can include your income earned on the application. Processing varies but it is usually over a month. It really depends if parents have done biometrics and medical and what testing is needed. They will need to declare the US visa denial.

Fateh13

Nov 17, 2020
Hi, can I get valuable suggestions regarding medical insurance for parents super visa (Saskatchewan). Where to get.

abdulqayyum

Dec 22, 2013
Hi guys,
I'm applying for super visa online, i have uploaded all the required documents and forms, however i couldn't find any placeholder to uploade the health insurnace, pls advise, thanks.

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,
I'm applying for super visa online, i have uploaded all the required documents and forms, however i couldn't find any placeholder to uploade the health insurnace, pls advise, thanks.
Hi,
Can you share a sample invitation letter for supervisa?

abiisharma

Star Member
Mar 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sample Invite
## Please do add your personal genuine details for the invite as per CIC (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/letter-invitation.html) letter of invite section, and add your employment / financial documents to support your claim.##

=========
Date: ###

LETTER OF INVITATION – Mrs. ### and Mr. ####(Supervisa- Parents)

I, Name (DOB: ### and Permanent Resident Card # ###) resident of ###Address## Canada. I am permanently residing in Canada.

I have been employed since ##Date of Employment## with ##Company Name## as #Title# at a total annual income of $$$$$ a year.

I wish to invite my parents Mrs. ###(Passport Number ####, DOB: January ####) and Mr. #### (Passport Number #######, DOB: ###) to visit Canada, who are presently residing at ###Address##(Phone: #######). The visit to take place from ### to ###.

The purpose of the visit is to meet me <add some more details>. I have been residing in Canada for ### years. It is my sincere wish that they be permitted to visit me.

I hereby undertake to bear medical, travel, lodging and boarding expenses during their visit here in Canada from the time of arrival to the time of departure of the above said invited persons. They will be living with me at ##Address of stay##

I further undertake to receive my parents at the Port of Entry in Canada and repatriate them to India at my own cost if and when necessary. They will not become burden on Canadian Authorities. They will abide by the terms of visa issued and will leave the country on or before the expiry of Visa.

I have sufficient funds to bear the said expenses as undertaken. This declaration is made in support of the Application for a visitor visa and other necessary documents for travel to Canada for parents.

Name###

Mobile:###