+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Only Super Visa applicants Please - Timeline 2018

alexpritie

Apr 30, 2013
Online Application from Canada

Application submitted : Dec 21st
Consultant didn't included our bank balance letter,rest everything submitted.Is it ok?
Hoping for the best

Harshi90

Oct 17, 2018
Supervisa online application applied on 7th december 2018(New Delhi Visa office)
Medical request on 19th december 2018
Medical done on 21st december 2018... waiting for the update.. anyone can tell me hw long does it take to update it on CIC account online. And how long does it take to get passpost request after that..

Reactions: alexpritie

csvinayak

Star Member
Jul 9, 2010
Super visa applied online for MIL on
Nov 30 2018
Medical request Dec 11 2018
Medicals completed Dec 20 2018.

I m not sure how long it will take to reflect online

nav13

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
TIMELINE

applied for parents Super-visa on December 7th with upfront medicals. applied online , parents are in haryana, India.
passport request - December 27th

my question- do parents have to go to VFS in person to deposit passports or someone else can do that on their behalf.

is there anything other than passport along with the passport request letter required ?

thank you in advance

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
TIMELINE

applied for parents Super-visa on December 7th with upfront medicals. applied online , parents are in haryana, India.
passport request - December 27th

my question- do parents have to go to VFS in person to deposit passports or someone else can do that on their behalf.

is there anything other than passport along with the passport request letter required ?

thank you in advance
If they are unable to submit their passports to VFS/VAC in-person, they can authorize someone to do so on their behalf.

The authorized person must carry letters of authorization (no specific format) + ID proof + VFS consent letters signed by each of your parents + VFS service fees for passport transmission

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
no interview background check started Oct 4,2016
Passport Req..
October 18, 2016, application approved Nov 14,2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 10, 2016 All the glory to our God!
Hello. I am in the process of researching on how to bring my husbands mom on supervisa. My husband moved to Canada through spousal sponsorship March 2017. He started working just after he arrived. I only started working October 2017, but my salary for a year is way over the requirement. As there is myself, my husband and his mom that makes 3. The requirement for income I believe is around 38,000.

1. If we apply in 2019 is this income requirement needed for 2016,2017 and 2018?

2. Currently on holidays in India. Was looking at all of my mom in laws documents for us to collect. I noticed many mistakes on information such as her date of birth. Birth certificate and passport are diff date of births. Unfortunately in India apparently attention to details such as date of births isn’t very important. I was wondering if we were able to change the birth certificate date to match the passport will there be issues? Any other suggestions?

3. My mom in law occasionally goes back and forth to Dubai. If she needs a medical while in Dubai can that be done there?

Thanks!

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
no interview background check started Oct 4,2016
Passport Req..
October 18, 2016, application approved Nov 14,2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 10, 2016 All the glory to our God!
Yes, you can. Do check with the insurance company.

Do keep in mind: The first entry on a super visa would allow for a stay of up to 2-years (if the date is handwritten under the entry stamp). Subsequent entries would be for 6 months.

Yes, he would need minimum medical insurance of CAD 100,000 for each super visa entry
I have not read anywhere that subsequent entries are only for 6 months? Could you send a link on that please. This is the link I read but it doesn’t say about subsequent visits. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=426&top=16

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014

kolmotta

Sep 24, 2017
Yes, you can. Do check with the insurance company.

Do keep in mind: The first entry on a super visa would allow for a stay of up to 2-years (if the date is handwritten under the entry stamp). Subsequent entries would be for 6 months.

Yes, he would need minimum medical insurance of CAD 100,000 for each super visa entry
Hi Bryanna, I see that you have been very helpful in answering so many queries on this form. Thanks a lot for that.
I have a query in this particular instance.
The CIC site does not mention any restriction of 6 months for subsequent entries in case of Super Visa.
Please refer http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=426&top=16
Here there is a statement " The key difference is that the Super Visa allows an individual to stay for up to two years at a time in Canada, while a 10-year multiple entry visa would only have a status period for each entry of six months only."
As you can see for Super Visa, there is no restriction of which entry is concerned, it is mentioned as two years at a time.
Kindly review and confirm your guidance.
Thanks.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna, I see that you have been very helpful in answering so many queries on this form. Thanks a lot for that.
I have a query in this particular instance.
The CIC site does not mention any restriction of 6 months for subsequent entries in case of Super Visa.
Please refer http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=426&top=16
Here there is a statement " The key difference is that the Super Visa allows an individual to stay for up to two years at a time in Canada, while a 10-year multiple entry visa would only have a status period for each entry of six months only."
As you can see for Super Visa, there is no restriction of which entry is concerned, it is mentioned as two years at a time.
Kindly review and confirm your guidance.
Thanks.
Do see my previous post in this thread

bhramar

Nov 4, 2018
The information on Canada Visa forum was very helpful in putting together the Super Visa application for my mom. Thanks to everyone who have shared their experiences in different threads, especially Bryanna for all your posts.

