+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Only Super Visa applicants Please - Timeline 2018

amansanghera83

Star Member
Jul 14, 2013
Great, congratulations!! I have same situation. My mom's Supervisa just got approved on 24th April; however, dad has to wait due to further medical test. They asked for X-ray and Sputum test.

How we can be sure if they issued Super Visa or Visit Visa? Are they still mentioning on counterfoil different indicators for Super & Visitor Visa? We have sent Mum's passport for Stamp, will update here once we get it back.
Can you tell me please when did you apply?

S0324

Jul 25, 2018
India
Hi Bryanna,

My sister is a Canadian citizen and is in the process of applying a Super visa for our parents. There are a few queries, hope @Bryanna would help us:

1) My sister is expecting a baby in Nov 2019. I know that we shouldn't use this as a reason for the visit. However, in our application should we need to declare to CIC that she is expecting a baby?

2) Considering the recent development in our life, our parents would want to spend a little more time with my sister. For obtaining super visa, can I put 6 to 8 months?

3) My mom doesn't have any property in her name. She has a fixed deposit of 6000CAD in her bank account. She has a medical condition, aortic sclerosis since 2010. There was no surgery and all, but since then she is under tablet medication. She has been advised not to do heavy chores like lifting, but apart from that, she is healthy. Would this affect the process of getting her a super visa?
Also, yearly twice she goes for a general checkup with her cardiologist. We can get a letter from him describing her health and the next appointment scheduled with him. Can we use this as a reason for her to return back to India? Or, this medical condition would have a negative impact on our application?

Thank you

Patel Patel

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Hi Patel,
Yours and mine cases and timelines are almost identical.
I also applied for regular visitor visa for my parents last year around March 2018 and got rejected (reason of rejection was no travel history).
This time (after an year) i applied for Super Visa.
Date of application : 16th March 2019
Medicals : Upfront
Biometrics done : 1st April 2019

Now waiting for next step/update.

Please keep sharing the updates on your profile too.

Thanks,
Raghu
Hi,
Have you got it approved? If yes, please share the date when you got a passport request. Thanks

Patel Patel

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Hello, I applied for my parents supervisa on March 14th. Upfront Medicals. Uae visa office. I then had to submit two webforms to update something. The most recent webform was sent in today. Do webforms delay the decision? How long do you guys think their visa will take?
Hi,
I was just wondering if you have already got the results on your parents application? I applied in the same week as yours so just wanting to know since I’m still waiting for the final decision on my parents supervisa application. Thanks

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Okay, thanks. We have submitted passport last Thursday, still waiting for counterfoil to be generated so we can check which category they issued. How long did they take to stamp your passport?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna,

My sister is a Canadian citizen and is in the process of applying a Super visa for our parents. There are a few queries, hope @Bryanna would help us:

1) My sister is expecting a baby in Nov 2019. I know that we shouldn't use this as a reason for the visit. However, in our application should we need to declare to CIC that she is expecting a baby?

2) Considering the recent development in our life, our parents would want to spend a little more time with my sister. For obtaining super visa, can I put 6 to 8 months?

3) My mom doesn't have any property in her name. She has a fixed deposit of 6000CAD in her bank account. She has a medical condition, aortic sclerosis since 2010. There was no surgery and all, but since then she is under tablet medication. She has been advised not to do heavy chores like lifting, but apart from that, she is healthy. Would this affect the process of getting her a super visa?
Also, yearly twice she goes for a general checkup with her cardiologist. We can get a letter from him describing her health and the next appointment scheduled with him. Can we use this as a reason for her to return back to India? Or, this medical condition would have a negative impact on our application?

Thank you
1. Not advisable. They could simply mention a visit to spend time with your sister's family.

2. For super visas, they can mention a stay of upwards of 1 year up to 2 years. Not 6-8 months.

3. She might have to go through medical furtherance

Reactions: S0324

Patel Patel

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Hi,
@Bryanna and @Kindness101
Finally I just received a passport request for my parents Supervisa application. Thank you so much to both of you for being so positive and for emotionally supporting me Everytime I was worried about the timeline. Special thanks to you Bryanna for providing your valuable advices and suggestions whenever it was needed. I truly appreciate all the help.

I am just sharing my timelines here so that it can help to someone like me who is desperately waiting for the final decision on their parents supervisa application.

Supervisa application for both parents (Bangalore VISA Office) :
Applied: March 11, 2019
With upfront Medicals
Biometrics request: March 13
Biometrics submitted: March 19
Medical passed in the same week of biometrics submission
Since then it was keep showing the same message of reviewing eligibility

Got passport request: today April 29, 2019

Reactions: Kindness101

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,
Finally I just received a passport request for my parents Supervisa application. Thank you so much to both of you for being so positive and for emotionally supporting me Everytime I was worried about the timeline. Special thanks to you Bryanna for providing your valuable advices and suggestions whenever it was needed. I truly appreciate all the help.

I am just sharing my timelines here so that it can help to someone like me who is desperately waiting for the final decision on their parents supervisa application.

With upfront Medicals

So so happy for you and your parents. Your patience and diligence was rewarded very well.

Congrats :):)

Reactions: Patel Patel

SufferInCan

Star Member
Oct 7, 2016
Hi all. Let me share my time line here.
Applied online : March 14
Biometrics: upfront
Medical: upfront
Additional documents request: April 14 - Supervisa Medical Insurance
Medical passed: April 15

I have a question here. I have already provided a one-year supervisa medical insurance policy online (under OPTIONAL DOCUMENTS). I am confused why they are asking again for the same document. I called the insurance company, and they confirmed that the document they sent me is the right document requested by the IRCC, and that they issue thousands of policies providing the same document, and there had never been an issue. Appreciate your inputs
Regarding my parent's case, unfortunately it still pending !! As requested, I re-submitted the medical insurance online on April 15, although I submitted it with the application documents on March 14. Medical is now again showing "You do not need a medical exam" after it showed "Passed" on April 15. Has anyone gone through the same? The timeline is below
Applied online : March 14
Biometrics: upfront
Medical: upfront
Additional documents request: April 14 - Supervisa Medical Insurance
Medical passed: April 15
Submitted the Supervisa Medical Insurance online: April 15
Medical: You do not need a medical exam : April 16
We are reviewing the additional document you provided: April 17

Kindness101

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
Canada
App. Filed.......
June 24,15
AOR Received.
Aug 28,15
File Transfer...
AIP - November 15, 2016
Med's Request
PCC request Jan 9th, 17
Med's Done....
June 24, 15 and December, 2017
Interview........
None
LANDED..........
April 9, 2018
Hi,

With upfront Medicals

Many many congratulations! I am so happy for you and your family!

Reactions: Patel Patel