+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Only Super Visa applicants Please - Timeline 2018

hariqbal

Star Member
Jul 7, 2016
Hello everybody,
Quick question document number start with letter E followed by 9 digits is a supervisa or visitor Visa?

Armiti

Apr 30, 2018
I applied for parents super visa in February and medical test was requested and submitted in March.I was wondering when we should expect visa!
How long does it take to issue it after submitting medical?

nf01

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
File Transfer...
24-03-2016
Med's Done....
14-01-2016
Applied for my mums super visa online April 17th
Biometrics requested April 18th
Biometrics completed April 23rd

Whats the timeline these days?

madhouseontheshore

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-08-2017
Passport Req..
23-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2017
Hi Everyone!

I have a couple of questions regarding the supervisa application for my parents:
Is it okay to state in the invitation letter that they intend to stay for more than 6 months? My dad's got a job and property in the home country and my brother also lives there, so on paper, the likelihood of our parents going back look good. I've also mentioned in the invitation letter that he's applying for extended vacations after a long time to visit us here and stay with us. However, I read on some threads that don't mention more than 4 weeks of stay, which doesn't really make sense when to apply for the super visa, we are selecting the intent to stay for more than 6 months to begin with. Did anyone of you guys mention 6 months or more?
Second, what can be submitted as the purpose of temporary travel, other than the following examples listed on the CIC page:

You must submit proof that you are coming to Canada for a temporary visit.
Examples of what you can provide as proof:
A scanned copy of:

• Your flight ticket departing Canada,
  • Your travel itinerary (e.g. places you will visit or stay, such as hotel booking),
  • Proof of a medical appointment.
Because the last two are not applicable in our case since my parents are going to stay with us and he hasn't purchased his return tickets yet. What else can we submit?

mle.87

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 23rd 2015
AOR Received.
July 23rd 2015
File Transfer...
August 27th 2015 - AOR 2
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 30th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
October 18th 2015
LANDED..........
November 12th 2015
Is it okay to state in the invitation letter that they intend to stay for more than 6 months?
I wrote in my letter I am financially able to and willing be supporting my parents stay up to two years. Make sure to provide ample proof of funds.

Second, what can be submitted as the purpose of temporary travel, other than the following examples listed on the CIC page:

You must submit proof that you are coming to Canada for a temporary visit.
Examples of what you can provide as proof:
A scanned copy of:

• Your flight ticket departing Canada,
  • Your travel itinerary (e.g. places you will visit or stay, such as hotel booking),
  • Proof of a medical appointment.
Because the last two are not applicable in our case since my parents are going to stay with us and he hasn't purchased his return tickets yet. What else can we submit?

For this ask, I combined flight tickets (just screen shots, did not purchase yet) and 1-year $100K medical insurance documents into one PDF and uploaded.

Reactions: madhouseontheshore

madhouseontheshore

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-08-2017
Passport Req..
23-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2017
I wrote in my letter I am financially able to and willing be supporting my parents stay up to two years. Make sure to provide ample proof of funds.

For this ask, I combined flight tickets (just screen shots, did not purchase yet) and 1-year $100K medical insurance documents into one PDF and uploaded.
Thanks for replying. I'm not too sure about including screenshots of the tickets that's not bought yet. Has your parent's supervisa application been approved?

mle.87

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 23rd 2015
AOR Received.
July 23rd 2015
File Transfer...
August 27th 2015 - AOR 2
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 30th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
October 18th 2015
LANDED..........
November 12th 2015
Thanks for replying. I'm not too sure about including screenshots of the tickets that's not bought yet. Has your parent's supervisa application been approved?

Yes, my mother's Super Visa was just approved this morning. Book a flight and get to the confirmation page just before paying. Then print off the page but instead, save as PDF is what I did.

Father's SV is still in progress as he had to do further medicals, no update yet.

Reactions: fastfood

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, my mother's Super Visa was just approved this morning. Book a flight and get to the confirmation page just before paying. Then print off the page but instead, save as PDF is what I did.

Father's SV is still in progress as he had to do further medicals, no update yet.
Great, congratulations!! I have same situation. My mom's Supervisa just got approved on 24th April; however, dad has to wait due to further medical test. They asked for X-ray and Sputum test.

How we can be sure if they issued Super Visa or Visit Visa? Are they still mentioning on counterfoil different indicators for Super & Visitor Visa? We have sent Mum's passport for Stamp, will update here once we get it back.