Timeline for my mom's online super visa application:
Application submitted: Nov. 15 (with upfront Medical examination)
Request for Passport: Dec 11
Passport Submitted (in Pune VFS office): Dec 13 (requested passport be mailed back to home address)
Visa Issued: Dec 17 (as per visa stamped on passport)
Passport Received: Dec 20
Visa Stamped: Multiple entry PG1 visa valid till date of expiration of passport (2026)

I lived in US for eight years before moving to Canada in 2016. My mom is a widow and I have no siblings. Her US visa applications had been rejected three times and UK visa application was rejected once when she was planning to do a UK + Europe tour with a tour group. Given these rejections I went with Super Visa option. I might have gone overboard in providing some documents, but here is the list -

- all required application forms (imm5257e, imm5645, imm5257b) + use of representative + authority to release personal information

Applicant:
- passport
- confirmed flight tickets (Apr-Jun)
- medical exam proof
- medical insurance (12 months)
- statement of financial investments in India
- property valuation
- letter of explanation (included private tuition photo - my mom is a teacher)
- digital photo

Host:
- bank statement
- letter of employment
- notice of assessment 2017
- T4 2017
- letter of invitation
- passport (proof of relationship)
- PR card

In the last five years my mom has visited five other countries (UAE, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore & Mauritius) as part of a tour group. I am not sure if this travel history helped as I believe all these countries have visa on arrival for Indian passport holders.

Hope this is helpful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kindness101

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
The information on Canada Visa forum was very helpful in putting together the Super Visa application for my mom. Thanks to everyone who have shared their experiences in different threads, especially Bryanna for all your posts.

Timeline for my mom's online super visa application:
Application submitted: Nov. 15 (with upfront Medical examination)
Request for Passport: Dec 11
Passport Submitted (in Pune VFS office): Dec 13 (requested passport be mailed back to home address)
Visa Issued: Dec 17 (as per visa stamped on passport)
Passport Received: Dec 20
Visa Stamped: Multiple entry PG1 visa valid till date of expiration of passport (2026)

I lived in US for eight years before moving to Canada in 2016. My mom is a widow and I have no siblings. Her US visa applications had been rejected three times and UK visa application was rejected once when she was planning to do a UK + Europe tour with a tour group. Given these rejections I went with Super Visa option. I might have gone overboard in providing some documents, but here is the list -

- all required application forms (imm5257e, imm5645, imm5257b) + use of representative + authority to release personal information

Applicant:
- passport
- confirmed flight tickets (Apr-Jun)
- medical exam proof
- medical insurance (12 months)
- statement of financial investments in India
- property valuation
- letter of explanation (included private tuition photo - my mom is a teacher)
- digital photo

Host:
- bank statement
- letter of employment
- notice of assessment 2017
- T4 2017
- letter of invitation
- passport (proof of relationship)
- PR card

In the last five years my mom has visited five other countries (UAE, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore & Mauritius) as part of a tour group. I am not sure if this travel history helped as I believe all these countries have visa on arrival for Indian passport holders.

Hope this is helpful.
Happy it worked out well for your mom, and pretty quickly too :)

alexpritie

Apr 30, 2013
My consultant didn't include our bank letter will there be a problem, and he mentioned that mother in law will be staying for two years. I am tensed if they will give visa or not?
Application submitted : Dec 21st

zk_may

Jun 11, 2015
Hello all,

My parents came to Canada last year and they got two years of stamp (stay permit ) and their visa already expired. They also have USA visa.

They got sick and they are not in that condition to travel long hour. So, what can i do this moment to renew or get new visa. Is there anyone who's having the same issue like me.

Please advise.

Rumbi

Mar 22, 2017
Hi everyone. How much money should I have in my bacnk account to apply for both parents apart from the LICO. They won’t be staying for long because they are both teachers and they only get one month holiday and main purpose of this current visit would be the wedding. I am married to my husband legally but we didn’t have a wedding. I can’t apply for TRV because chances of it being rejected are high because my parents don’t have any savings